hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Whittaker

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He hasn't played a lot of football in two year so has been trying to get up to speed. He's injured just now though and is helping the squad making himself available. We have got a manager whom doesn't need to select him remember. Why not have a go at the person selecting him instead of people ripping into Whittaker?

We where getting pumped long before he came on.
    I've slated Lennon many times about his team selections and tactics but unfortunately some Hibs fans think the sun shines out his arse and he can do no wrong. Lennon shouldn't be playing him. He cannot defend, he cannot run, he cannot cross. It's just a waste of a jersey at the minute.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The wage thief part got me riled, sorry.
    No problems.
    I felt bad for using that term and have since apologised and removed it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    No problems.
    I felt bad for using that term and have since apologised and removed it.
    👍 Good lad.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I've slated Lennon many times about his team selections and tactics but unfortunately some Hibs fans think the sun shines out his arse and he can do no wrong. Lennon shouldn't be playing him. He cannot defend, he cannot run, he cannot cross. It's just a waste of a jersey at the minute.
    With an injury, I'm sad to agree. Again he's being ripped to shreds but ultimately the manager picks the team.

Coaching Staff
    I agree Steven shouldn't be playing at the moment as I don't really think he's fully fit, but I'm far from comfortable with some of the name calling & other stuff being aimed at him.

Left by mutual consent!
    In isolation of whatever his pay or contract that 4th goal was absolutely shocking from him waving arm about.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    In isolation of whatever his pay or contract that 4th goal was absolutely shocking from him waving arm about.
    As shocking as our goalie for the first two or Effe for the third? No.

All goals are howlers. Whittaker although 3 down seems to be getting the most stick. I don't understand it. Defence and goalie absolute murder first two goals, rocky guessing again wrong for the second kicking out of play for the first and Ambrose **** knows what he's doing the third. Whittaker comes on, were a lot more solid, he gets skinned for the 4th, yes the 4th and he gets ripped whilst Ambrose tried hard and Rocky is the best keeper since Goram? Nah you're alright.

Left by mutual consent!
    As shocking as our goalie for the first two or Effe for the third? No.

All goals are howlers. Whittaker although 3 down seems to be getting the most stick. I don't understand it. Defence and goalie absolute murder first two goals, rocky guessing again wrong for the second kicking out of play for the first and Ambrose **** knows what he's doing the third. Whittaker comes on, were a lot more solid, he gets skinned for the 4th, yes the 4th and he gets ripped whilst Ambrose tried hard and Rocky is the best keeper since Goram? Nah you're alright.
    This post is about SW as stated there were plenty of other howlers but this is about SW.

This post is about SW as stated there were plenty of other howlers but this is about SW.
    And it’s about his performance since he’s been here, not just yesterday. For most of the players, yesterday came as a shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    So should we have induvidual threads on each player then and add criticism to it regardless? The people who won't hear a bad word about Lewis will have kittens.

@hibs.net private member

tbh , i feel this thread is about the current "whipping boy"...There is no way Whittaker should be getting singled out above others after yesterday. OK He should have played on rather than called the offside, but at least he saw it, where was the others in defence claiming the offside to allow him to focus on GMS? There were others far worse who played the whole game. Any of the midfield would warrant a thread of their own before SW.

Left by mutual consent!
    Well nobody is stopping anyone starting deserved threads on Ambrose shocking defending or any other player. I have praised SW however yesterday IMO he was poor and commented on a thread about him.

Left by mutual consent!
    So should we have induvidual threads on each player then and add criticism to it regardless? The people who won't hear a bad word about Lewis will have kittens.
    You can do what you like, I have criticised SW on a thread about him, if he had played a blinder then I would say so on this thread also.

Lewis doesn't simply give up and trot along once he is beaten. Lewis holds his position. He makes a massive contribution. There lies the difference here.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    tbh , i feel this thread is about the current "whipping boy"...There is no way Whittaker should be getting singled out above others after yesterday. OK He should have played on rather than called the offside, but at least he saw it, where was the others in defence claiming the offside to allow him to focus on GMS? There were others far worse who played the whole game. Any of the midfield would warrant a thread of their own before SW.
    Correct. Singling him out especially as we are 3 down is criminal. What about Hanlon having his second shocker in a row? Good enough for Scotland? Really?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Lewis doesn't simply give up and trot along once he is beaten. Lewis holds his position. He makes a massive contribution. There lies the difference here.
    He made no contribution at all yesterday. At least there's usually a couple misplaced crosses and he tries very hard, like Simon Murray.

He made no contribution at all yesterday. At least there's usually a couple misplaced crosses and he tries very hard, like Simon Murray.
    Whitty is obviously your mate. Fair dos and you will want to defend him. I understand he is a lovely guy and a great professional. However he has never been a great defender and I have been shocked by his lack of pace and lack of willing to get back since he returned. For me he should never be in the team.
    If he is injured, he needs to agree with Lennon to take time out and recover, as his performances are not helping him, the team or his reputation.

Think the people that are saying he didn't do well yesterday remember that he came on at half time 3.0 down in a team that all were poor.

Left by mutual consent!
    Whitty is obviously your mate. Fair dos and you will want to defend him. I understand he is a lovely guy and a great professional. However he has never been a great defender and I have been shocked by his lack of pace and lack of willing to get back since he returned. For me he should never be in the team.
    If he is injured, he needs to agree with Lennon to take time out and recover, as his performances are not helping him, the team or his reputation.
    👍 For what it's worth I don't think he should be playing either but he's learning from NL and is trying to help him out.

👍 For what it's worth I don't think he should be playing either but he's learning from NL and is trying to help him out.
    👍

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Just in case it was me you were waving to.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Its strange we are having a thread about Whittaker, as if he's to blame for recent goals we have shipped in, yet he was not on the park when we lost both goals on wednesday, and not on the park for the first 3 on saturday.

According to Lennon, he's struggling with an injury, Whittaker does not pick the team, but when Whittaker is not on the park and the team are still losing goals, i fail to see how Steven is getting it tight.

Could he do better, of course he can. Yet those who are calling for him not to play, and you then see the teams people are picking before each game, those replacing him are hardly covering themselves in glory either.

He's not fit, David Gray is not fit, but Lennon is asking Whittaker to help him out as he's better than what we put there as a replacement.

Whilst I have had my moments of angst over Lewis. he simply never,ever hides .even when he is playing badly he always gives his all.

Whittaker is simply not a defensive full back,I do think he can offer much more elsewhere but poor cover in that area( old.old,old problem) forces him to be played there.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Its strange we are having a thread about Whittaker, as if he's to blame for recent goals we have shipped in, yet he was not on the park when we lost both goals on wednesday, and not on the park for the first 3 on saturday.

According to Lennon, he's struggling with an injury, Whittaker does not pick the team, but when Whittaker is not on the park and the team are still losing goals, i fail to see how Steven is getting it tight.

Could he do better, of course he can. Yet those who are calling for him not to play, and you then see the teams people are picking before each game, those replacing him are hardly covering themselves in glory either.

He's not fit, David Gray is not fit, but Lennon is asking Whittaker to help him out as he's better than what we put there as a replacement.

That's exactly what's happening mate. Your assessment is 100% spot on.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    Whilst I have had my moments of angst over Lewis. he simply never,ever hides .even when he is playing badly he always gives his all.

Whittaker is simply not a defensive full back,I do think he can offer much more elsewhere but poor cover in that area( old.old,old problem) forces him to be played there.
    That's exactly how it is, mate. Your assessment is 100% spot on too.

That's exactly what's happening mate. Your assessment is 100% spot on.
    Correct - the set up from Lennon when we haven't had a fit RB has been poor. Roger isn't fit and shouldnt be playing. Efe struggles to hold his position at RB, and Darren doesnt have the pace for it. If we don't sign an RB in Jan then only Lennon can take the blame for the issues in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Correct - the set up from Lennon when we haven't had a fit RB has been poor. Roger isn't fit and shouldnt be playing. Efe struggles to hold his position at RB, and Darren doesnt have the pace for it. If we don't sign an RB in Jan then only Lennon can take the blame for the issues in that area.
    And if we do sign another right back it's not too clever business either, bearing in mind we already brought in cover for our injury prone right back with another injury prone right back on a three year deal!

And if we do sign another right back it's not too clever business either, bearing in mind we already brought in cover for our injury prone right back with another injury prone right back on a three year deal!
    We don't need another RB, play 3 at the back and use Boyle as a wingback, he's capable of doing it, I've never been a fan of using a CB as a makeshift RB.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    We don't need another RB, play 3 at the back and use Boyle as a wingback, he's capable of doing it, I've never been a fan of using a CB as a makeshift RB.
    I agree another right back is wasteful, but would worry that it's wasting Boyle if we play him too deep.
    Any money we have in January needs to go on young creative players or a centre forward IMO.

I think we'll be fine once Gray and Whittaker are back fully fit. Yes both of them haven't been fantastic this season, but will do a job for the time being. I also agree with the above, in the time being, I'd like to see Boyle as wingback.