hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whittaker

Blog Entries
    Maybe an injury was affecting him today, but he didhave a shocker. Don’t forget though that Celtic are a formidable team, domestically, and cause every defence problems. In the majority of games, Whittaker would hold his own. We knew when we signed him that his strength was going forward and not defending. I think we should cut him some slack.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair he was injured but he wasn't the only one, Stevenson, McGeoch, Hanlon etc all poor until we scored then they started to believe again!
    McGeouch had 2 poor passes all game but apart from that was chasing everything and involved in nearly all our build up play, Hanlon made one wee mistake at their 2nd goal by stepping to his right and giving the Celtic CF room to hit the post and Stevenson kept Forrest quiet nearly all game and his surging run forward created the chance foe Shaw to score.

Barker defended better today but really seems to flatter to deceive at times, all tricky build up with little end product, Looks like he doesn't fancy being here at times. I'd like to see someone in the mould of Morgan at St Mirren come here and play on the left.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    McGeouch had 2 poor passes all game but apart from that was chasing everything and involved in nearly all our build up play, Hanlon made one wee mistake at their 2nd goal by stepping to his right and giving the Celtic CF room to hit the post and Stevenson kept Forrest quiet nearly all game and his surging run forward created the chance foe Shaw to score.

Barker defended better today but really seems to flatter to deceive at times, all tricky build up with little end product, Looks like he doesn't fancy being here at times. I'd like to see someone in the mould of Morgan at St Mirren come here and play on the left.
    That’s one of my main problems with McGeouch. ‘Chasing everhthing’ At times to me it just seems he’s making token runs to look like he’s closing down but never actually makes much effort to put in a tackle. He often slows the game down too much for me and plays far too many square passes for a player with his ability and vision.

I know the above sounds like I don’t rate Dylan. That totally isn’t the case and I think he’s an important first time player. Just think he’s capable of much more than he gives at times.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post

That's really not how I see it tbh.

I think he's very happy to be here. He's very talented and clearly has something about him but his game has weaknesses. Barker needs to play regular football and that's exactly what he's getting with us.

He'll return to City a better player and will be grateful for the experience.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    For Christ sake: we earned a precious point by matching up to the runaway champions and might actually have won. BUT, let’s have a go at one of our players. Not even constructive criticism but just putting the boot in. Funny thing is, Sinclair did F all in the first half and my mates were praising Whittaker for not giving Sinclair an inch. Not only that, but Boyle did an outstanding job on Tierney on the right while still finding the space to attack their defence.. Neither of the Celtic superstars did anything of note for the first 45. I really hate this place at times.
    Agree with this. Whittaker was poor for first 20 - 25 minutes of second half, as Hibs were as a team.

He's up against a really good winger in Sinclair and did come off 2nd best but some of the comments on here are just pathetic.

Can't understand why we can't just enjoy being able to compete with a team that's unbeaten in 68 domestic matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Was absolutely hopeless today.

Sinclair ripped him every time he got the ball. He was never the quickest but now looks even slower and more cumbersome than ever before.

There’s no doubting his quality on the ball but we really are going to have to consider whether he’s capable of playing quick tricky wide players. I bet Murty is praying he starts this week as Windass will have the same sort of joy against him as Sinclair had today.
    Horrible performance. He was defensively awful, which I guess is to be expected but going forward and in possession he offered nothing as well. Bailed out on various occasions by either Marciano or Boyle.

Sinclair didn't even have to try, he just cut inside, vaguely faked to shoot once and Whittaker gave up the ghost.

Terrible performance.

Not buying the idea he was injured , if he was no chance at all Lennon would have started him. He maybe wasn't match fit but that's not the same as being injured.

He had a very poor game today and that's not the first time this season he has not played well. It's a worry he has a 3 year deal considering he will be one of the highest earners at the club.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Not buying the idea he was injured , if he was no chance at all Lennon would have started him. He maybe wasn't match fit but that's not the same as being injured.

He had a very poor game today and that's not the first time this season he has not played well. It's a worry he has a 3 year deal considering he will be one of the highest earners at the club.
    Lennon confirmed in his BBC interview that he is struggling with a pelvic problem

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Whether he was injured or not he was chronic today. Might not have been his fault so I’m not going to slaughter him for it, but if he’s not fit and that’s how he’s going to play then he shouldn’t even be in the squad on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Lennon confirmed in his BBC interview that he is struggling with a pelvic problem
    Not struggling enough that he can't start the game though. I don't doubt he isn't at full fitness but Lennon woudnt start a player and play him for 75 minutes if he was injured. He was poor today and has struggled in matches a good few times this season.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Whitty has struggled defensively all season for me. Offers something going forward but really struggles defensively against pace, of the two I prefer SDG personally.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Haha! Forgetting the last ditch tackle on Forrest when he was through 1 on 1 then aye?
    That was a great tackle. Covered his arse cos he misjudged the pass through in the first place.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Prefer David Gray to Whittaker. To be honest though, I prefer David Gray to anyone else on the planet.
    Defensively, I prefer anyone on the planet to Whittaker.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    That was a great tackle. Covered his arse cos he misjudged the pass through in the first place.
    The idiot that is Andy Walker thought that should have been a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Whittaker was really poor today. He was off the pace, used the ball poorly and was slow to react to danger.

If he's injured, he should not have been playing.
    Maybe Lennon doesn't want daz playing three games in six days more like. We are doing tremendous considering our injuries so January can't come quickly enough. Hopefully a full back and an attacking midfielder/winger.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    what a bellend he is! it was a great tackle.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    If he’s injured, play 3 at the back with Lewis and Boyle left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    I heard him say that too. The guy really is an @rse.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Did he? I thought Marv got caught ball watching as McGregor burst through more the middle of the park and Stevenson saved the day.

McGinn and McGeoch were just jogging back at both goals. Offered no cover to the defence whatever. Whitty switched off at the first goal. Think he's cost us about nine goals this season so far.

Shame as he is a fairly good midfielder

Slowest full back since Maybury. About as defensively good as Maybury too. Awful today, can't afford to start him against Windass cause he will run rings past him

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Slowest full back since Maybury. About as defensively good as Maybury too. Awful today, can't afford to start him against Windass cause he will run rings past him
    Look he is not fit neither is Sdg, get over it. Efe right back Wednesday, Darren centre Half.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I can never understand when we have a good result that postersimmediately come on here to criticise our players.Whittaker was not fit but went out to do his best because that was what was needed.
    Sorry but that's rubbish mate
    ..he was badly at fault for both Celtic goals and the offside Sinclair goal. If he's injured then our manager should not be playing him...but for me he is well past it...slow as a wet week and cannot defend to save himself

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    All Stevenson did in the first half was give the ball away! He was better in the second half.
    And save a certain goal in the 1st minute

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Did he? I thought Marv got caught ball watching as McGregor burst through more the middle of the park and Stevenson saved the day.
    I thought so - long ball from deep in the Celtic half and he watched it float over his head. Recovered really well though but could’ve handled it more comfortably in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Look he is not fit neither is Sdg, get over it. Efe right back Wednesday, Darren centre Half.

No I won't "get over it". He's been pish on numerous occasions this season and seriously lacks pace, that's got **** all to do with being fit or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    He’s not a liability, man’s injured.
    Today Billy he was a Liability Agree probably carrying an injury but was never comfortable and made us vulneranlevdown that flank

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    I think there were a number of errors, in varying number, by almost all the team today. Partly that's the nature of football but we shouldn't forget that this is a strong Celtc team who are good enough to create the conditions that lead to mistakes by the opposition.

As a counterpoint I couldn't believe how often we won possession from challenges and intercepted passes. It is rewarding for the players to see what their endeavour can lead to.

With Whittaker specifically, he didn't look quite right today. If he's carrying a pelvic injury then that will obviously impact on pace, but hopefully it's a temporary state of affairs. I'm sure he's meant to be a good trainer who looks after himself, which bodes well. For me, his biggest plus points are that technically he is proficient - very good feet, he seems to have a good attitude and he has bags of experience at a level that means he should be very comfortable in our games, if fully fit.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Nothing wrong with Maybury, was actually a solid player for us.

Whittaker, Hanlon and Stevenson are all decent against bottom six premiership sides. Against Celtic, they are cruelly exposed pace wise, and will possibly struggle a bit against A'deen and Huns too. They need replaced if we're to progress.