hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Whittaker

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whittaker, Hanlon and Stevenson are all decent against bottom six premiership sides. Against Celtic, they are cruelly exposed pace wise, and will possibly struggle a bit against A'deen and Huns too. They need replaced if we're to progress.
    Hanlon? Sorry but I couldn’t disagree more! He’s been superb all season again everyone pretty much. Can’t believe you think he needs moved on if we are to progress he’s one of the best CH in Scotland.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Hanlon? Sorry but I couldn’t disagree more! He’s been superb all season again everyone pretty much. Can’t believe you think he needs moved on if we are to progress he’s one of the best CH in Scotland.
    Absolutely agree.

@hibs.net private member
    Whittaker, Hanlon and Stevenson are all decent against bottom six premiership sides. Against Celtic, they are cruelly exposed pace wise, and will possibly struggle a bit against A'deen and Huns too. They need replaced if we're to progress.
    TBH. The whole of this post is wildly wrong...The Hanlon point is just bananas.....every defender in our league will be exposed at times against Celtic. They are top notch - beyond our level ...all three you mention have contributed for us this season and well worth their place in the team and squad

Hanlon? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    He's not far off.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    He's not far off.
    He’s miles off if he thinks we need to move Hanlon on. But it’s not like you to also have a Wee dig you do it daily I actually find it rather funny now as I think you do it for a reaction 😁

I actually thought Efe had to do better at the second goal. Once Sinclair gets inside Whittaker all Efe had to do was step out, Sinclair gave him plenty opportunity to do so but he held his ground when marking nobody. Then Bartley turning his back after not taking McGregor out on half way and it was more than just Whitty at fault.

Well I'm sure Aberdeen will be happy to take Hanlon off our hands!

Stevenson had Forrest quiet all game, the fact he had to keep cutting inside showed Stevenson had a good game yesterday, Forrest has been Celtics best players this past 8-10 games which shows what a good job Stevenson did. Celtics 2 goals came from our right side where Whittaker was all over the place at times.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    I actually thought Efe had to do better at the second goal. Once Sinclair gets inside Whittaker all Efe had to do was step out, Sinclair gave him plenty opportunity to do so but he held his ground when marking nobody. Then Bartley turning his back after not taking McGregor out on half way and it was more than just Whitty at fault.
    There was a sense of deja vu about their second.

Was it Moult who scored a similar goal to that one earlier this season?

Worked in off our right, decent right-footed strike from outside the box, a few of our players might have done better?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Whittaker is a liability. Gray is missed right now.
    He's injured and playing against one of the quickest streaks of pish in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This, he kept right on top of Dembele from the moment he came on and won everything in the air.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    He's injured and playing against one of the quickest streaks of pish in the league.
    Whittaker like that in first spell with us. Good coming forward and plays nice triangles. Easily turned on the defensive role. Balance is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Whittaker like that in first spell with us. Good coming forward and plays nice triangles. Easily turned on the defensive role. Balance is not good.
    If he wasn't good enough defensively he wouldn't have played at the level he has, at least not as a right back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    If he wasn't good enough defensively he wouldn't have played at the level he has, at least not as a right back.
    I only really care about where he is right now as a player and that is nowhere near good enough.
    Because of his three year deal and Gray’s injury problems, right back has now become a problem position for us even though we have two high earners on the books for that position.
    Hopefully Gray is back soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member LEaston87's Avatar
    Whitty was hopeless today. Fair enough he's up against Sinclair who is probably the second best footballer in the league(after SJM) but i lost count of the number of times he was caught wrong side of him. School boy stuff. He also looked like he was towing a caravan when chasing Him. No idea what he was thinkinh when he tried that left peg zinger across the pitch

Every club in Scotland bar Celtic would kill for a centre half like Hanlon in their team.

Hanlon been a stand out week in week out. Whitts has never been a great defender and is better going forward. He was always going to struggle against the pace of Sinclair.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    did all 3 not play when we beat the rangers at ibrox?

Think Lennon will have in mind sevco left back Declan John who looks a decent player to be fair. Like Sinclair a right footer played on the left. Can see lenny reverting to a back 3 for Wednesday.

I would drop Barker to quiet over his time on the pitch. And with going to a 3 I think he would rightfully be the odd fit.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hanlon - as in the guy who was in the last Scotland squad?

I like Hanlon as a player but his inclusion in the Scottish squad only shows the extreme limitations of our national pool of talent.

I’d be looking to Porteous over the next 18 months and replacing Stevenson, Gray and Whittaker over the same period. We need to keep progressing- no room for sentiment! I’m sure Lennon will be taking that view too.

Over the past 2 or 3 seasons Hanlon has progressed into a very good center half. I seriously doubt we could get better for the money we pay though I agree Stevenson , Whittaker and Gray could all be improved upon.

I also admire Hanlon as a total pro. When selected for the Scotland squad he showed no embarrassment at his reduced circumstances whereas a lesser man would have been devastated.

I like Hanlon as a player but his inclusion in the Scottish squad only shows the extreme limitations of our national pool of talent.

I’d be looking to Porteous over the next 18 months and replacing Stevenson, Gray and Whittaker over the same period. We need to keep progressing- no room for sentiment! I’m sure Lennon will be taking that view too.
    Guarantee you Lennon doesn't get rid of Hanlon. Nothing to do with sentiment, he is a class player.

Folk need to remember we are Hibs.

We will not get better centre halfs than we have at the moment (Hanlon, Ambrose & McGregor).
    Stevenson is a decent defender at our level and worth his place.
    Whittaker, however, was shocking. if he was injured Lennon made a massive mistake in playing him and keeping him on the pitch for as long as he did.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hanlon had a good game yesterday. So did Barker. Barker and Boyle obviously had to a very disciplined role in the first half and it was effective apart from the suicide pass by Dylan (who I thought was the least composed out there)

First time I've seen Tierney in the flesh too, he's a bit special eh? Whittaker had no chance with him and Sinclair lining up against him, especially injured.

I also admire Hanlon as a total pro. When selected for the Scotland squad he showed no embarrassment at his reduced circumstances whereas a lesser man would have been devastated.
    Shocking trolling.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Not really sure what game you are talking about there DBS. Whittaker I will give you but Hanlon and Stevenson?
    Forrest and their CF were both subbed so perhaps that goes a long way to disproving your theory that they were exposed. Both played well yesterday and certainly don't have a lack of pace.

@hibs.net private member
    If we end up with a couple of defenders better than Hanlon, then we will really be some team. The guy has been superb this season. Best defender at the club.