hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    I just read back there and some people - or one person in particular was slagging John McGinn?? Thats probably one of his best performances this season. He;s up against the best players in scotland and did a fantastic job. We do have a major issue at RB at the moment.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sean South and The Merry Ploughboy both got long and loud. There are worse things to worry about however.
    I agree. The older I become the more ‘Lenny Bruce’ I feel about things. Let fans sing and chant whatever they want. I can’t get upset about other teams’ fans when I’m watching Hibs play some of the best fitba I’ve seen in a while. I’m glad my team’s supporters are focusing on the games and singing about the great players we are watching at the moment.

First Team Breakthrough
    Take a bow sjm you were brilliant today,best player in a hibs jersey iv seen since john Collins in eighties.totally played the Scotland captain off the park.wish you would be staying longer but after today I believe an offer will come in which we wont be able to turn down.thank you again wee man a joy to watch.

@hibs.net private member
    Brilliant end to the game. Stokes cannot play up front on his own and we were a totally different team when Shaw came on. No idea how Lennon left Whitts on for so long. He is either injured(that's what I've heard) or finished and we had at least a couple of ways of changing things to give us someone to nullify Sinclair. I thought Boyle was excellent at times and played well and Stevenson had another great game. I would far rather Lennon went a wee bit more offensive and gave Celtic something to think about but credit where it is due we got the point and can look forward to the next two games with optimism. Shaw must be due a few more minutes in games as Lennon clearly doesn't rate Murray very highly.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I just read back there and some people - or one person in particular was slagging John McGinn?? Thats probably one of his best performances this season. He;s up against the best players in scotland and did a fantastic job. We do have a major issue at RB at the moment.
    McGinn was outstanding today. He's a bit slow in backtracking and the set pieces he was involved in were pretty poor. But he's got a spark when he's on the ball and a dynamo that never tires.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    That was me, and tbh it was in reference to everyone having a pop at Whittaker which was embarrassing in all honesty.

It certainly was not mcginn's best game of the season, far from it imo. He had an ok first half and played a fantastic ball to Boyle which led to our first shot but other than that I felt he was poor until around 70 mins. In fact our whole midfield was. Dylan gave the ball away too much and Marv wasn't overly effective today. We had between 15 and 20% possession in that 70 mins and for me our midfield needed to get a hold of the ball and get further up the park.

Over the 90 mins the only players I felt played at a consistent level were Stevenson and Boyle.

Another poster accused me of having something against mcginn, far from it I just personally think he should be the driving force and giving Celtic more to worry about. He's a fantastic player

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    That was me, and tbh it was in reference to everyone having a pop at Whittaker which was embarrassing in all honesty.

It certainly was not mcginn's best game of the season, far from it imo. He had an ok first half and played a fantastic ball to Boyle which led to our first shot but other than that I felt he was poor until around 70 mins. In fact our whole midfield was. Dylan gave the ball away too much and Marv wasn't overly effective today. We had between 15 and 20% possession in that 70 mins and for me our midfield needed to get a hold of the ball and get further up the park.

Over the 90 mins the only players I felt played at a consistent level were Stevenson and Boyle.

Another poster accused me of having something against mcginn, far from it I just personally think he should be the driving force and giving Celtic more to worry about. He's a fantastic player
    You think people having a go at Whitty (done for both goals) who’s played really poor today is embarrassing but think our best player deserved it instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    You think people having a go at Whitty (done for both goals) who’s played really poor today is embarrassing but think our best player deserved it instead?
    He wasn't motm imo. Boyle was. Just because he got voted doesn't mean it's right. He was voted player of the league last season and wasn't our best player (McGregor was)

And I feel I've made some valid points RE mcginn. The ones about Whittaker were over the top imo

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    He wasn't motm imo. Boyle was. Just because he got voted doesn't mean it's right. He was voted player of the league last season and wasn't our best player (McGregor was)

And I feel I've made some valid points RE mcginn. The ones about Whittaker were over the top imo
    Hanlon was our best player last season. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post
    What songs are we talking about here?
    I couldn't hear any from the FF today

I was in the west and heard loads of references to the IRA from their end.

A collective deafness will descend, as per usual, on the SFA, SPFL, Police Scotland and the SMSM

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

A collective deafness will descend, as per usual, on the SFA, SPFL, Police Scotland and the SMSM
    There was a very short spell when the more robust pro-IRA stuff could be heard loud and clear. The Police went in to the crowd and dealt with it, the songs weren’t heard again. And the Hibs equaliser shut them up totally.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    At 0-2 I'm sure we all felt the task was hopeless, but what tremendous team spirit we displayed. A comeback like that, when it would have been very easy to get disheartened, is a very positive sign. It's evidence of high morale and mental strength. Many past Hibs side would have folded at 0-2, but today was very encouraging. It's also a lift going into the Rangers game; we can beat them, as we've already proved.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    At 0-2 I'm sure we all felt the task was hopeless, but what tremendous team spirit we displayed. A comeback like that, when it would have been very easy to get disheartened, is a very positive sign. It's evidence of high morale and mental strength. Many past Hibs side would have folded at 0-2, but today was very encouraging. It's also a lift going into the Rangers game; we can beat them, as we've already proved.
    Although for a few minutes after their second I thought we looked like we’d given up.

I’ve been really confident about Wednesday for a while, whether or not we got a result today. A few of the players looked gutted at full time, which was something I didn’t work in to the equation though. They’ll be desperate to get back out there.

I am even more confident now. Wednesday is going to be a good night!

2 up and they Hearts'd it up.

Can’t believe there’s been no mention of Rocky, who for me, was MOTM today. At least 3 or 4 saves with his feet that definitely kept us in the game. OK, they were not the most spectacular saves you’ll ever see but crucial they most definitely were. Even think he might have saved their 2nd had it not deflected into the net.

All opinion of course.

To sum up, great comeback after being ‘dominated’(?) for most of the game. And that last minute chance to win it? I was up off my seat so quick and sat down even quicker when that big skinny Swede got his long skinny leg in the way to clear it away. Ah well. On another day.............?!

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    There was a very short spell when the more robust pro-IRA stuff could be heard loud and clear. The Police went in to the crowd and dealt with it, the songs weren’t heard again. And the Hibs equaliser shut them up totally.
    30 mins they piped up with that one, no way you could claim it was a minority, the when stand were joining in. Obviously nothing will be said about it though.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Great result but not the best performance especially in the first half. Effie was our best player. We seemed to lack belief to begin with
    There was a moment at 2 - 2 when one of their players (mrgregor?) was through on goal and Efe just put his foot on the ball an turned taking it with him. It was such a class piece of defending, so composed.

We saw the best and worst of Efe today but I'm still glad he's in our team. Love the guy. When Daz is back I hope we have space for him, I still would like to see him in the DM role, where Hanlon and McGregor can cover if he has a slip and he can do those surging runs without leaving a hole in central defence.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    There was a moment at 2 - 2 when one of their players (mrgregor?) was through on goal and Efe just put his foot on the ball an turned taking it with him. It was such a class piece of defending, so composed.

We saw the best and worst of Efe today but I'm still glad he's in our team. Love the guy. When Daz is back I hope we have space for him, I still would like to see him in the DM role, where Hanlon and McGregor can cover if he has a slip and he can do those surging runs without leaving a hole in central defence.
    Moving to Hibs has revitalised his career. From a laughing stock at Celtic to one of the very best centre halfs in the league.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Sean South and The Merry Ploughboy both got long and loud. There are worse things to worry about however.
    People don't have to like the songs, but wining on about "sectarianism" demanding action etc is laughable. We could try singing something ourselves and drowning them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    I agree. The older I become the more ‘Lenny Bruce’ I feel about things. Let fans sing and chant whatever they want. I can’t get upset about other teams’ fans when I’m watching Hibs play some of the best fitba I’ve seen in a while. I’m glad my team’s supporters are focusing on the games and singing about the great players we are watching at the moment.
    Loved Lenny Bruce How to talk dirty and influence people

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

I was in the north end of the east and the whole gamut of terrorist songs came over loud and clear. They really are dross.