hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should marriage/civil union between two people of the same sex, be allowed?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, anyone should have the right to marry whoever they want

60 90.91%
  • No, marriage should only be between a man and a woman

6 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

@hibs.net private member My_Wife_Camille's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Should two people of the same sex, be allowed to marry?

Should marriage/civil union between two people of the same sex, be allowed?

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Of course. Fail to understand how anyone could think differently in 2017.
    Mon the Hibs.

Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course. Fail to understand how anyone could think differently in 2017.
    Do peoples opinions change over the years or is it just that people are afraid to express their true opinions any more for the fear of being labelled?
    Last edited by Scouse Hibby; 06-12-2017 at 07:27 AM.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Do peoples opinions change over the years or it is just that people are afraid to express tbeir true opinions any more for the fear of being labelled?
    I think the former, but it could be either of course.

There has been a shift for the good in many areas from 100 years ago and people are generally less racist, sexist, homophobic, and bigoted (not that I was around 100 years ago, but that's the impression I've got).

Maybe perception is an issue and people don't want to say their beliefs as they'd be labelled one of the above these days - that would be hard to measure.

I'd be disappointed if this poll wasn't 100% yes though.
    Mon the Hibs.

Yes.
    21.05.2016. I Was There.

.net PM board "Biggest Slaver of the year 2014"

Less talk, more gifs. :

Yes.

2 people who love each other being married isn't going to cause the breakdown of society just because they both have the same genitals.

Testimonial Due
    Why the hell not?

Its nobody's business but their own. Its what liberalism means.

Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    I couldn't do the Poll on my phone but it's a yes from me too.

I have met and know some lovely couples in this situation and all that matters to me is that they have both found happiness with each other.

Two of tbe three couples I know personally also now have children and are fantastic parents.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibby; 06-12-2017 at 07:41 AM.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Civil definitely yes. Marriage I'm fine with but equally churches should have the right to say no if it is against their beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Civil definitely yes. Marriage I'm fine with but equally churches should have the right to say no if it is against their beliefs.
    You're right.

I can't understand a same-sex couple wanting to get married in a church anyway.

I think if you'd done this poll when I was at school 30 years ago you'd get 0-14 the other way. And possibly an offer to have a square go for even asking the question. Even five years ago I think you'd get a fair few folk saying how disgusting it is. Just shows how times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I think if you'd done this poll when I was at school 30 years ago you'd get 0-14 the other way. And possibly an offer to have a square go for even asking the question. Even five years ago I think you'd get a fair few folk saying how disgusting it is. Just shows how times have changed.
    Yep and I'll admit I would have been one of them, and I was at school more recently than that.

Yet another YES vote for me though

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    You're right.

I can't understand a same-sex couple wanting to get married in a church anyway.
    Even in an Episcopalian church?

Same sex marriage is fine with me I don't see any problems with it personally.

I think the next big decision humanity will need to make is whether people will be allowed to marry their robot. AI is going to make these sex dolls very life like and id wager that people want to marry them and argue AI has consciousness.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    I think the next big decision humanity will need to make is whether people will be allowed to marry their robot. AI is going to make these sex dolls very life like and id wager that people want to marry them and argue AI has consciousness.
    Haha...

If someone wants to get freaky with a robot then that's up to them, but legally marry it? Naw, dinnae be silly.

@hibs.net private member
    Oddly the more pertinent question is maybe should two people of the opposite sex be allowed to have a civil partnership.

We seem to now be in the rather odd position in the UK where heterosexual couples have less options that those that are not.

Anyway I've always said each to their own so if same sex couples want to be married then that's fine by me.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Yes. Obviously.

I do like this guys take on it -

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriff...410689/video/1

@hibs.net private member steakbake's Avatar
    Of course they ****ing should.

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Of course they ****ing should.
    Im almost certain there are at least a handful of posters on here who disagree but are too scared to contribute to the thread Go on Go on you know you want to.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Im almost certain there are at least a handful of posters on here who disagree but are too scared to contribute to the thread Go on Go on you know you want to.
    Maybe they're scared of being persecuted the same way the subjects of this thread were years ago? The silent minority/majority (delete as applicable).

Personally, whatever makes people happy is fine by me and, if you find love (even if it's with a Stratocaster) then good for you. We have more than enough grief in the world to go around these days.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Maybe they're scared of being persecuted the same way the subjects of this thread were years ago? The silent minority/majority (delete as applicable).

Personally, whatever makes people happy is fine by me and, if you find love (even if it's with a Stratocaster) then good for you. We have more than enough grief in the world to go around these days.
    That would take some pluck.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    That would take some pluck.
    A bridge too far, surely...

I'm a human being goddamnit, my life has value! Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post

All single coil and no humbucker? That's just not natural.

@hibs.net private member My_Wife_Camille's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    All single coil and no humbucker? That's just not natural.
    If you're going to turn this into a ***** unfunny pun thread then at least read the other ***** unfunny puns so we don't end up with the same ***** unfunny pun twice.

Yes

Can't do the poll on my phone but yes definitely it's 2017.

Yes they should I've been listening to Macklemore new album genisis and came across same love an older track pro gay rights and some lines jumped out at me for instance
    And god loves all his children is somehow forgotten yet we paraphrase a book written 3500 years ago and another line is I may not be the same, But that's not important. No freedom till we're equal (. This could be used in a lot of things right now).
    He may not be everyone's cup of tea he certainly wasn't mine but that is some powerful stuff and the new album is cracking

@hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Following the result of the vote in Australia, they've just shown a home made video of the Australian ambassador to France proposing to his boyfriend.

It was quite funny to see how nervous he was - obviously scared of getting a KB as well as the 'public' aspect of the thing.

It had me welling up to be honest. COUGH COUGH (gruff voice) not that I'm gay or anything you understand...

@hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    I know time has moved on and the posters may have changed their viewpoint but Iím still not following from the previous thread why some posters specifically proclaimed theyíre ďagainst homosexual sexĒ. What on earth is there to be against, especially if as they claimed theyíre not homophobic?

Thatís not a go at the posters btw, genuinely interested as to how you can disagree with it.. I donít even know what there is to disagree with? Obviously Iíd disagree with it if I came home and two guys were in my bed blasting each other up the arse, but Iíd disagree with that if it was a straight couple aswell.

My thoughts for this thread - I have absolutely no issues with people being gay and think they should have all the same rights as anyone else. That goes for any group infact whether thatís sexuality, race, gender etc.

I will say however that I cannot stand extremely camp folk though (at least nearly all the ones Iíve met, I may just be unlucky) which has had people accuse me of being homophobic before when I couldnít be further from it. Thatís purely based on their personality and if a straight guy acted like that I wouldnít like them either.

When hibs went up to lift the Scottish cup, I was there!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I know time has moved on and the posters may have changed their viewpoint but Iím still not following from the previous thread why some posters specifically proclaimed theyíre ďagainst homosexual sexĒ. What on earth is there to be against, especially if as they claimed theyíre not homophobic?

Thatís not a go at the posters btw, genuinely interested as to how you can disagree with it.. I donít even know what there is to disagree with? Obviously Iíd disagree with it if I came home and two guys were in my bed blasting each other up the arse, but Iíd disagree with that if it was a straight couple aswell.

My thoughts for this thread - I have absolutely no issues with people being gay and think they should have all the same rights as anyone else. That goes for any group infact whether thatís sexuality, race, gender etc.

I will say however that I cannot stand extremely camp folk though (at least nearly all the ones Iíve met, I may just be unlucky) which has had people accuse me of being homophobic before when I couldnít be further from it. Thatís purely based on their personality and if a straight guy acted like that I wouldnít like them either.
    Engaging in homosexual sex is considered sinful and "against nature" by almost all religions with followers expected to live a life free of sin or to pay penance to be forgiven of thier sins, allowing them to go to whichever version of heaven they subscribe to.

People can be "against homosexual sex" because they believe the widespread acceptance and engagement in this and other sinful acts such as Blasphemy, Abortion, Sex out of wedlock, Divorce and Masturbation etc will result in devine retribution and punishment from god.

The biblical example of this is sodom and Gomorrah which were destroyed by God because of the lack of righteous people within the cities that were filled with unrepentant sinners.

In this case thier stance comes from a position of concern for the welfare of our world and that they may be caught up in gods wrath against the sinners despite being, themselves, righteous and faithful people.

Other people are simply homophobic and filled with hate but disguise it as a religious stance. These are the ones that discriminate, insult and demean anyone different from themselves and struggle to justify thier behaviour beyond "because god said so"
    Last edited by MyJo; 18-12-2017 at 06:58 PM.