hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Joburg Open (Golf)

The Joburg is really the only tournament worth having a bet on this week. Notable players taking part are Oosthuizen, Frittelli who won last week and Coetzee. Porteous, Burmester, Wu and Wallace are other candidates to win while there's always the chance a complete unknown can have a brilliant one-off tournament of their career unexpectedly ending in a shock result which has only the bookie celebrating normally. I'm going for Coetzee to win outright not based on his recent performances but mainly because of knowing he has the talent to win if he chooses to. Same could be said for Oosthuizen of course but I'm going for the value bet of Coetzee who's a bigger price. Good luck to anyone else having a wee wager.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Scots Amatuer Golfers regularly do well in the national Championships in SA. A wee E/W on any of the Tours new Scottish young guns might produce results.

I couldn't work out why Oosthuizen wasn't mentioned in the betting I was looking at - he's withdrawn after jamming his fingers between 2 luggage trolleys at an airport.

Looking at who is there, it is hard to see beyond Fritelli although I'm not sure about his single figure odds. I'd backed Oosthuizen last week but he had a bad third round then a triple bogey a few holes from the end of his round there. Romain Langasque had a good week last week too so he's probably the most tempting price.

I'd lumped on Fritelli in-play and he just about blew it, Atwal playing the 18th well and forcing a play-off, so my gambling fund lives to see another week.

I'll put a small bet on before it starts but probably make my move on Saturday or Sunday once I've had a chance to watch a bit of it.

Rickie Fowler redeemed himself a bit in my eyes last week with a brilliant final round. I've backed him a few times when he's come up a bit short. I got on him during his front 9 on Sunday when he seemed to be building up a head of steam. There seems to be a fragility to his putting at times, so when you seem him holing a few, you know that he's going to take a bit of beating.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie;5238380[B
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ]I couldn't work out why Oosthuizen wasn't mentioned in the betting I was looking at - he's withdrawn after jamming his fingers between 2 luggage trolleys at an airport.
    [/B]
    Looking at who is there, it is hard to see beyond Fritelli although I'm not sure about his single figure odds. I'd backed Oosthuizen last week but he had a bad third round then a triple bogey a few holes from the end of his round there. Romain Langasque had a good week last week too so he's probably the most tempting price.

I'd lumped on Fritelli in-play and he just about blew it, Atwal playing the 18th well and forcing a play-off, so my gambling fund lives to see another week.

I'll put a small bet on before it starts but probably make my move on Saturday or Sunday once I've had a chance to watch a bit of it.

Rickie Fowler redeemed himself a bit in my eyes last week with a brilliant final round. I've backed him a few times when he's come up a bit short. I got on him during his front 9 on Sunday when he seemed to be building up a head of steam. There seems to be a fragility to his putting at times, so when you seem him holing a few, you know that he's going to take a bit of beating.
    Wonder if there'll be a rule 4 type percentage deduction in the event any of the pair Coetzee or Porteous win the tournament who I put bets on prior to the pre tournament favourite Oosthuizen pulling out as I note both their odds have sizably reduced?

I'll maybe have to pop into Ladbrokes tomorrow sometime and ask what the situation is with that.

Fritelli had been threatening a win for a while and he thoroughly deserved to win one. well done. I was on Fowler too at a very nice 10/1 ante post.
    Last edited by Tornadoes70; 06-12-2017 at 05:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Ah well, nowt else for it, I think I'll be forced to plonk my ass down and watch a couple of hours of golf from the Sunshine Tour in South Africa.