hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It seems to be the done thing these days for public figures to spuriously claim stupid or controversial quotes were taken 'out of context', when there is no possibility of this being possible. I wish journalists would pull them up about this more often.
    In this case, he's probably correct. As was stated above, he didn't see 2 of the offences until after the game, and the 3rd was virtually the last kick of the game.

In general terms, though, it seems to be a standard cop-out.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 05-12-2017 at 02:53 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

It seems to be the done thing these days for public figures to spuriously claim stupid or controversial quotes were taken 'out of context', when there is no possibility of this being possible. I wish journalists would pull them up about this more often.
    Have you read what Clattenberg said and compared it to how it's been interpreted?

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    So he manages the behaviour of players by treating one of them unfairly? That's a recipe for disaster if that player or his teammates feel picked on.
    In what way is it a recipe for disaster?

Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    Of course refs have a game plan, it’s called preparation and professionalism. Before the WC Final in Japan, Collina had analysed all the players, their style of play, weaknesses and strengths basically everything and he also correctly predicted which player was likely to get the first yellow ( he was correct, as was the decision, and there were only 2or 3 in the match)
    It would surely be bonkers for anyone to think the referee of a Hibs v Hearts or Celtc v Sevco game would referee it in exactly the same fashion as Tynecastle v Hutchy Vale U15’s - the conclusion that preparing properly for a game and refereeing a particular game in a particular manner, to me anyway, just doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.
    That is not a "game plan" that is preparing for your job. Even if he did have a game plan it goes totally out the window when the game starts and it does not go to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Have you read what Clattenberg said and compared it to how it's been interpreted?
    I heard him speak on the radio obviously they did not air the full conversation. However I still don't see why he said I thought I would leave it and let Spurs implode? Why say that if you did not see it?

Some refs cheat some don’t. People who think every ref is honest are very naive. Most are just crap but far to many just cheat! Players cheat all the time I find it hard why fans cant grasp refs do too. Loads of players have said the same!

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    A friend of a friend knew a SPL referee and the advice he got from Hugh Dallas at the time was to make a name for himself with some high profile controversial decisions. If he was high profile he was more likely to get the high profile games.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    No

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    A friend of a friend knew a SPL referee and the advice he got from Hugh Dallas at the time was to make a name for himself with some high profile controversial decisions. If he was high profile he was more likely to get the high profile games.
    In favour of which two teams I wonder

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Or they 'mis-spoke' when they are caught lying. Does ma head in.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    Or they 'mis-spoke' when they are caught lying. Does ma head in.
    'Mispoke' and making a 'misstep' traduce the English language IMO

More generally, with referees, I think they find themselves in an impossible situation. The two main criticisms they garner are not being consistent and not showing common sense. The problem is that it's practically impossible to show both consistency and common sense.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Just on the back of theCats thread corruption cheating or what ?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Can remember a Merseyside Derby where he should have just handed over the whistle to Gerrard as he was the one making the decisions.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...r-9042302.html
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 29-06-2018 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    If referees did everything by the book you'd get a card for anything. Common sense needs to be applied too.

And for a derby game there's going to be loads of fouls from both sides. You'd ruin the game by showing too many cards.
    How many times in the last few derbies should hertz players have been sent off after appalling tackles on our players? How many of our players were sent off for non fouls?
    Do you think its right, I dont.