hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    United was the correct choice, mate. Wednesday are the Jambos of Sheffield

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by itslegaltender View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not England but Cardiff is a cracking trip.
    My team!

Was going to mention the bluebirds but you beat me to it. Flights not too expensive either.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Brighton?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    Brighton?
    That's some trek!
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Breakthrough
    Online it says sky have up until 8th of December to decide if they want any of fixtures between 20th Jan to 3rd Feb to be shown on tv and can change the date and time of the match. So not booking train till then knowing my luck it will be changed

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    That's some trek!
    Correct.

Misread the OP's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk1875 View Post
    Online it says sky have up until 8th of December to decide if they want any of fixtures between 20th Jan to 3rd Feb to be shown on tv and can change the date and time of the match. So not booking train till then knowing my luck it will be changed
    Barnsley and Doncaster at home that day so some local games to Sheffield or hull if it does change.

Who you going to game with?
    Cougars!!!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Barnsley and Doncaster at home that day so some local games to Sheffield or hull if it does change.

Who you going to game with?
    Yeah I did look at Doncaster saw they were at home, I have my heart set on this game now so fingers crossed, heading down with the missus early train go to few local pubs before and after match soak up the match atmosphere, at night go out for drinks see what Sheffield nightlife like then back up road to Edinburgh Sunday.

I've taken a bit of a shine to Sunderland and have been to see them a couple of times recently.

They are totally crap, in deep trouble but there's something fascinating about where they find themselves. If they don't get their act together they could find themselves dropping further and their financial situation (which is dire in spite of having had Premier League millions flowing in for a decade) wouldn't really be able to withstand that.

Really easy ground to get to from Edinburgh, easy and (relatively) cheap to get tickets for and plenty of places to drink in both Sunderland and Newcastle.

Not won at home this year though, they are breaking records for their awful form and the natives are getting understandably restless. It will be pretty epic to be there when they eventually do something as simple as win a home game.

(I know you said you'd been to Sunderland before but I just thought it would be worth chucking this in).

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I've taken a bit of a shine to Sunderland and have been to see them a couple of times recently.

They are totally crap, in deep trouble but there's something fascinating about where they find themselves. If they don't get their act together they could find themselves dropping further and their financial situation (which is dire in spite of having had Premier League millions flowing in for a decade) wouldn't really be able to withstand that.

Really easy ground to get to from Edinburgh, easy and (relatively) cheap to get tickets for and plenty of places to drink in both Sunderland and Newcastle.

Not won at home this year though, they are breaking records for their awful form and the natives are getting understandably restless. It will be pretty epic to be there when they eventually do something as simple as win a home game.

(I know you said you'd been to Sunderland before but I just thought it would be worth chucking this in).
    Yeah Sunderland is great nice stadium I was in away end for Sunderland v Spurs really good atmosphere it's a shame what's going on.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Yeah Sunderland is great nice stadium I was in away end for Sunderland v Spurs really good atmosphere it's a shame what's going on.
    You think so? I found it souless stuck in the middle of nowhere.

First Team Breakthrough
    I really had heart set on sheffield but I just couldn't justify £158 for 2 train tickets so got tickets to Liverpool on 20th January £77 gonna go see Everton v West Brom not the most glamourous of fixtures but never had night out in Liverpool fair looking forward to it

First Team Breakthrough
    How about an Everton game? Great city with loads to do and a new experience for you.
    Ended up deciding with Everton haha

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Ended up deciding with Everton haha
    Big Sam is turning them around. Currently leading 2-1 and could go ninth.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Peach of a goal from Sigurdsson.

It got me thinking - did Sigurdsson ever score a peach for an Iceland (poss U21s) team at Easter Road? I remember a Scotland player (maybe Chris Maguire) scoring a peach from the halfway line, that may be getting me mixed up?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Peach of a goal from Sigurdsson.

It got me thinking - did Sigurdsson ever score a peach for an Iceland (poss U21s) team at Easter Road? I remember a Scotland player (maybe Chris Maguire) scoring a peach from the halfway line, that may be getting me mixed up?
    Yes he did same game, Sigurdsson curled it into top corner from about 25 yards.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Atmosphere is flat as a pancake though.

Can hear individual fans.

J

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Atmosphere is flat as a pancake though.

Can hear individual fans.

J
    Certainly Wasn't my first choice as I actually follow Liverpool, but cheapness of train tickets and also never actually been to Liverpool swayed my decision, went to Liverpool v arsenal about 8 years back but it was Sunday late kick off drove down and back same day.

Liverpool is a cracking day out, plenty of characters and the pubs are much cheaper and closer together than Manchester. Stick to the pubs around Liverpool Central station and you’re laughing, easy train ride to Sandhills where you can catch the Soccerbus direct to Anfield/Goodison.

Must admit I had tons of quality days out last season watching Bolton in League One, be it Sheffield, London or even the likes of Chesterfield, Scunny (£1.65 a pint) and Shrewsbury in particular. Looking forward to Sheff Utd away a week on Saturday.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Liverpool is a cracking day out, plenty of characters and the pubs are much cheaper and closer together than Manchester. Stick to the pubs around Liverpool Central station and you’re laughing, easy train ride to Sandhills where you can catch the Soccerbus direct to Anfield/Goodison.

Must admit I had tons of quality days out last season watching Bolton in League One, be it Sheffield, London or even the likes of Chesterfield, Scunny (£1.65 a pint) and Shrewsbury in particular. Looking forward to Sheff Utd away a week on Saturday.
    Quality we're staying at hotel on north John street just round from cavern club so not far away from Liverpool central

Hartlepool was good fun. A bit random, but we got into the supporters club before the game.

Darlington was the 'big' town nearby, also worth a shout. Only there for a few hours but the local birdlife was impressive...😻

First Team Breakthrough
    Everton v West Brom today on form gonna be a shocker but I'm going for 4-0 Everton haha