hibs.net Messageboard

Generosity - maybe not a dying trade after all.

Took my laddie who will soon be 17 through to Murano Place in Glasgow which is literally next to Partick Thistle's ground. We were looking at a wee Toyota Yaris which would potentially have been his first car.

The car was a wee bit out his budget but I thought if they could be haggled down I'd put in a bit more. He was telling the guy, a thistle fan that we would be back through tomorrow (we didn't want to lose out on the car) for the game. He also told him his budget and that anything above that he'd have to ask me to pay it.

Much to our surprise the guy says it's important that you negotiate your own first car son so I accept your offer. Such a nice gesture - 500 under the asking price.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Took my laddie who will soon be 17 through to Murano Place in Glasgow which is literally next to Partick Thistle's ground. We were looking at a wee Toyota Yaris which would potentially have been his first car.

The car was a wee bit out his budget but I thought if they could be haggled down I'd put in a bit more. He was telling the guy, a thistle fan that we would be back through tomorrow (we didn't want to lose out on the car) for the game. He also told him his budget and that anything above that he'd have to ask me to pay it.

Much to our surprise the guy says it's important that you negotiate your own first car son so I accept your offer. Such a nice gesture - 500 under the asking price.
    Nice story.

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Nice story mate 😁 With the possible added incentive that he will drive you anywhere however ridiculous your request. Well played the salesman.