hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arguably Dunbar's most famous son was John Muir. He was born in the nineteenth century and moved to the US as a child. He grew up to be probably the most important conservationist/environmentalist in American history and his name is likely far better-known there than it is here - I think he gets a lot of credit for the whole National Parks movement and the conservation of wilderness, allowing species to flourish untroubled by man. I think he was particularly fond of bears.

There's a country park on the outskirts of Dunbar, which has a good range of soft play and a few species of wild animals, named in his memory.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Arguably Dunbar's most famous son was John Muir. He was born in the nineteenth century and moved to the US as a child. He grew up to be probably the most important conservationist/environmentalist in American history and his name is likely far better-known there than it is here - I think he gets a lot of credit for the whole National Parks movement and the conservation of wilderness, allowing species to flourish untroubled by man. I think he was particularly fond of bears.

There's a country park on the outskirts of Dunbar, which has a good range of soft play and a few species of wild animals, named in his memory.
    Forgot about John Muir. Sorry, my Booboo (for the want of a better pun).

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Forgot about John Muir. Sorry, my Booboo (for the want of a better pun).
    I understand that if it wasn't a bear the statue was to be of the Holy Father availing himself in the woods
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars