hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Sportscene

Sportscene

WTF...
    it’s turning out to be a Jambo programme the night!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    BBC national news showed footage of the Celtc v someone game. BBC Scotland news didn't, and Sportscene, the BBC Scotland Scottish football show, didn't, and instead talked about it. WTAF?

I wonder if BT Sport blocked Sportscene from showing any of the League cup final ... cant say I'm that bothered they didn't, who wants to watch the Celtic sledgehammer crack another nut anyway?

The good news was that the insightful Michael Stewart once again absolutely slaughtered the Yams and both him and Thomson agreed that it was a clear foul on Bartley in the lead up to Hamilton's goal

Good to see them interviewing the fans before the game. Just a pity they didnt do it after as we were robbed. Noticed a stalwart from here on it. GreenLex. Hope they paid you Lexo.....
    B

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BT58 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good to see them interviewing the fans before the game. Just a pity they didnt do it after as we were robbed. Noticed a stalwart from here on it. GreenLex. Hope they paid you Lexo.....
    B
    Heavily edited. I sparfed for ages. They did try to lead you with the revenge theme. Feel like a scab. I’ve no equiry card.😂😂😂 oh aye and my daughter is defo the one with the looks.😂😂😂

First Team Breakthrough Coults1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Heavily edited. I sparfed for ages. They did try to lead you with the revenge theme. Feel like a scab. I’ve no equiry card.😂😂😂 oh aye and my daughter is defo the one with the looks.😂😂😂
    Done the exact same with me, 5min interview turned into a 5 second clip, missed out all my digs about hearts and the slating i gave the plastic pitch!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coults1875 View Post
    Done the exact same with me, 5min interview turned into a 5 second clip, missed out all my digs about hearts and the slating i gave the plastic pitch!
    BBC Bias😡😄

And they wonder why football in this country has been on the decline. No coverage of the LCF on terrestrial television yet England games are shown at every opportunity. Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    And they wonder why football in this country has been on the decline. No coverage of the LCF on terrestrial television yet England games are shown at every opportunity. Joke.
    Its not a joke, one company was willing to pay more for it than another, that is how the world works.

Football in Scotland has bigger problems than who broadcasts a cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Its not a joke, one company was willing to pay more for it than another, that is how the world works.

It is still a very important issue, kids know more about EPL than Scotland's league due to the 3 or more hours coverage on BBC over the course of the week. Something the Beeb pay through the nose for and the difference in quality between the productions is stark.

The difference would have been peanuts. We should use the cups to showcase Scottish football.

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The difference would have been peanuts. We should use the cups to showcase Scottish football.

Totally agree, the football suits chasing a bigger tv deal to the detriment of promoting the game here is a scandal, if it was Hibs in the final regardless of the result I’m sure we would all be well pi55ed off at having to wait an age to see the highlights

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Ideally yes, but the financial clout these companies like sky and BT have versus the paltry budget of the BBC is certainly not peanuts.

Cup finals should be on cooncil telly but money talks unfortunately.

Thank god it wasn't on then because all it showcased is how **** the refereeing is down here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    It is still a very important issue, kids know more about EPL than Scotland's league due to the 3 or more hours coverage on BBC over the course of the week. Something the Beeb pay through the nose for and the difference in quality between the productions is stark.
    Kids know more because the Premier league is full of bigger clubs with better players. I know more about the Premier league and I've hardly missed a Hibs game for 3 years. I couldn't care less about Scottish clubs outside of Hibs whereas the Premier league is full of teams I would watch play.

Thank god it wasn't on then because all it showcased is how **** the refereeing is down here.

Kids know more because the Premier league is full of bigger clubs with better players. I know more about the Premier league and I've hardly missed a Hibs game for 3 years. I couldn't care less about Scottish clubs outside of Hibs whereas the Premier league is full of teams I would watch play.
    I'm the opposite. No interest in the mercenaries of the EPL and it's over hype. Scottish football is way better than its given credit for and there are a number of clubs improving attendances and quality all the time. Considering the lack of money in Scottish football it's a really competitive league (out with celtic)
    It's time we started supporting our own game in the media and through supporters.

And I am sure the Italian, Brazilian, Argentinian leagues is full of players and some teams you would like to watch but know nothing about them as it is not pumped down your throat week in week out.

The Cash BBC spend on the EPL in comparison to Scottish and other English is a disgrace.

Personally I would rather watch St Johnstone v Hamilton than Stoke v WBA the EPL has about a 50/50 split of crap turgid games and some crackers.

The Liverpool v Man Utd game could get football stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    I'm the opposite. No interest in the mercenaries of the EPL and it's over hype. Scottish football is way better than its given credit for and there are a number of clubs improving attendances and quality all the time. Considering the lack of money in Scottish football it's a really competitive league (out with celtic)
    It's time we started supporting our own game in the media and through supporters.
    I'm the same. Not watched Match Of The Day for years and would rather watch a Scottish game on the tele than an English game. I was actually surprised to hear Bournemouth were in the Premiership. That's how out of touch with it I've been.

And I am sure the Italian, Brazilian, Argentinian leagues is full of players and some teams you would like to watch but know nothing about them as it is not pumped down your throat week in week out.

The Cash BBC spend on the EPL in comparison to Scottish and other English is a disgrace.

Personally I would rather watch St Johnstone v Hamilton than Stoke v WBA the EPL has about a 50/50 split of crap turgid games and some crackers.

The Liverpool v Man Utd game could get football stopped.
    I could quite easily watch those leagues if I want, I do watch plenty of Italian football.

Its not a disgrace because it is nothing personal, it is business. More people watch English football than Scottish football.

The Premier league has no more or less good/bad games than any other league. I've watched plenty of good Premier league games this season already. The Arsenal Leicester game on the first day was brilliant.

The anti premier league nonsense on here always makes me laugh. Just watch football and enjoy it, it isn't a dick measuring contest.

I could quite easily watch those leagues if I want, I do watch plenty of Italian football.

Its not a disgrace because it is nothing personal, it is business. More people watch English football than Scottish football.

The Premier league has no more or less good/bad games than any other league. I've watched plenty of good Premier league games this season already. The Arsenal Leicester game on the first day was brilliant.

The anti premier league nonsense on here always makes me laugh. Just watch football and enjoy it, it isn't a dick measuring contest.
    Obviously people watch more English football, there's more of it on the TV. The point is that maybe if there was more coverage of Scottish football more people would watch that too. And it is a disgrace, because obviously a conscious decision was made to cut Scottish football coverage. Darts gets more BBC coverage than Scottish football, are you honestly trying to say more people in Scotland will watch that rather than Scottish football? We're not trying to compete with England, but we still don't get a fair or proportional share of the coverage and haven't for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Ideally yes, but the financial clout these companies like sky and BT have versus the paltry budget of the BBC is certainly not peanuts.

Cup finals should be on cooncil telly but money talks unfortunately.
    The BBC budget is not paltry at all, yes it's hard to compete with Sky ect but their football budget is still decent.
    We have Gary Lineker on millions, the contract to show English Premiership highlights still costs millions and just how much money has been pumped into women's football down south the last few years?, we would be stunned to know.
    The real question here is just why so little of the money that is collected centrally is then redistributed back to BBC Scotland? Just why is our football budget peanuts when it needn't be?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    The BBC budget is not paltry at all, yes it's hard to compete with Sky ect but their football budget is still decent.
    We have Gary Lineker on millions, the contract to show English Premiership highlights still costs millions and just how much money has been pumped into women's football down south the last few years?, we would be stunned to know.
    The real question here is just why so little of the money that is collected centrally is then redistributed back to BBC Scotland? Just why is our football budget peanuts when it needn't be?
    It's pennies compared to the budget of sky and BT, so the BBC can't compete for games. It's not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    It's pennies compared to the budget of sky and BT, so the BBC can't compete for games. It's not rocket science.
    BBC can't compete to with Sky for EPL games however Gary's salary could buy several Scottish games. In the meantime the Beeb plough money in to the FA cup to games involving teams like Woking

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    BBC can't compete to with Sky for EPL games however Gary's salary could buy several Scottish games. In the meantime the Beeb plough money in to the FA cup to games involving teams like Woking
    Not really sure Woking is a good example here, the town is bigger than lots of towns that have football teams in Scotland, and with it being only 20 minutes from London,has a massive catchment area.

They actually have quite a good record over the years in the FA cup.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Not really sure Woking is a good example here, the town is bigger than lots of towns that have football teams in Scotland, and with it being only 20 minutes from London,has a massive catchment area.

They actually have quite a good record over the years in the FA cup.
    On the subject of he FA cup, who is interested in watching AFC Fylde v Wigan Athletic ? Not me, but the BBC are showing it on BBC 2 Scotland. I would rather be watching Celebrity Antiques Roadtrip that that, but there isn't a choice.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    On the subject of he FA cup, who is interested in watching AFC Fylde v Wigan Athletic ? Not me, but the BBC are showing it on BBC 2 Scotland. I would rather be watching Celebrity Antiques Roadtrip that that, but there isn't a choice.
    You can watch Celebrity Antiques Roadtrip on iPlayer if you're worried about missing out.