hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: boring?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtic will dominate Scottish football for the foreseeable future. Unless there is some kind of salary cap introduced to make the league more competitive then Scottish football will remain a laughing stock.
    We’ve seen the boost a club gets from the ability to win things but in Scotland that is going to become all the more infrequent as Celtic bring their CL revenue to bare on the domestic game. It’s a one horse race from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My problem isn’t that they’ll win the league every year. I don’t really care about that, I’ve not known any different in my life time. But every other team has always had a chance of winning the cups.. it’s now getting to the point though where nobody will have a chance of winning anything.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Looking around a lot of the European leagues the Scottish situation isn't that unique really. Juventus are aiming for 7 in a row in Italy. PSG had 5 in a row until they were stopped last year but look likely to walk the league this year. Benfica are aiming for 5 in a row and the last 16 titles have went to either them or Porto. Bayern Munich are aiming for 6 in a row and have won 7 of the last 10. Olympiacos have won 7 in a row and 10 of the 11 since the Super League was introduced. Only Leicester have broken the dominance of Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City in the last 13 season in England and one Atletico Madrid title is all that breaks the Real Madrid and Barcelona duopoly in Spain in the same timeframe
    Yes, it’s a Europe wide problem. The CL money has separated an elite group from the rest in every league in Europe.
    How long will fans continue to pay to watch a one horse race though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    So how do the SFA deal with Sparky for tying a celtc scarf to the goal post today, UEFA fined him for it, wonder if the Compliance Officer will have the balls to do anything about.

I'm guessing no.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It can't mean as much, when a team wins trophies almost every year, but nobody gets tired of winning. Celtic now have Rangers' trophy wins in their sights (115-103) and number of league titles (54-48) so every trophy is another step closer. That will certainly keep them motivated.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I don't have a problem with the Celtic fans who come from Glasgow, or the Sevco fans from that part of the world either .... how they behave yes, but not their right to support their clubs and revel when they win ... lucky for them that they were born in a part of the country with the two most powerful clubs .... not so much the Sevco fans at the moment right enough

But I cant believe there is any real pleasure to be had in watching their multi million pound team win game after game league after league and cup after cup against teams who haven't got a hope of competing with them ... look at us, we got all excited, not to mention surprised, when it looked like Hibs might spend £250,000 on a player this summer, Celtic have players worth 10 times that warming the bench and playing in the development league.

Apart from cup ties against clubs from the lower reaches of the Championship or below that I never turn up to watch Hibs absolutely expecting us to win and that makes it all the better when we do ..... where's the excitement heading to the ground, especially for a cup final, being 95% positive you will win and 99% positive the least you will get is a draw.

The Celtic fans will look at this thread and call it sour grapes and jealousy ... hell, they might even be right, but it doesn't make the theory any less valid that their experience of watching football lacks one of the main things that makes games worth watching and that's the possibility that you aren't going to win. That's great for a couple of seasons, but season after season after season ....... Boring, boring, boring

Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    Think we can safely add Man City to the boring list. They are the epitome of boring.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thought that would come as a bit of a shock to you PP.

Citeh have been superb so far this season, but it ain't over yet.

Peter is seething here.

Just confused guys. City might win a lot but boring they certainly aren’t.

Mind you, Spain were often described as “boringly brilliant” around 2012 so maybe that’s what he means. 🤔

Just confused guys. City might win a lot but boring they certainly aren’t.

Mind you, Spain were often described as “boringly brilliant” around 2012 so maybe that’s what he means. ��
    I certainly wouldn't claim City are boring at the moment; they have been superb to watch thus far. The adjective I would use is unimportant. A couple of billion quid spent, but nobody beyond a few thousand windae lickers in Stockport cares. It's so difficult for a club to gain traction when it's totally overshadowed by a neighbour.

The greatest Man City book ever : Poor Colin, he speaks for all of them.....

"Colin Shindler was dealt a cruel hand by Fate when he became a passionate Manchester City supporter. In this brilliant sporting autobiography he recalls the great characters of his youth, like his eccentric Uncle Laurence, as well as his professional heroes. Threaded through these sporting events is the author's own story, which touches on a universal nerve, growing up in a Jewish family, his childhodd destroyed by the sudden death of his mother and his slow emotional recovery through his love for Manchester City. It is a tale that reveals what it is like to be on the outside looking in, with his nose pressed up against the sweet shop window watching the United supporters take all the wine gums".
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 27-11-2017 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Said the same, not a bit bothered.

When they beat us in the 2013 SC final, we were walking up the road to our buses with some celtic fans walking beside us. They left before (or at very least JUST after) they lifted the cup. Was no big deal to them, just another trophy and up the road for a cup of tea.

whats the point?! that must be so dull
    We out sung them for the last 20 mins as well. Always remember getting back into central station after the game to find loads of them already there and thinking to myself, WTF how does that happen. No way could they have stayed to see their team lift the cup, they'd have still been at Hampden.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    5 cup ties from another treble. That’s the reality.
    Not if they draw us