hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard there was no bust up from a reliable source. Does this mean I'm automatically right also?
    yes.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    Stokes didn’t get the black eye from being out on the lash or being in bother from drink. It was genuinely accidental. However, the guy continues to accumulate off field problems. It was always going to be a risk - and sadly the gamble is looking less and less likely to pay off.

He did get the black eye when on the lash but it wasn't his fault by all accounts, problem is he's still going out on the lash all too often putting himself in these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    He did get the black eye when on the lash but it wasn't his fault by all accounts, problem is he's still going out on the lash all too often putting himself in these situations.
    He is entitled to some sort of life off the pitch mate...regardless of if this is true or not..some hibs fans are very over critical of Stokes imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts1875 View Post
    REALLY! I've been Hibs fan all my life, and season ticket holder for the last 10 years. Personally I don't appreciate your comment, but parking that for a minute, this is a Hibs discussion forum no? That's all I'm doing, putting what I've heard out there, if that makes me a YAM, I struggle to understand your rationale!
    I think suspicions are always raised when someone posts a rumour that’s potentially damaging to Hibs. I mean, why post stuff like this even if it turns out to be true?

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Because there are absolutely zero posts every week moaning about his "laziness" right enough. Give me a player with quality over someone who only stands out due to effort.
    Giving him a hard time as he sometimes looks a bit lazy is slightly different to stating he has been fighting with the manager. I think he looks lazy at times but he is a great footballer. I also think we look a better team without him sometimes, probably makes me a fantasist too.

Maybe there should have been a poll to find out who thinks a/ that there's been a fallout, or b/ it's a load of pish. To be fair, the OP wasn't making a statement as such, he was just passing on what he heard, and I don't think he was trying to s###stir either. Personally I think it is indeed pish, but unlike some others on here, I don't claim to be 'in the know.'

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    He is entitled to some sort of life off the pitch mate...regardless of if this is true or not..some hibs fans are very over critical of Stokes imo

i think one can have some sort of life off the pitch without being out on the lash much.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    i think one can have some sort of life off the pitch without being out on the lash much.
    And who says he's out on the lash constantly?? Apart from unsubstantiated rumour on here??

He really really didn’t.

Left by mutual consent!
    Slavers.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    Slavers.
    Rich coming from you 😁

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    yes.
    Source?

No one says they shouldn't go out and chill in their time off, maybe time to screw the nut and not go out getting lashed at every opportunity considering he's meant to be a professional sportsman, he has history of this.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Rich coming from you 😁
    You've got another 40 years of this

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberts1875 View Post
    REALLY! I've been Hibs fan all my life, and season ticket holder for the last 10 years. Personally I don't appreciate your comment, but parking that for a minute, this is a Hibs discussion forum no? That's all I'm doing, putting what I've heard out there, if that makes me a YAM, I struggle to understand your rationale!
    I take that back.

Your post was the wrong for me to read after another disappointment today. I was too quick off the mark.

Big enough here to say sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    You've got another 40 years of this
    At least you’ve gave us a warning!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    I take that back.

Your post was the wrong for me to read after another disappointment today. I was too quick off the mark.

No one says they shouldn't go out and chill in their time off, maybe time to screw the nut and not go out getting lashed at every opportunity considering he's meant to be a professional sportsman, he has history of this.
    Again I will.ask where is the evidence he's being going out on the lash?? Just coz some keep repeating it on here doesn't make it fact??

Do you have evidence or knowledge of this or are you just jumping on the .net bandwagon??

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Manager and player having a bust up. Hardly a first and I’d expect him back in the squad next week.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Again I will.ask where is the evidence he's being going out on the lash?? Just coz some keep repeating it on here doesn't make it fact??

Do you have evidence or knowledge of this or are you just jumping on the .net bandwagon??

He's currently laid out on my lounge floor surrounded by buckfast bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    He's currently laid out on my lounge floor surrounded by buckfast bottles.
    There u go then...he really is a Jakey 🤣🤣🤣

Coaching Staff
    Hopefully whatever the situation it resolves itself - big season for Stokes given his age and there won't be too many more big contracts in his career. Great player but I know he gives some staff at the club headaches at times with his immaturity. Needs to be careful and not bite the hand that feeds him.

I always see a wee positive from player / manager fall outs and that is it gives hungry players like Shaw and opportunity if he gets it and takes it Good thing about these kinds of incidents (at present) are the strong characters we have in the squad and the unity present. With players like McGregor, SDG, Fontaine, Bartley, Whittaker, etc. there is no danger this will manifest. That's why this isn't concerning me at all (to be honest).

I really wasn't expecting anyone to ask for pictures and written statements, lets just say he's seen on a very regular basis in the George St drinking establishments, remember I'm not the only person making this claim, a good few well known ITK posters say the same.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Source?
    King Dom/

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    I take that back.

that's OK pal, I get it, apology more than accepted

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    If this is true what a total bellend Stokesy has been. To treat someone in Lennon, who has done so much for his career, like this is a dick move.

There's no denying the boys talent, I just wish he could get the head down and prove all his doubters wrong as opposed to giving them ammunition.

I really, really hope this isn't true though.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Manager and player having a bust up. Hardly a first and I’d expect him back in the squad next week.
    Me too. I don’t doubt the story is true, but I doubt it will be a long term problem.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    If this is true what a total bellend Stokesy has been. To treat someone in Lennon, who has done so much for his career, like this is a dick move.

There's no denying the boys talent, I just wish he could get the head down and prove all his doubters wrong as opposed to giving them ammunition.

I really, really hope this isn't true though.
    I'm normally not one that holds much stock in rumours however it seems there are some long time posters on here giving it credence and if they turn out to be accurate then I'd be very disappointed in Stokesy and not the only one I'd imagine. He's signed a contract to be a 'professional' football player and as such should in no way be participating in alleged unauthorised drunken nights out or any other indulgence that would effect his professionalism or performance on the park. I'm hoping like many others that this is indeed simply a false rumour that's grown wings. Its certain to be confirmed or not in the coming days and weeks ahead.

Time to chill. On the pitch, we’re fine without the legend that is Mr Stokes but let’s see what transpires over the next few weeks or months.

No need for the OTT stuff like labelling him a waster, a jakey or a bellend, especially when nobody knows the facts. They’re all big boys and if there’s a problem it will be sorted one way or the other.

This is where Lennons man management will be tested. Does he try and offer advice and go the under his wing route or does he say enough is enough if you want back in the team sort yourself out say sorry to me and the team.

I like Stokesy I rate him as well and defended him many times on here. But this time he needs to get a grip of himself and be the player he can be. If he’s got issues off the field I hope he can get advice or help that can get him back on track.