hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCdeb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes he did and I was there lol God knows how I forgot that. I still don't think we threaten enough from set plays, though.
    McGinn is extremely wasteful from set pieces...it's infuriating at times...over hits countless corners and made a right hash of last min free kick today

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Our corners are brutal. We are playing well tho.

Lots of people saying we should have put them away with all our chances, is it just me who thinks we barely had any?

We may have had more possession but our back line look uncomfortable playing out, partly because Bartley (love him when we need him) doesn't need to be playing as he doesn't offer much in terms of passing and movement.

Up front we have some decent players in Boyle, Barker and Murray but they are anonymous for half the game (Barker and Murray more than Boyle tbh).

In short, I don't think we played well at all and although Hamilton played crap and scored with their only shot of the game I don't think we can really say we deserved to win it.

First Team Breakthrough
    I'm not buying that a point against Hamilton is a "good point", it's far from it.

Another chance this week to put a gap between ourselves and the teams around us but we blew it.

We played okay and were by far and away the better side but if you don't take your chances then you can have no complaints.

Didn't think it was a foul on Bartley personally, he was too soft. Ambrose should've done better and it was woeful from Ofir too.

Another frustrating day as our play merited the win, especially based on 1st half performance which was superb, making it all the more confusing as to why we changed shape at half time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -Jonesy- View Post
    39% possession, 0 corners, 1 shot at goal, on target and scored...
    Kick in the stanes like
    I vaguely remember a game at Easter Road on the telly (might have been Hamilton) where we lost 1-2 and the opposition had one shot on target.

The second goal was an OG.

Standard.

J

Dominating all stats except goals scored has been a Hibs trait since Stubbs' time,. How today can be rated as "unbelievable" escapes me. What also escapes me is how we've not got more ruthless but that's the wonderful conundrum that is Hibernian Football Club.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Lots of people saying we should have put them away with all our chances, is it just me who thinks we barely had any?

We may have had more possession but our back line look uncomfortable playing out, partly because Bartley (love him when we need him) doesn't need to be playing as he doesn't offer much in terms of passing and movement.

Up front we have some decent players in Boyle, Barker and Murray but they are anonymous for half the game (Barker and Murray more than Boyle tbh).

In short, I don't think we played well at all and although Hamilton played crap and scored with their only shot of the game I don't think we can really say we deserved to win it.
    We had the Murray header from Barker cross, Boyle shot straight at the keeper and the Hanlon header from the corner off the top of my head that could all have been goals. They genuinely had one shot on target and scored. So yes, I do think we should have put them away with our chances. Totally agree about Murray and Barker being posted anonymous for far too much in a 90 minute period though.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I would be a lot more worried if we're not making any of the chances we are missing. Not great but it could be a damn sight worse

Were struggling against less than average teams, we show up for the big games, theres definitely a problem somewhere, if u think because were 3rd everythings rosy then yir a complete erse that has blinkers on, not aimed at anyone in particular.
    If you cant pulll yir socks up for these games then yir not good enough. I always thought that we had the team to compete with anyone but again I will say we have a team either of lazy *******s or a manager that cant get the best out of a decent set of players, mibbe I am wrong who knows

Oh and by the way, a big f,n well done tae Scotland today, proud man, f,n proud
    Last edited by Phil MaGlass; 25-11-2017 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCdeb View Post
    Our play from set pieces is poor. I can't remember the last time we scored from a corner, Daz vs QoS last season?
    It's been said numerous times but we need more goals from midfield.
    that in itself is one of our main problems. to get 11 corners, against their 0 corners tells us that we don't have the "nonce" to get something from those situations. I was very happy yet frustrated with our outfield play but the corner thing is annoying.I was perplexed though, with SJM 's late free kick in a scoring position. the wall was huge, and this was not helped by some silly movement by our own players who decided to add 3 to the wall !! .

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    that in itself is one of our main problems. to get 11 corners, against their 0 corners tells us that we don't have the "nonce" to get something from those situations. I was very happy yet frustrated with our outfield play but the corner thing is annoying.I was perplexed though, with SJM 's late free kick in a scoring position. the wall was huge, and this was not helped by some silly movement by our own players who decided to add 3 to the wall !! .
    While I share your frustration about wasted set piece opportunities I think it's worth remembering corner stats can often be a bit misleading. This game is the ultimate exhibit of that:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30559314

Sevco got 8 corners. We got none but won 4 nil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    While I share your frustration about wasted set piece opportunities I think it's worth remembering corner stats can often be a bit misleading. This game is the ultimate exhibit of that:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30559314

Sevco got 8 corners. We got none but won 4 nil.
    Corners, Hibs, Sevco. Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Corners, Hibs, Sevco. Thanks mate.
    There's the reason that stat has stuck in my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    There's the reason that stat has stuck in my mind
    Sweet dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Sweet dreams.
    Eh.... cheers...

You too

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    I’ve not read any of the above’ but I thought big Marv was fouled just before they scored 😡 but my biggest bug barer is why do we take our foot off the peddle when we’re 1 nil up grrrrrrrr ITS NOT OVER TILL ITS BLOODY OVER !!! Sorry for the rant I’m half pissed !! 😡

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's not even close to unbelievable. I can think of 10 games off the top of my head in the last 4 years that have followed a similar pattern, with a bit effort I could probably get a fair few more as well.

Games that end like todays are an ongoing issue that needs resolved.
    Absolutely ..... We cant keep having the lions share of possession the most shots and the most corners in 70% of our games and come away with draws and defeats. In truth our away form has been excellent, unbeaten away at this point of the season is good in anyone's book, if we were winning our home games instead of drawing and losing them we would be having a cracking season.

For all that today was a disappointing result considering we could and should have won it, its still an away point which is never bad ... its our home form that's the problem.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Should have won at a jog; not clinical/ruthless enough once again. Definitely two points dropped and another chance to make a real claim for second goes begging. It's frustrating.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

A year ago we could have hardly believed how well we would do in the SPL, fair enough we could be winning more but the manner in which we play and dominate games away from home is astounding. Gone are the days of going to the likes of Hamilton and not turning up is a sign of huge progress.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    We need Henderson to deliver........
    We need players to aggressively attack the ball as well ....I dont understand why professional footballers cant work on putting good quality crosses into the box ?? Same as finishing chances, back at the chances to goal ratio being about 1 ; 7 , same as its been for past 3 years !! nowhere near good enough, accepting its ok because we are in a decent league position, reflects standards and expectations ..!!!

Yeah I'm the same, very happy with our overall play because we dominate most games but I feel our set plays are wasted all too frequently. Hoping the Kris Commons rumours are true for that reason alone.

Left by mutual consent!
    I could take 1 or 2 of these results as they will always come up every now or then but it's a big issue if it's happening almost week in week out.

For where we should be as a club with our resources and size we should never accept a point away to Hamilton or be coming out with nonsense like "any point away from home is a bonus".

Happy to see where we are in the table but we should be clear in 2nd.

I'm quite glad there are no nonces in the Hibs team.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I'm quite glad there are no nonces in the Hibs team.

I'm glad you had the nous to post that.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!