hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't at yesterday's game but can't help thinking about the fixture at ER when Hamilton looked a very impressive football team. There wasn't much evidence of bully boy tactics that day. Looks like they've changed their approach!
    Yes, I remember saying that they deserved their win at ER and they were not bad that day, re tackling from what I remember but they really were pretty brutal yesterday.
    Last edited by andybev1; 26-11-2017 at 01:48 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I wonder if there are stats for the most fouled player in the league? If there are I’m pretty sure McGinn would be top.The foul at the end was horrendous but at least the perpetrator got the worst of it.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Just watched the highlights. What about the blatant foul on Marv just before their goal? Jeez.. the refereeing standard in our game is at an all-time low. Funny how we seem to be on the sticky end of most of the bad decisions.

Marv should have kept playing rather than stopping to appeal IMO. It was maybe a foul but it's a physical game and Marv just needs to get on with it and let the ref decide what to do. The rest of our players lost a bit of concentration as a result I think which was the main reason we conceded.

Stonewall penalty when McGeuoch was brought down though I thought.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andybev1 View Post
    Yes, I remember saying that they deserved their win at ER and they were not bad that day, re tackling from what I remember but they really were pretty brutal yesterday.
    Yep they have a few thugs the guy McKinnon is the worst. In the little bit I seen on alba he committed a blatant bookable foul which the ref didnt book him for then a miniute later took out SJM and got a booking. If they have had done how job first time he wouldnt have commited the second foul and would probably have ensured a better game.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Having now seen the highlights I can't help but feel a bit hard done by. A clear block on Marv by Imrie who didnt even collect the ball? It was Templeton that took it and crossed it. Lovely goal to be fair to Accies but the ref should be seeing that.

And as Thommo said on Sportscene if the fould on Mcgeouch was anywhere else on the park its a free kick - but somehow because it was in the box it's not?

Lennon is right to have a go at referees because if managers don't then who will? Who is accountable for them being incompetent? I do feel sorry for the job referees have to do at times and feel that all we can do is help them as much as possible with technology BUT when it comes down to blatantly ***** refereeing my patience runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Having now seen the highlights I can't help but feel a bit hard done by. A clear block on Marv by Imrie who didnt even collect the ball? It was Templeton that took it and crossed it. Lovely goal to be fair to Accies but the ref should be seeing that.

And as Thommo said on Sportscene if the fould on Mcgeouch was anywhere else on the park its a free kick - but somehow because it was in the box it's not?

Lennon is right to have a go at referees because if managers don't then who will? Who is accountable for them being incompetent? I do feel sorry for the job referees have to do at times and feel that all we can do is help them as much as possible with technology BUT when it comes down to blatantly ***** refereeing my patience runs out.
    I am happy enough with progress made but our Manager has made it clear we could and should of had more points on the Board and had we dine so we would be up therein second place
    Its not Ll down to poor refereeing and he will know that better than anyone
    The Business we do or don't do will partly determine where we finish
    This squad has shown its capable of finishing in the top six but unless we start winning these games we have been unlucky to draw then its going to be a fight to hang on to third place
    If he can get Swanson fit and find a place in the team for him that allows him to score like he did at St Johnstone that would be a Start and having a fully fit motivated McGregor will also help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    Marv should have kept playing rather than stopping to appeal IMO. It was maybe a foul but it's a physical game and Marv just needs to get on with it and let the ref decide what to do. The rest of our players lost a bit of concentration as a result I think which was the main reason we conceded.

Stonewall penalty when McGeuoch was brought down though I thought.
    Bartley had no chance of getting involved in the next phase of play after he was barged off the ball ... the 'challenge' on him took him away from the ball and Imrie continued to shove him away from the play after the initial challenge .... if you have BBC i player you can replay the incident again and you will see what I mean.

I agree players should always play to the whistle though and Hanlon and Ambrose could have been quicker to cover the scorer. That doesn't excuse the ref though, it was a blatant foul and he should have given it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Bartley had no chance of getting involved in the next phase of play after he was barged off the ball ... the 'challenge' on him took him away from the ball and Imrie continued to shove him away from the play after the initial challenge .... if you have BBC i player you can replay the incident again and you will see what I mean.

I agree players should always play to the whistle though and Hanlon and Ambrose could have been quicker to cover the scorer. That doesn't excuse the ref though, it was a blatant foul and he should have given it.

thought it would have been a bit soft tbh....would have been frustrated had it be called against us...

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Every game where we drop points are disappointing games, and if we'd dropped those points last season against Morton and St Mirren, i'd be all over it criticising the team.

We are back up after 3 years of football in amongst the dross, the crap, the rubbish who mostly try and stifle us and park the bus.

This season we are back with the bigger sides, teams who are capable of beating each other on any given week.

Every team in this league have a quality player or two who have been in this division for a while, and know the tricks of the trade in staying in this league and how to get points against teams.

I am disappointed we lost last week, and dropped 2 points yesterday, but in the grand scheme of things i am over the moon at how we have coped, how we have recruited, and how we are progressing as a team.

The time to slate the club/team is when we are pish and fighting relegation or camped in the bottom half of the league, not when we are at last punching our weight, and going in the right direction for a bloody change.

We are not Celtic, we wont win every game, but we sure as hell are trying to.
    Bang on ...... There are only three teams in this league at the moment who are consistent. Celtic ( obviously ) Aberdeen and Partick Thistle who are in a bit of a slump. But even Aberdeen aren't guaranteed a win every Saturday and Thistle are still capable of picking up points on their day.

Look at Dundee .. bottom of the league when they played us, but they clearly didn't merit that position when you saw how they were capable of playing.

You cant win sometimes ..... Folk were getting bored of watching teams come to Easter Road and parking the bus and if anything was going to stop folk coming back to ER for a 4th season in the Championship it was that. Now we are in the top league and we are playing teams more willing, and more pertinently able, to attack us home and away and folk are getting the jitters because these better and more savvy teams are proving capable of making and taking their chances. Shock horror eh?

Its quite amusing that one of the teams we were looking forward to taking on on a regular basis when we returned to the Premiership was Aberdeen and they played more like a Championship side visiting ER than anybody has this season, even the Yams were more attack minded at ER ... less physical too.

Left by mutual consent!
    A very hard run of games coming up and should have won by all accounts on Saturday which makes it even more disappointing. Partick is a must win going into December (yes I know it's on the 2nd)

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    A very hard run of games coming up and should have won by all accounts on Saturday which makes it even more disappointing. Partick is a must win going into December (yes I know it's on the 2nd)
    It's not a must win at all have a word. It's a would love to win yes and I'm sure we will give it our best but it is in no way a must win match at this stage of season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    It's not a must win at all have a word. It's a would love to win yes and I'm sure we will give it our best but it is in no way a must win match at this stage of season

For me we need the 3 points going into the run of games we have coming up if our aspirations are to be in the top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    As you say we have to look at Partick as a must win .... our December programme is horrendous

Partick ( A ) ..... Our best chance of 3 points, we simply must take it.

Celtic ( H ) .... Lets not kid ourselves, a point would be a terrific result.

The Rangers ( H ) .... Our 3rd best chance of 3 points, but by then they may have found a competent manager and be on a new manager bounce, so its not a gimmie.

Aberdeen ( A ) .... The 2nd toughest away game in the league, once again a point would be a more than acceptable outcome.

Ross County ( H ) ..... We have to look at this as our equal 2nd best chance of 3 points, though by the looks of the way they played at the PBS they are a stuffy bunch and dangerous on the break.

Hearts ( A ) ..... On paper we are way capable of beating them, but there's no such thing as a certainty in a derby especially away from home.

Kilmarnock ( H ) .... Our equal 2nd best chance of 3 points, their initial upturn on Clark's arrival seems to have dimmed somewhat.

Seven fixtures in a month is just mental ... especially the most expensive month of the year. The SPFL want shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    As you say we have to look at Partick as a must win .... our December programme is horrendous

Partick ( A ) ..... Our best chance of 3 points, we simply must take it.

Celtic ( H ) .... Lets not kid ourselves, a point would be a terrific result.

The Rangers ( H ) .... Our 3rd best chance of 3 points, but by then they may have found a competent manager and be on a new manager bounce, so its not a gimmie.

Aberdeen ( A ) .... The 2nd toughest away game in the league, once again a point would be a more than acceptable outcome.

Ross County ( H ) ..... We have to look at this as our equal 2nd best chance of 3 points, though by the looks of the way they played at the PBS they are a stuffy bunch and dangerous on the break.

Hearts ( A ) ..... On paper we are way capable of beating them, but there's no such thing as a certainty in a derby especially away from home.

Kilmarnock ( H ) .... Our equal 2nd best chance of 3 points, their initial upturn on Clark's arrival seems to have dimmed somewhat.

Seven fixtures in a month is just mental ... especially the most expensive month of the year. The SPFL want shooting.
    Crazy to have so many fixtures at a time when most people are at their most hard up...but then nothing shocks us anymore with the SPFL really

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Just seen hamiltons goal...have to point the finger at the goalie there? How's he getting chipped from a header from basically the edge of the box