hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Duncan Watmore

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

Duncan Watmore

I see he has a cruciate ligament injury on the same knee he did last year. Anyone know if it’s the same knee the thugs up here clobbered?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Don't know about the same knee, but I'm pretty sure the injury he got with us was different to the one he got last year that kept him out for so long.

This is a recurrence of last year's injury, and a second repair carries a pretty poor prognosis so it doesn't look good for him.

A real shame for the lad. I went to see Sunderland a few weeks ago and he was starting his first game since coming back from injury. He looked like he was the only one that actually wanted to be there.

On the subject of Sunderland - did anyone see the highlights of their game with Millwall at the weekend? Quite the goalkeeping masterclass going on from both goalkeepers there.

Last edited by Smartie; 21-11-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Same injury as last season apparently. Sad news. I thought he was an excellent prospect but never recovered from injury against Raith Rovers when he was with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know about the same knee, but I'm pretty sure the injury he got with us was different to the one he got last year that kept him out for so long.

This is a recurrence of last year's injury, and a second repair carries a pretty poor prognosis so it doesn't look good for him.

A real shame for the lad. I went to see Sunderland a few weeks ago and he was starting his first game since coming back from injury. He looked like he was the only one that actually wanted to be there.

On the subject of Sunderland - did anyone see the highlights of their game with Millwall at the weekend? Quite the goalkeeping masterclass going on from both goalkeepers there.

I did see the highlights. Four absolute howlers with each one worse than the one before. Zibi against hertz howlers springs to mind.

If ever a game was fixed that’s it. You don’t make that many mistakes in one game, and with both keepers doing it it’s clear as day they chucked them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    Same injury as last season apparently. Sad news. I thought he was an excellent prospect but never recovered from injury against Raith Rovers when he was with us.
    Sad news. I thought he looked decent in a bad Sunderland team before his first injury.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

Like Tamig, my first thoughts were aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh Zibi.