hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    @hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have 2 Directors who are remunerated (CEO and FD)?

Highest paid Director got £117,000 in the 12 months, this compares to £134,317 in the 11 months to June 2016. This seems to represent approximately 20% cut?

I may be talking pants (is that a technical accountancy term BTW?) but surely that can't be right CWG or CG?
    You should maybe clarify the two remunerated directors, I take it FD is Financial Director as opposed to Frank Dougan!!!!!!

Can imagine the uproar if one of the fans reps was getting paid.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    She's not charging them anything until May 2018 at the earliest.

There is mention of an "arrangement fee" of £22k per annum. It's not clear whether she is getting this every year, or if she had £110k at the outset, and it's being written off over 5 years.
    How much will she be charging them from May next year or are you not privy to that information?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    We have 2 Directors who are remunerated (CEO and FD)?

Highest paid Director got £117,000 in the 12 months, this compares to £134,317 in the 11 months to June 2016. This seems to represent approximately 20% cut?

I may be talking pants (is that a technical accountancy term BTW?) but surely that can't be right CWG or CG?
    Maybe the difference was bonus related e.g winning the cup?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    How much will she be charging them from May next year or are you not privy to that information?
    It's not mentioned in the accounts. I would expect it to revert to the original rate (be it 6%, or base plus x, I'm not sure). But their finances being what they are, she may waive it for longer.

Or increase it to 20%.....
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 23-11-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Still can't believe we sold Cummings so cheaply, really shot ourselves in the foot
    Part of the price of relegation imo. Had he been doing the business in the premier league we would have got more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Part of the price of relegation imo. Had he been doing the business in the premier league we would have got more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much did we get?

The accounts (that I've not seen) will only show what money we got for him in that financial year. There could perhaps be a further payment in the next financial year and/or a % of future fees, a buy back fee or other such add ons.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    The accounts (that I've not seen) will only show what money we got for him in that financial year. There could perhaps be a further payment in the next financial year and/or a % of future fees, a buy back fee or other such add ons.
    which is the point I am trying to make, nobody on here knows what he was sold for and the ins and outs of the deal.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    Money that we have invoiced NF for. As discussed above, it looks as if we didn't receive it until after the year-end.

However, your point stands. It's not clear whether the (apparent) £500k is the first instalment of a larger fee. For example, £1.5m over 3 years would be an excellent fee, £1m over 2 not so much (but still good IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    6. Property income.

I think we lease the unused parts of East Mains for agricultural purposes.
    Is that STF and RP's housing pension pot?

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    A lot of guessing and speculation about the accounts. Surely they could be a bit more transparent.
    I've been saying that to them for years but I don't see it changing while RP is there. It would knock a lot of the lies and misinformation that some like to spread on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by anewlove View Post
    I was at an event on Tuesday night - an audience with Leeann Dempster - and she advised that had we not been promoted last season she would have resigned her position. A failure to gain promotion in her three years would have been an "embarrassment".

FWIW she also said that ticket sales make up a third of Hibernian's income.
    Whatever we are paying LD she is worth every penny. I could understand why she might look upon failure to go up last season as her responsibility and think about leaving, but IMO its the CEO's job, along with the board and owners, to give the club's manager the tools to do the job, which they have clearly done since LD became CEO ....... I would have been more inclined to be looking for the manager to take responsibility if we couldn't have got a premier league squad out of a championship without Sevco or Hearts, especially one as experienced as the board pushed the boat out to obtain.

Our failure to make a profit in the last financial year is hardly a surprise when you consider the funds we didn't have access to .. no parachute payment, rubbish prize money, pitiful away supports, little or nothing from UEFA, getting less from sponsorship deals because we had less TV exposure in the lower league, etc, etc. ..... take all that into account and we haven't done too badly overall.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    You should maybe clarify the two remunerated directors, I take it FD is Financial Director as opposed to Frank Dougan!!!!!!

Can imagine the uproar if one of the fans reps was getting paid.
    I can EXCLUSIVELY reveal that I was referring to the FD not our FD 😀

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Whatever we are paying LD she is worth every penny. I could understand why she might look upon failure to go up last season as her responsibility and think about leaving, but IMO its the CEO's job, along with the board and owners, to give the club's manager the tools to do the job, which they have clearly done since LD became CEO ....... I would have been more inclined to be looking for the manager to take responsibility if we couldn't have got a premier league squad out of a championship without Sevco or Hearts, especially one as experienced as the board pushed the boat out to obtain.

Our failure to make a profit in the last financial year is hardly a surprise when you consider the funds we didn't have access to .. no parachute payment, rubbish prize money, pitiful away supports, little or nothing from UEFA, getting less from sponsorship deals because we had less TV exposure in the lower league, etc, etc. ..... take all that into account and we haven't done too badly overall.
    Exactly. Clubs in the spl are losing more than we lost in the three years in the championship in one season. The difference in money between the two leagues is enormous. We got under half a million for winning the championship while the bottom team in the premiership gets double that. If we finish fifth this season we will receive £1.5m. Plus of course more tv money and sponsorship. This seasons figures should be very interesting.