hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hibs Accounts for Last Season Post Loss of nearly £300 000

Some were predicting another small Profit but be interest to hear from those with Financial credentials once Full Report is available
    Includes improved Advance Season Ticket Sales and Cummings Transfer fee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    It won't include this season's ST sales.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It won't include this season's ST sales.

Turnover rose to 7 . 7 Million which seems impressive to me

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Where are these figures available to see?

Can’t really understand how we’ve made a loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Where are these figures available to see?
    Article in the feed Hibs news 24 /7 from article in Evening News Shareholders should get info through post

What were our losses the previous couple of seasons? With the huge crowds and profits from cup final merch I'd have assumed we'd have been well in profit last year..

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    What were our losses the previous couple of seasons? With the huge crowds and profits from cup final merch I'd have assumed we'd have been well in profit last year..
    We made a profit last year of around £200,000 i think it was but losses the two seasons before that i think

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    There was no parachute payment that season, unlike the previous 2. And only 1 cup run. No league games against Rangers.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Some were predicting another small Profit but be interest to hear from those with Financial credentials once Full Report is available
    Includes improved Advance Season Ticket Sales and Cummings Transfer fee

Hibs changed financial year to 1st July to June 30th so not sure Cummings fee would be included.

Can't remember actual date.

Hibs Accounts for Last Season Post Loss of nearly £300 000

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Hibs changed financial year to 1st July to June 30th so not sure Cummings fee would be included.

Can't remember actual date.
    The Evening News Article states it does unless i am misreading it

Just checked again and its not clear Talks about Cummings leaving bring balanced by some familiar faces returning
    We also had a cash balance at the end if May of 3 .5 Million Up a Million on last time

Last edited by Ronniekirk; 20-11-2017 at 07:25 AM.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    What we need is an anonymous benefactor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    The Evening News Article states it does unless i am misreading it

Just checked again and its not clear Talks about Cummings leaving bring balanced by some familiar faces returning
    We also had a cash balance at the end if May of 3 .5 Million Up a Million on last time

JC signed for NF on 17th June, so the money from his sale will be in these accounts. It won't be in turnover, and whether the loss figure quoted is before or after that remains to be seen. I'd rather wait for the actual accounts than rely on the EEN

The increased cash balance reflects the advanced ST sales, but, again, that won't be included in the turnover or loss figures.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Ann who?

@hibs.net private member
    Turnover of £7.7 million whilst playing in the championship is incredible mostly due to us the fans backing the club.

Hearts turnover was £11.3 million and I think Aberdeen were roughly the same. Playing in the SPL is worth £1.5-£2 million a year and if you add UEFA solidarity payments which the clubs received from Celtic's champions league appearances then we are not far off. I read Hearts accounts and they received over £2 million from UEFA.

If we hold on to third and qualify for Europe, add in possible fees for McGinn etc and we are in a very healthy position without the need of mystery benefactors.

An an amazing time to be a Hibby and all positive going forward GGTH

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post

We have a benefactor, he isn't anonymous and he's committed to both the club and the community. Which is why we aren't the Edinburgh team known as the Poppy Thieves.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Comparing our small loss with the Yams slight gain is a bit misleading.

Our accounts would include a figure of around £ 600,000 for depreciation of our infrastructure. Across town there would be no such debit as there place depreciated a long time ago.

They also received a far greater league payment than us. Hopefully that position will be reversed this season.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Turnover of £7.7 million whilst playing in the championship is incredible mostly due to us the fans backing the club.

Hearts turnover was £11.3 million and I think Aberdeen were roughly the same. Playing in the SPL is worth £1.5-£2 million a year and if you add UEFA solidarity payments which the clubs received from Celtic's champions league appearances then we are not far off. I read Hearts accounts and they received over £2 million from UEFA.

If we hold on to third and qualify for Europe, add in possible fees for McGinn etc and we are in a very healthy position without the need of mystery benefactors.

An an amazing time to be a Hibby and all positive going forward GGTH

There's also £1.5m from FOH toward working capital in their accounts (I'd imagine), though we have to wait and see if the share/HSL cash is included in ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    There's also £1.5m from FOH toward working capital in their accounts (I'd imagine), though we have to wait and see if the share/HSL cash is included in ours.
    The amounts from FOH and HSL don't affect the profit/loss figures. HoMFC's anonymous donation does, and without it they made a loss of £221k after player sales of £214k. If our loss is after the sale of JC it's actually a bit concerning depending on how much we got from that sale.

As an aside, Hearts continue to take money from their charity - nearly 22k this time.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Thankfully we are now out of the Championship.

We can carry this loss as a one-off but couldn't continue like that. As said above though, revenue will be significantly higher this season, not least because so many of us are backing the team.

We had a small profit the previous year and I can't remember what it was the year before. Overall we've probably done okay for spending 3 years in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    If our loss is after the sale of JC it's actually a bit concerning depending on how much we got from that sale.
    I wonder if the amount will be obvious in the accounts. The rumoured figure is around £500k.

Once they drop through the letterbox I'll see if I can scan them in and upload them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    FOH money isn't included in their turnover-dunno why. I took a screenshot just now but I amn't allowed to post attachments. I think they show the FOH as a sort of savings scheme without going straight into the club.

Gate receipts £4.296
    sponsorship £826
    Broadcasting rights £244
    commercial £2.672
    uefa £2.578
    Other income £639

they obviously got pumped out of Europe early but still it's a hefty payment from UEFA.

Also shows how bad the SPFL's TV deal is. £244k a year. Clubs in England get that a week.

But it does show we should get money from UEFA next year regardless of if we qualify or not-I think we will though, the extra money from competing in SPFL and tv money although it isn't much. Last year the team finishing 6th got £1.3 million. Third is closer to £2 million and Europe. Third could bring in £4 million alone.

The headline figure of a small loss isn't that important though. There are hundreds of factors which could give you a profit or loss either way but the most important thing is that the turnover is healthy, cash at bank is very strong and there is scope for the turnover to increase massively.

I'd think £11-12 million next year without any transfer fees. Add on £3-5 million for McGinn and we are in a very enviable position with no external debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    We had a small profit the previous year and I can't remember what it was the year before. Overall we've probably done okay for spending 3 years in the Championship.
    Wonder what the total cost of our three years in the championship was? Must be massive.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    FOH money isn't included in their turnover-dunno why. I took a screenshot just now but I amn't allowed to post attachments. I think they show the FOH as a sort of savings scheme without going straight into the club.

Gate receipts £4.296
    sponsorship £826
    Broadcasting rights £244
    commercial £2.672
    uefa £2.578
    Other income £639

they obviously got pumped out of Europe early but still it's a hefty payment from UEFA.

Also shows how bad the SPFL's TV deal is. £244k a year. Clubs in England get that a week.

But it does show we should get money from UEFA next year regardless of if we qualify or not-I think we will though, the extra money from competing in SPFL and tv money although it isn't much. Last year the team finishing 6th got £1.3 million. Third is closer to £2 million and Europe. Third could bring in £4 million alone.

The headline figure of a small loss isn't that important though. There are hundreds of factors which could give you a profit or loss either way but the most important thing is that the turnover is healthy, cash at bank is very strong and there is scope for the turnover to increase massively.

I'd think £11-12 million next year without any transfer fees. Add on £3-5 million for McGinn and we are in a very enviable position with no external debt.
    TV deal is a joke, thanks Doncaster

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I wonder if the amount will be obvious in the accounts. The rumoured figure is around £500k.

Once they drop through the letterbox I'll see if I can scan them in and upload them.
    The bit to look at is "gain on intangible assets".

We write off the signing-fees over the length of the player's contract. So, the "gain" is the amount received less the signing-on fee.

Was JC the only player we sold that season? If so, we will be able to deduce the minimum amount we got for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

It should be unless we sold anyone else between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2017. I assume the compo for Stubbs was in the 2016 accounts - they show a gain of £332k on 'player' sales and a £150k operating loss.

Hearts have actually made their accounts available on their website - credit to them for that.

It should be unless we sold anyone else between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2017. I assume the compo for Stubbs was in the 2016 accounts - they show a gain of £332k on 'player' sales and a £150k operating loss.

Hearts have actually made their accounts available on their website - credit to them for that.
    So have we now.

I'll race you

Edit... no we haven't, it's just Rod's covering letter.

This bit suggests the loss was after the JC sale??

Record attendances at Easter Road Stadium allied with another Scottish Cup semi-final tie and player trading at the end of the Season resulted in a loss for the financial year of £277k, some way short of our financial target which is to at least break even.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 20-11-2017 at 10:00 AM.

The amounts from FOH and HSL don't affect the profit/loss figures. HoMFC's anonymous donation does, and without it they made a loss of £221k after player sales of £214k. If our loss is after the sale of JC it's actually a bit concerning depending on how much we got from that sale.

As an aside, Hearts continue to take money from their charity - nearly 22k this time.
    That's a bit of a coincidence is it not, when compared to their loan fee mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    So have we now.

I'll race you

Edit... no we haven't, it's just Rod's covering letter.

This bit suggests the loss was after the JC sale??

Record attendances at Easter Road Stadium allied with another Scottish Cup semi-final tie and player trading at the end of the Season resulted in a loss for the financial year of £277k, some way short of our financial target which is to at least break even.
    Yep, I see the statement's on the website now, but the accounts aren't. I agree about the loss being after the sale of JC - I suppose when you consider the operating loss of £150k last year was after the cup win and League Cup final a large loss this time is probably not that surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    That's a bit of a coincidence is it not, when compared to their loan fee mentioned earlier.
    I don't think there's a connection but I do wonder how a self-proclaimed community club can justify charging its own charity £22k.