Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Stephen hendry??

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;5225585]
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So do you suggest we wait until its too late and we are playing catch up again?

We have our foot on their throats on the park just now, its time to press down hard

Sicken them once and for all and watch the d/d's dry up whilst we push on[/QUOTE

I think they were in a unique situation and their fans have had an unbelievable response to be fair.

I don't see their FOH income being sustained at current levels for more than another few years and I don't really see the donations between both supports becoming a big deciding factor in performance on the park.

I can totally see your argument but there are 2 groups of Hibs fans that prevent us achieving your goals. I'm in the first group - people that buy STs and merchandise and generally think we're spending enough on our football team. Then you have the 2nd group - fans who lack awareness of HSL and have never fully understood the workings or the objectives.
    Thanks for your reply

The first group you have quoted is absolutely fair enough.

My issue has always been that HSL haven't done enough to engage with anyone whether current contributors or not

We have 13,000 season ticket holders now, if we lop off an arbitrary 3000 to cover children and folk not able / willing to contribute that gives us 10,000 people theoretically capable of contributing monthly

If each of them paid £10 per month that is £1.2m per annum

or if only 5000 contributed and paid £5 per week its the same

That doesn't make any allowances for walk up fans or supporters that don't go for various other reasons.

I get completely that the gunts had their Administration event to galvanise them, we had our Scottish Cup Win and decided not to promote HSL on the back of it as folk had had enough expense, I mean WTF was that about?

If I had received an invite and thought (reasonably) that I had spent enough I would have blanked it.

In my state of euphoria I would have signed up for anything though, you can always cancel these things later on if need be.

The time to attack is when you are on top, we have a massive amount of goodwill around the club at present, probably the best in my lifetime but it wont last forever.

My concern is that we are wasting that opportunity by our intransigence and lack of engagement by HSL

[QUOTE=BSEJVT;5225693]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

Thanks for your reply

My issue has always been that HSL haven't done enough to engage with anyone whether current contributors or not

We have 13,000 season ticket holders now, if we lop off an arbitrary 3000 to cover children and folk not able / willing to contribute that gives us 10,000 people theoretically capable of contributing monthly

That doesn't make any allowances for walk up fans or supporters that don't go for various other reasons.

I get completely that the gunts had their Administration event to galvanise them, we had our Scottish Cup Win and decided not to promote HSL on the back of it as folk had had enough expense, I mean WTF was that about?

If I had received an invite and thought (reasonably) that I had spent enough I would have blanked it.

In my state of euphoria I would have signed up for anything though, you can always cancel these things later on if need be.

The time to attack is when you are on top, we have a massive amount of goodwill around the club at present, probably the best in my lifetime but it wont last forever.

My concern is that we are wasting that opportunity by our intransigence and lack of engagement by HSL
    I think you're right that the opportunity is not being maximised for whatever reason.

Not sure what those in charge of HSL do to measure their own performance. How do you go about bringing change there?

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=BSEJVT;5225693]

Thanks for your reply

Spot on!

Apart from here and even now as a walk up, no one has ever canvassed me from HSL otherwise I may have signed up.
    Last edited by MrSmith; 21-11-2017 at 08:34 AM.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...-ready-7938322

This piece suggests the £ 2.5 million was put in by anonymous benefactors, - plural.

Do we know if it was from one source or several ?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

This piece suggests the £ 2.5 million was put in by anonymous benefactors, - plural.

The accounts use the singular "donation" three times.

(Disclaimer.. maybe her proof-reader wasn't working that day.... or was )

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    They're short of other peoples cash while they wait on grants. Still got plenty money to chuck around on horses and other hobbies.
    These sort of goings on give me the boak. A very Hearts-like partnership.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    don't see what the big deal is to be honest.

If (when!) I win a ridiculous amount of money on the euro Millions I will definitely be giving a chunk to the club.

Anonymously.

might see me in Hospitality before every home game though...
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    They sold a Turner for £30m. a few years ago.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...e-9901511.html

It also crossed my mind that HMFC's use of the Rosebery colours for their away strip might have been a part of a deal. This is from 2016:-

The club is delighted that the longstanding support of the Rosebery dynasty has been assured as the club continues its remarkable journey. Son of the current the Earl of Rosebery, Lord Dalmeny is a keen Hearts fan and his son, Caspian Primrose proved to be a fine mascot for the team when he took to the field for the victorious end of season encounter against Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    Agreed 😂

CWG, can it be worked out from Hearts accounts how much of the cost of their new stand is already accounted for in these (and previous) accounts and how much will come in next years accounts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    CWG, can it be worked out from Hearts accounts how much of the cost of their new stand is already accounted for in these (and previous) accounts and how much will come in next years accounts?

£5.5m had been accounted for up to the end of June. There's also a note saying that a further £5.8m has been contracted for, for "tangible fixed assets" (the stand, presumably).

So, that's a total of £11.3m. Not sure how the contract will be affected by the overtime payments in recent weeks. That will only become apparent in next year's accounts.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 21-11-2017 at 11:08 AM.

£5.5m had been accounted for up to the end of June. There's no indication how much will be in this year's accounts.... because they won't know yet.
    £5.5m spent and they already had to borrow £1.75m. Happy with that.

Do we really care who the benefactor is? We have had them in past so have other clubs. What matters is that someone out there has pumped some hard earned tax evading dosh into the game in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Do we really care who the benefactor is? We have had them in past so have other clubs. What matters is that someone out there has pumped some hard earned tax evading dosh into the game in Scotland.
    Have they?

[QUOTE=BSEJVT;5225693]

Thanks for your reply

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Nobody would ever criticise a club for accepting a 'gift' from a fan or sponsor, they would be mental not to .... I dare say if any of us won silly money on the lottery we would consider doing something for Hibs, and Hibs would quite rightly bite your hand off.

What is laughable is Yams trying to use this unearned money to claim that they are operating more successfully than we are and are all over the internet bumming about it .... can it really be true that they cant understand unearned money gifted to the club can hardly be cited in any claim to be operating successfully on a business level?

I don't believe for a second that there is a connection between some unknown benefactor "donating" 2.5 million and the same Gorgie mob keeping stum on Sevco getting a place in Europe ahead of them given their financial position......

Tram money?

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    Tram money?
    You're on the wrong track.

You're to blame if this thread goes off the rails......

Sorry bud, but the Tram has only one track!

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    £2.5m is a decent wack. Bet whoever it is is ragin that it’s all been *****ed on ***** project management
    Need to have a good look at EDC accounts for the year

Agree, that the authorities need to review these one-of "gifts" and how the receiving club is using the funds to run their affairs. If they use this as operational resources, then they'll soon land in trouble when that cash runs out.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    £ 2.5 million !! , the donor could have bought the place for that sum a couple of years ago.

I wonder if it was any of the failed bidders back in their admin. time ?

One shoe Bob, the Norwegian group, ????

Second thoughts, maybe not.

£ 2.5 million !! , the donor could have bought the place for that sum a couple of years ago.

I wonder if it was any of the failed bidders back in their admin. time ?

One shoe Bob, the Norwegian group, ????

Second thoughts, maybe not.
    I suppose it’s a bit easier staying anonymous and gifting cash rather than being lumbered with having to build a stand and cope with any grief that may come your way from supporters.

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    That's not fare.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    £5.5m spent and they already had to borrow £1.75m. Happy with that.

The deadline news report from first page of the thread suggests they have agreed a £1.75m lloan but hadn't yet utilised. Not sure if the accounts say differently.

The deadline news report from first page of the thread suggests they have agreed a £1.75m lloan but hadn't yet utilised. Not sure if the accounts say differently.
    It's included in the section relating to Going Concern.

"The projections include:-

.....Additional loan facilities of £1,750,000 secured by the club effective from October 2017"

That suggests to me that they have already drawn it down, although the use of the word "facilities" might mean the opposite.

The projections also assume a continuing of the £125k per month from FOH towards the stadium costs and "the realisation of new revenue streams and commercial sources of income from the operation of the new main stand".
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 21-11-2017 at 04:55 PM.

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar

Scottish tories trying to claim credit for securing £2.5 million for poppyscotland .... we all know where it will end up

£2.5 million donation !!!
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Sorry bud, but the Tram has only one track!
    Depends which way you’re travelling!