hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    This place is mental after a defeat.

Stokes didn't have a good game, he was better second half than he was first, but I don't think he was found wanting for effort.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

The defeat isn't good. The manner of it is ****. But Stokes "Billy Big Baws?!"

Get this thread tae ****.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean the Billy Big Baws that scored twice in our Scottish Cup win?

McGeouch, I agree is our best player. He was on the bench because he limped off v Dundee and isn't fully fit.
    I don’t particularly agree with the OP but does scoring twice in the cup final make him immune to criticism?

Glad he had big baws when he stepped up and slotted that pen home. Class.

Why drop McGeoch, our best player recently IMO to accommodate Stokes?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Maybe after his wee injury he wasn't going to get the a full game whether Stokes was back or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    He's one of the players most commonly found seeking data for post match analysis on how to improve. Hardly Billy Big Baws.
    faffing round with his video console when he should be out training with the lads guillaume gros balons indeed.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHarpy76 View Post
    I don’t particularly agree with the OP but does scoring twice in the cup final make him immune to criticism?
    It immunes him from being called uncalled for names that isn't merited.

He wasn’t fit to play a full 90 mins after tweaking his hamstring, so Lennon put him sub.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHarpy76 View Post
    Not at all, I think Stokes had a poor game yesterday by his standards and it happens. But he’s still a class player and one that when struggling more often than not could get you a goal out of nothing or set up one. Dundee game when he crossed for Murray being one.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    It immunes him from being called uncalled for names that isn't merited.
    Absolutely.
    That’s why I said that I didn’t agree with the OP.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Folk overreact so much to both defeats/wins sometimes on here. Stokes has gone from an utterly outstanding player after Dundee to a billy big baws lazy waste of space. He’s not going to turn on the style and be outstanding 100% of the time and neither are Hibs. He’s a good player and we’re lucky to have him.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This place is mental after a defeat.

Stokes didn't have a good game, he was better second half than he was first, but I don't think he was found wanting for effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Folk overreact so much to both defeats/wins sometimes on here. Stokes has gone from an utterly outstanding player after Dundee to a billy big baws lazy waste of space. He’s not going to turn on the style and be outstanding 100% of the time and neither are Hibs. He’s a good player and we’re lucky to have him.

@hibs.net private member
    He was very poor yesterday but by no means the only one.

Overall he's played well this season and gives us a bit of guile up front. He was completely crowded out yesterday every time he got the ball but the team wasn't set up well and plenty of others had an off day.

I think Murray was equally bad but seems to have escaped criticism.

Lennon is guilty for me of chopping and changing things too much. We had two wingers on yesterday but I can't remember either of them putting a single quality ball in the box.

By now we should have a settled formation and line up, with changes only happening if necessary (ie. injuries).

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    To say he was uninterested is just wrong, he worked hard yesterday it just didn’t come off a lot of the time. Players have bad games, it happens.

I agree he maybe should have been subbed but then I do understand why he wasn’t. He might not be having a great game but he can win us a game with one touch of skill so like I say I understand why Lennon kept him on.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Total nonsense thread. Stokes won us the Dundee game by playing very well 2nd half. Its Barker that should be dropped.

''billy big baws'' is the only one who looked like scoring today.
    This 100%, don’t understand all the negativity towards Stokes, Barker is an empty jersey with no end product Stokes scores a pressure penalty and gets slated 🤦🏻*♂️

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Is it 9 goals in 14 games for "Billy Big Baws" this season?

I wish the rest of our players put as little effort in as he does to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    I don't know how keen Stokesy would be to be described as"Billy" big baws but yes he looked disinterested and made little effort. It's not the first time, there were plenty outings like that before the 21st May and that's what you get from him. You also get some really good performances and I think he's been pretty consistent this season.

I think he's one of these characters who will play when he's in the mood but it doesn't take much for him to not be in the mood. Not the most professional approach but if he was more focused he wouldn't be at ER.

He shouldn't be guaranteed a place but there were plenty others who deserved to be hooked yesterday.It was a bad day all round yesterday so maybe unfair to single him out ?
    This.

Over reaction .net is in full swing after a defeat as usual. 2 players yesterday got pass marks for me. Hanlon and Bartley. The rest were mostly poor to average with one or 2 glimpses of something decent (Boyle and barker in particular)

There's so many fans favourites that were as bad or worse than stokesy yesterday.

Get a grip

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Aye, in your own words he is so disinterested in anything other than people playing the ball to his feet that he was dropping deep in an attempt to actually get the ball.

Go and sleep it off, sunshine.
    I get it to an extent about Stokes at times but he drops deep to try andink things up, when we play with just the 2 in central midfield, mainly in my because mcginn is left to try and create from that area on his own because can't do that ...the fact about yesterday was both wide players and murray and stokes were not showing and moving to get the ball, boyle and barker stayed to rigidly wide and were easily marked ..hence we created little going forward ...dont think stokes was only one not looking the part though !!

If we're looking for a word to describe yesterday I'd suggest 'ponderous', and it applies to the team not an individual player.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    The reason Stokes started is because he came on and won us the game against Dundee. We had better shape and movement in the dundee game when Stokes came on. But each game is a different tactical battle. Stokes didn’t lose us this game. For me the game was lost in the middle of the park. Only John was playing the ball forward and looking for the ball from the midfield. Not having a pop at Bartley as I know that’s not his game but McGinn did miss having someone else in there with him. How many throw ins did we have where no one was making a move for the ball so McGinn had to try and make something for his team because no one else moved for the ball.

But as for the Billy Big Baws comment. Cumon man! He was hardly terrible. Seems like people love to have a scape goat everytime something doesn’t go our way. We are called supporters, let’s support the team, rather than name calling on a message board like some angry 14 year old keyboard warrior!

Hibs played very poorly, as a team, yesterday with the exception of Paul Hanlon. Marciano also had several very good saves, but looks weak under high cross balls.

To single out Stokes in the manner of the OP is ridiculous. Stokes deserves great credit for keeping his head and taking responsibility for the penalty, and scoring with it. Despite attempts by St Johnstone players to put him off (which Thomson ignored).

What was changed today from our successful last 4 wins?

The whole shape and formation was changed to try accommodate Billy big baws!!

Why McGeoch was on bench and Stokes started was baffling.

Stokes looked completely lost and totally uninterested from the start.

McGeoch is our best player, if he was fit enough to come on then he was fit enough to start.
    Terrible post.... were you at the game??

The whole team looked flat - except Marciano and Bartley they were all poor.

St Johnston’s played anti football with 2 walls of yellow jerseys.

Appalling boring negative team. It showed to me how other clubs view hibs when they employ those tactics. It was the usual appalling performance from officials though especially east stand linesman who got nothing right all day.

As for your comments on Anthony Stokes - utter nonsense to single out 1 player.

Bad day at office for us - we move on but Home form needs to pick up

Stokes puts in plenty of effort. I dont get why he is called lazy and disinterested. Hear it all the time. Great player who may have the odd poor game, like anyone can

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Get a grip!

There are far bigger culprits in the squad who only turn up for the big games (eg SJM), but at the end of the day it’s a team effort. Others must drive those with their heads down a bit to do better.

The way the this place turns against individual players after a defeat is astonishing. Stokesy is a legend, and created the best day of our lives, yet some on here (but more so on the FB pages) turn on him if he doesn’t turn in the best performance.

This post is disrespectful, knee-jerk & frankly ignorant.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We had a bad game, we have some blaming Stevenson, some blaming Stokes. The lot of them were off it a little, and we lost.

When we are fighting relegation, that's the time to point fingers. This team are punching their weight with Stevenson and Stokes, and when we are doing this, they deserve to be cut some slack for a bloody change.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Stokes has really big baws
    Your underpants are terrified
    Stokes has really big baws
    Tea bag takers are terrified
    Na na na .........
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    St Johnstone closed our players down from the start and never stopped. Usually teams that do that run out of steam. Oddly enough they still looked fresh at the end while we looked wabbit.
    I felt sorry for SJM as he seemed to be playing in a one-man midfield with 3 players on him all the time. None of the players excelled themselves yesterday although the player that disappointed me the most was Murray. He looked slow.
    St Johnstone came and played the spoiling game. Horrible to watch but they got the points.

Stokes first game back and scores a last minute penalty.... some lesser players might have crumbled under that pressure and sent the ball to row z....yet still not good enough for some.