hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Atrocious

Left by mutual consent!
    I think Saints shaded it on chances. The goal at the end for me is incredibly annoying as Saints would have been over the moon with a point.

From Stevenson to McGinn and to the goalie that goal was a shocker. In whatever order.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing anti-Stokes about it. We’ve played great using a 433 with Murray in the middle but the whole formation is changed to allow Stokes back in. Does that seem reasonable or sensible to you?
    That’s the way I saw it too. I’m a big stokes fan but when he’s not up for it the whole team suffers.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    If you have an off day you get punished in the SPL. St Johnstone are better than their recent form, i wonder if the break suited them than us in a results sense. We are a better team than them but they would be very hungry to change their recent form and maybe that was enough to beat us due to our poor performance.

That's what I saw, we had a very off day & it gave them a bit of confidence. No point attacking individual players, the whole team were just off their game.
    Accept it, deal with it & move on.
    Der Hun & the Sheep losing minimises the pain.
    GG

Run of good results had to end sometime, just a pity it was at ER again when we really need our best performances to keep the record level of ST holders happy.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingwaitor View Post
    That game was the definition of "hibs'd it"

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Your post is the definition of Yamfuddery.

I'll never forget how good it was to horse the Yams on the way to winning the cup on 21st May 2016. To see them Jambottle it to us was very sweet. And to own them in every game since then has been just as good.

But the fact that they are now tainted forever as the Poppy Thieves - and that everyone knows it - is the absolutely most Yamfuddish thing about them.

Remember the morton game last season and what followed, we are a mid table side so these games will happen.

Left by mutual consent!
    As has been said many times Lewis Stevenson is a Hibernian legend.

BUT that side of the parks needs looked at. We were cut open against Aberdeen, done against Dundee and again today.

We concede some amount of goals. So what's the problem ?

First Team Breakthrough Seekyit's Avatar
    Crap game, crap atmosphere, crap result. It was the lack of atmosphere that seemed to bother me most, just didn't seem to get going.

Just checked the Dons fans forum and it is almost word for word what is being posted here, the lay off suited some teams, obviously not the teams in the top half of the league. By the way Celtic were brutal against County but scraped a win thanks to the man Rod would not shell out for !

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Gutted with today, just simply gutted. I had so much expectation of a good result.

I should know better though. 52 years of supporting Hibs, I should bloody well know better.

Really gutted.

That said, tomorrow, I'll be looking forward to next week.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Bloody typical; we could have been second tonight, yet we never do things the easy way. Huffed and puffed all afternoon, pulled it back at the death, only to manage to concede again. We're all left shaking the heid. The home form is letting us down badly; a result that feels like a kick in the baws.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    Gutted with today, just simply gutted. I had so much expectation of a good result.

I should know better though. 52 years of supporting Hibs, I should bloody well know better.

Really gutted.

That said, tomorrow, I'll be looking forward to next week.

St Johnstone - not a single goal in 546 minutes of Premiership action before today. Hibs at home going for a 5th consecutive win. What could possibly go wrong? Yes, you should know better.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Marciano holds the shot I’m delighted with a point. He doesn’t. Reality is any team in this league can beat any other on any given day. I’m sure we’ll win more then we lose and be comfortably top 6. Doesn’t mean I’m happy about their winner today though. Awful from the minute Stevenson headed it out needlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Most annoying thing for me was upsetting a pretty successful formation and line up to accommodate AS. It didn’t work and Lennon needs to look at himself about this.
    nail, head, hit

boy band more an elastic band

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    With the run of results that At Johns have there was no way they were coming to ER to lie down, but hibs really really should have been ready for it.
    Defence totally stretched, no spring at all in midfield, yet again seems like we just think we can turn up, what is going wrong at Home games, seemed to be no pace at all and no real interest in working hard for each and every ball..shocker, the defence very poor and what was Ambrose thinking half the time.
    A stroll in the park does not win points...If J McGinn has an off day then the whole team seems to follow..that is a real concern.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Crap game, crap result, crap atmosphere, crap tactics, in fact, crap from start to finish.

Not a great day at the office. These things happens. Roll on next week

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Yep, that's what I thought too.

It was all the more galling to concede that goal given it looked to me as if St Johnstone didn't even fancy kicking off after Stokes had equalised. They were wasting time before restarting the game.
    And we were naively desperate to have them get the game going, when we should have made sure we were set up to see out the last couple of mins of injury time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seekyit View Post
    Crap game, crap atmosphere, crap result. It was the lack of atmosphere that seemed to bother me most, just didn't seem to get going.
    I wonder if the freezing weather had something to do with the atmos. I was not my usual loud self, the past two games due to how f***ing cold I was.

Quote Originally Posted by andybev1 View Post
    I wonder if the freezing weather had something to do with the atmos. I was not my usual loud self, the past two games due to how f***ing cold I was.
    I was thinking that as well. It was very cold today and I think that had something to do with the atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Yep, that's what I thought too.

It was all the more galling to concede that goal given it looked to me as if St Johnstone didn't even fancy kicking off after Stokes had equalised. They were wasting time before restarting the game.
    Never has a tean looked so reluctant to even restart and then finish a game, yet end up winning it some 30 seconds later. Baffling minute.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Any on line reaction from Neil?

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Crap game, crap result, crap atmosphere, crap tactics, in fact, crap from start to finish.
    Harsh IMO. Yes not a great day, but a slight over reaction.

Aside from converting the penalty, Stokes was useless today. He should have been removed at half-time but I think Lennon has a blind spot when it comes to him.

Overall the team were poor, some worse than others.

I wouldn't call it atrocious though.

From where I was sitting (west lower near the home end) I didn't really understand the changes Lennon made. Unlike some on here I didn't think we improved much with McGeouch and Big Dave coming on really, and I actually thought McGeouch lost the ball in midfield in the lead up to the winning goal. Shows what I know. In the first half we were pretty average, in the second half we were pretty crap. Atrocious is maybe a bit strong, but we weren't particularly good at any time, apart from a few moments when we got a penalty.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I was thinking that as well. It was very cold today and I think that had something to do with the atmosphere.
    There was no atmosphere because there was nothing to get "atmospheric"about on the park.

Curse of the "manager of the month" award

First Team Breakthrough Seekyit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andybev1 View Post
    Dunno. Quite enjoyed the Dundee game, bit of an edge to it but today seemed flat. I know there's been debate about the singing section, it's location and what it adds or doesn't add, but from my seat in the north end of the east, I just didn't hear them much today. The drummer was there for sure, but only heard him or her occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    As has been said many times Lewis Stevenson is a Hibernian legend.

BUT that side of the parks needs looked at. We were cut open against Aberdeen, done against Dundee and again today.

We concede some amount of goals. So what's the problem ?

He gets zero help when Barkley plays, unlike on the right Boyle puts in a shift to back up Gray, but Barker stands there and allows their players to ghost past him, both him and Stokes didn't break sweat all game.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    He gets zero help when Barkley plays, unlike on the right Boyle puts in a shift to back up Gray, but Barker stands there and allows their players to ghost past him, both him and Stokes didn't break sweat all game.
    Barker was one of our few threats first half today.