hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Atrocious

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    Atrocious? I knew I'd find a ridiculous thread on here tonight and I wasn't disappointed...

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Barker was one of our few threats first half today.
    He made about 3 tricky runs at the their defence and nothing else, his job is to help out in defence when he hasn't got the ball, he doesn't do that enough, if at all, stands and watches the game all too often.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Barker was one of our few threats first half today.
    For the first 20 minutes or so then absolutely nothing from him

Left by mutual consent!
    Very poor today against a side that couldn't buy a goal. These things happen. Hopefully learn from it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    For the first 20 minutes or so then absolutely nothing from him
    Agree.

Niall McGinn or Barker I know who id be picking every week. Hope Lennon has his number

First Team Breakthrough Seekyit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurry Face View Post
    Really? It was the final score that bothered me the most.
    the atmosphere was a result of the performance, the crowd were really good at the start but the team gave little to cheer about then latterly too much to moan about so I'd cut the supporters some slack for the atmosphere.
    Probably, but I wonder sometimes if it works the other way round. Either way like you I assume, I'd have taken a scrappy 1-0 and 3 points.

And getting back to the OP, it wasn't atrocious, just a bit, well, crap.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We have just come up from the championship, might have gone 2nd in the premier league with a win, but its cut your throat time with some?

Why cant we just be happy when we are punching our weight?

Most annoying thing for me was upsetting a pretty successful formation and line up to accommodate AS. It didn’t work and Lennon needs to look at himself about this.
    The successful formation that had us being battered by Dundee until Stokes won us the game with a brilliant cross?

The 4-3-3 wasn't working in the first half against Dundee so Lennon changed it by taking Barker and Gray off and going 3-5-2. He should've left Barker out again and gone either 4-3-3 or 3-5-2.

Mental that people think Stokes who has like 10 goals this season should be left out for Barker who has 0.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 19-11-2017 at 12:08 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    We have just come up from the championship, might have gone 2nd in the premier league with a win, but its cut your throat time with some?

Why cant we just be happy when we are punching our weight?
    I think it's just frustration, which is understandable. We've been on a good wee run, then lose at home, missing the chance to go second. We're getting big crowds, but the home form is letting us down. I do agree it's hardly the end of the world; below Celtic all the teams can give each other a game.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    He gets zero help when Barkley plays, unlike on the right Boyle puts in a shift to back up Gray, but Barker stands there and allows their players to ghost past him, both him and Stokes didn't break sweat all game.
    And when he took Barker off things got better? That'll be no then. He ended up pushing Stevenson further forward and he's a lot slower than Barker, that just made it easier for St Johnstone. They weren't threatened at all down the left side in the 2nd half. The whole team was poor, not just Barker and Stokes.

Left by mutual consent!
    Very bad result not worst performance but possibly worst result considering other results today.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    The successful formation that had us being battered by Dundee until Stokes won us the game with a brilliant cross?

The 4-3-3 wasn't working in the first half against Dundee so Lennon changed it by taking Barker and Gray off and going 3-5-2. He should've left Barker out again and gone either 4-3-3 or 3-5-2.

Mental that people think Stokes who has like 10 goals this season should be left out for Barker who has 0.
    This, we missed the extra body in midfield and he asked Stokes to do that job which didn't work, front 3 of Stokes, Murray and Boyle and bringing in Slivka, would've given us a far better shape yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    And when he took Barker off things got better? That'll be no then. He ended up pushing Stevenson further forward and he's a lot slower than Barker, that just made it easier for St Johnstone. They weren't threatened at all down the left side in the 2nd half. The whole team was poor, not just Barker and Stokes.
    The team had a better shape when Gray and Barker went off, their goal had nothing to do with changing shape but more to do with piss poor defending and goalkeeping.

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This, we missed the extra body in midfield and he asked Stokes to do that job which didn't work, front 3 of Stokes, Murray and Boyle and bringing in Slivka, would've given us a far better shape yesterday.

The team had a better shape when Gray and Barker went off, their goal had nothing to do with changing shape but more to do with piss poor defending and goalkeeping.
    Yep. I’ve said the same thing for ages, our strongest 3 up front is Stokes, Murray and Boyle, with Barker as an impact sub. Slivka was the obvious choice to come in, if Dylan wasn’t fully fit.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Reminded me so much of the Hamilton game. Lethargic, devoid of pace against a team who scrapped for every single ball and no real quality in the match from us.

Saints deserved their win.

Rangers and Aberdeen losing means that we didn't lose any ground to our nearest rivals.

As has been said we are just up from the championship, still on a learning curve and doing not too badly.

What I see is a lot of Premier clubs using exactly the same physical, disruptive, time wasting tactics and use the long ball at every opportunity. They are just a bit better at it than the championship teams.

Let's look at the season, not one game.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I would use the word unprofessional. We didn't play well and too many players had an off day. It happens to the very best. BUT.....we got ourselves back into the game and then totally lost it at kick off, slack play, poor decision making led to them winning. I am a huge fan of Lewis but the header out of play for the hoof up the park allowed them to waste a minute and then control at for the remainder of the game leading to them scoring. So disappointing from us when a win would have sen us second

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Hardly atrocious. We had to try and play around a well drilled and disciplined team. We made mistakes, we didn't create enough, we lacked concentration at the end.

If we'd been beaten 6-0 hardly able to string a pass together I'd agree with atrocious.

This is just a purely emotive reaction. Take a big breath before posting and reflect a little.
    It was bad. We didn’t work hard enough. Not close to it. Efe, Paul and Rocky with pass marks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I think it's just frustration, which is understandable. We've been on a good wee run, then lose at home, missing the chance to go second. We're getting big crowds, but the home form is letting us down. I do agree it's hardly the end of the world; below Celtic all the teams can give each other a game.

Spot on mate.

@hibs.net private member
    Being the championship last season is not an excuse for playing poorly. The fact is every team has off days and that was another one for us

@hibs.net private member
    Yes, players are entitled to off days but it was the lack of energy and commitment that worried me. We looked like a group of school kids who were going back to school after half term. Sluggish, off the pace and thinking about when the first day back would be over. The players must have a look in the mirror after that performance but so must the manager.

It would be fascinating to see the status of how far players run and in what areas game to game. It looked like we were a very static team yesterday but not sure if the stats would back that up.
    Lennon desperately needs to find a system that accommodates our best players and can break down stuffy teams at ER. It has been an issue since Stubbs and we don't look much better now than we did a few years back against well drilled unambitious teams who sit in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    And we were naively desperate to have them get the game going, when we should have made sure we were set up to see out the last couple of mins of injury time.
    Hibs, as a team, need to wise up at times and be more professional and streetwise. To throw it away in that manner having just equalised from a penalty in the last minute or so was very naive. They should have settled for the point.

As an aside, has Thomson ever awarded Hibs a penalty before yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Being the championship last season is not an excuse for playing poorly. The fact is every team has off days and that was another one for us
    Yep, I agree. The squad has been strengthened since coming up from the Championship.

I don’t think it was an off day. We were great in some games and got nothing. We weren’t very good against Kilmarnock (despite score) or Dundee and got maximum points. We look a little jaded right now.

We need to get working and performing again.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

The formation appeared to be changed purely to accommodate Stokes. If Stokes had to play we had to keep three in midfield. I agree the 433 failed first half against Dundee and it was a good change second half but most of our recent success has been with the 433. If Stokes has to play he can play in the front three, but I don’t think him and Murray really work as a starting pairing.

Left back woes

The formation appeared to be changed purely to accommodate Stokes. If Stokes had to play we had to keep three in midfield. I agree the 433 failed first half against Dundee and it was a good change second half but most of our recent success has been with the 433. If Stokes has to play he can play in the front three, but I don’t think him and Murray really work as a starting pairing.
    Agreed but last two home games sawLS caught out and skinned by winger resulting in goals each time...when oh when will we get a left back,not had one since Murphy !

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Hibs, as a team, need to wise up at times and be more professional and streetwise. To throw it away in that manner having just equalised from a penalty in the last minute or so was very naive. They should have settled for the point.

As an aside, has Thomson ever awarded Hibs a penalty before yesterday?
    Yep he gave us a penalty in the 3-2 loss at Falkirk in the play offs a couple of seasons ago which James Keatings scored.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    Agreed but last two home games sawLS caught out and skinned by winger resulting in goals each time...when oh when will we get a left back,not had one since Murphy !

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Late to the party but we were pretty crap yesterday.

I can't get overly worked up though because I half expected it. Every fan of other clubs I know has been scathing about how St Johnstone set up and play to spoil, time waste and disrupt the game. It's something we have consistently struggled against in the last few seasons and yesterday was no exception. We just seem to lack a bit of spark or magic that can make something happen in games like that.

I was a bit surprised how we lined up yesterday. We looked really good against Dundee when we went 352 and given St Johnstones attacking intent was always going to be pretty limited then I thought that's how we may have set up again. The 442 with Bartley and McGinn in there really doesn't work and didn't when we tried it last season either.

Yesterday was very frustrating because it was the same failings that we have seen before. We were slow and ponderous for long spells, struggled for ideas and a spark to break down a compact team and couldn't turn possession into chances and goals. I could have written the same comments about countless games over the last few seasons.

I also think we should have just accepted it hadn't really been our day and taken the point when we equalised. We seemed to be determined to go gung ho and throw everything at them for a winner and we got caught out. I think Lennon said similar post match.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingwaitor View Post
    Trouble for who?

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
    Probably you Jambo.