hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We where all over the park defensively, Ambrose let way too many passes into the box but are we just ignoring them ?
    Marciano was the biggest one at fault for the goals lost imo and Lewis can’t be held accountable for the entire defences faults today
    Of course he’s not solely to blame but I feel that if we want to progress then we need to be looking at better in his position. Or at least someone to give him a bit of competition

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Don’t see how you can fault Lewis for the loss today, thought he actually had a decent game and was one of the better players. Calls for him to be replaced are ridiculous, folk just love to put the boot into Lewis no matter what he does.
    Congratulations, you're the first.

I never said he was to singly blame for today but if you thought he was decent then I'm wasting my time debating with you.

NL said he was bracing himself for bids in the January window, do you seriously think he is one of them?

I take the opposite view from you, he is probably the one Hibs player that you daren't criticise on here,

I don't get that, to me he is there to be congratulated or criticised the same as every other player.

Well no surprise on Hibs.net. Hibs lose a game and suddenly Stevenson is not good enough.

Hibs were poor all over the pitch, from Murray to Marciano, our players were poor.

It happens, we're not good enough to think that we'll win every game. But they've done pretty well this season, so I'll accept that we're work in progress.

I predict that the Hibs team of next season will be a bit different and better than the Hibs team of today - work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

I never said he was to singly blame for today but if you thought he was decent then I'm wasting my time debating with you.

NL said he was bracing himself for bids in the January window, do you seriously think he is one of them?

I take the opposite view from you, he is probably the one Hibs player that you daren't criticise on here,

I don't get that, to me he is there to be congratulated or criticised the same as every other player.
    Lewis always gives 100% for Hibs, but he was at fault IMO for quite needlessly heading the ball out of play and gifting possession to St Johnstone which led to their second goal. I don't know if he panicked or lost concentration or what, but it proved very costly.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Lewis always gives 100% for Hibs, but he was at fault IMO for quite needlessly heading the ball out of play and gifting possession to St Johnstone which led to their second goal. I don't know if he panicked or lost concentration or what, but it proved very costly.
    Naw heading the ball out the park has never lost to a goal ever. Poordefending after that lost the goal.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Agree about needlessly giving away the thrown in. And I’m sure he got smoked after that and let O’Halloran run into the box? Need to see it again in a minute on Alba. Absolutely love Lewis but we’ve conceded goals in the past two games in situations where I think Lewis could have prevented them. It’ll hurt him the same as it hurts us though.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Agree with all of that eg.

However surely giving 100% is what every professional player should do.

I've already stated that Lewis is a model professional, but that doesn't mean his position isn't his forever and a day.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Naw heading the ball out the park has never lost to a goal ever. Poordefending after that lost the goal.
    Needlessly giving away possession is what can, and does, cost goals. Just like today. Poor defending subsequently just makes it worse.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Defence were poor today but fact of the matter is Stevenson struggles every time he comes up against a pacy winger...both crosses for the goals came in from his side today & it's the fullbacks job to stop these crosses coming in. He was poor today.

Needlessly giving away possession is what can, and does, cost goals. Just like today. Poor defending subsequently just makes it worse.
    The goal came about two minutes after he headed it out so I’m not sure what your point is. I’m sure we even had a throw in after that FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Defence were poor today but fact of the matter is Stevenson struggles every time he comes up against a pacy winger...both crosses for the goals came in from his side today & it's the fullbacks job to stop these crosses coming in. He was poor today.
    Only failed to cut out the cross at the second one. The first came from deeper in the midfield.

We where all over the park defensively, Ambrose let way too many passes into the box but are we just ignoring them ?
    Marciano was the biggest one at fault for the goals lost imo and Lewis can’t be held accountable for the entire defences faults today
    Ambrose was back to being "crack pipe and ballet pumps" rather than "pipe and slippers" today.

He actually came away with some of the nicest pieces of play I've seen from a Hibs defender since Sauzee played today, absolutely different class. The composure, touch and skill he showed to get out of some tight situations was at times inspired.

He also came away with some of the biggest load of rubbish that would have seen the worst, most criticised Hibs defenders receive absolute pelters for (such as that time he let the ball bounce in his own box during the second half).

I normally like personality players, slightly bonkers entertainers who have an achilles heel, but I still don't really get Ambrose. I just think that for a player of his experience his decision making should be better, tbh for a defender his basic defending should be a whole lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    The goal came about two minutes after he headed it out so I’m not sure what your point is. I’m sure we even had a throw in after that FFS.
    My point is simply this. He gave away possession needlessly. At time added on especially, he should retain possession of the ball and make sure the opposition don't get the chance to score.

I can't argue with you about your last point. I'd need to see highlights.

Don’t see how you can fault Lewis for the loss today, thought he actually had a decent game and was one of the better players. Calls for him to be replaced are ridiculous, folk just love to put the boot into Lewis no matter what he does.
    You thought Stevenson was one of our better players?!?! Wake up. He has been costing us for weeks. You are either at the wind up or dont have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    You thought Stevenson was one of our better players?!?! Wake up. He has been costing us for weeks. You are either at the wind up or dont have a clue.
    You can change weeks for years.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    I agree with you 100%. I tend not to comment on Stevenson threads anymore as he obviously has a lot of posters on here who rate him highly and I don't. I think the fact that Lennon tried Whittaker in that position told us that he thinks Stevenson isn't the answer. I'm sure a left back will be high on his list of targets in January

Stokes was honking today.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    Stokes was honking today.
    Apart from penalties how many goals has he scored from open play and how many assists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

I am going to say it and they won't like it we need a natural left back Stevenson has improved over the past 3-4 years biut he had the same thing done to him in the Dundee game and the player got around him and crossed a ball into the box for Dundee's goal same again yesterday.