hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

McGinn on his way back

McGinn ex Don is on his way back from Sth Korea, would we have him?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Would be a brilliant signing.

@hibs.net private member
    Yes please

I heard chat about him going to hearts to replace walker

Hope not. Class player at this level. Would do the business for us

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard chat about him going to hearts to replace walker

Hope not. Class player at this level. Would do the business for us
    There was talk of him - mainly from their fans - of him going there last summer. But where are hertz going to get cash to afford him?

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    There was talk of him - mainly from their fans - of him going there last summer. But where are hertz going to get cash to afford him?
    I imagine they'll move Walker and the Cameroon ****e on in January for some much needed cash. Can't imagine mcginn would be asking for too much?

Sincerely hope we'd be interested though

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    I imagine they'll move Walker and the Cameroon ****e on in January for some much needed cash. Can't imagine mcginn would be asking for too much?

Sincerely hope we'd be interested though
    The two of them are out of contract at the end of the season. They’ll be lucky to get a couple of hundred grand max for the pair.

Coaching Staff
    Would far rather we go for Lewis Morgan and/or Liam Henderson. Don't see what Niall McGinn brings to the table that Boyle, Swanson, Barker and Stokes don't already bring. We have good quality at that end of the pitch.

Think we'll be in the market for a left back in January and a striker. If SJM goes then the two I mentioned would be top of my midfield list as more than adequate permanent replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Would far rather we go for Lewis Morgan and/or Liam Henderson. Don't see what Niall McGinn brings to the table that Boyle, Swanson, Barker and Stokes don't already bring. We have good quality at that end of the pitch.

Think we'll be in the market for a left back in January and a striker. If SJM goes then the two I mentioned would be top of my midfield list as more than adequate permanent replacements.
    He is a quality player who creates goals. If we can make it happen then we should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    400,000 fans at 1p per week each would pay his wages.

Blog Entries
    The Korean guy says that McGinn was finding the Korean league physically tougher than he expected. I think that’s nonsense as our leagues, IMHO, are physically tougher than theirs.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    He is a quality player who creates goals. If we can make it happen then we should.

Not saying he isn't a good player Ozy, but for me Derek McInnes fairly gilded the lily whenever he talked up McGinn. Not sure of his stats but don't think he provides the number of assists that DM implied he did and I think he scores around 1 in 4 games.

I think we have as good, or better, in Stokes, Boyle and Swanson. I'd like more goals from midfield and Morgan or Mallan (or Hendo) would be my preferred option if we are looking for a creative type - all keen, young, and hungry.

Whose man would he be and is he better than Zidane?

Would gladly offer him a 18 month contract. Good player

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Sign him for free and when the big boys come in January looking for McGinn, we'll sell them this one.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Sign him for free and when the big boys come in January looking for McGinn, we'll sell them this one.
    Henderson and Nial in Super John out. £2m plus add ons Celtic would be a guess.

Quality player with good experience in this league and would give us a different type of player we currently have. Would probably ask for a decent wage, but I don't think I'd say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    The Korean guy says that McGinn was finding the Korean league physically tougher than he expected. I think that’s nonsense as our leagues, IMHO, are physically tougher than theirs.
    If he is right then there’s more chance Hertz will join the K League than sign McGinn.

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Moving to the K-League wasn't the best move for his Korea....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Not seen Korean football but if it's like other South-East Asian leagues it'll be a lot faster than ours and that may be where McGinn struggled. He's reasonably pacey compared to Scottish players but also getting older.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    Moving to the K-League wasn't the best move for his Korea....
    An it starts

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    An it starts
    Don't worry, I am guessing it will be the Seoul pun.

Would we put him in the same bracket as Andrew Shinnie?

Not saying he isn't a good player Ozy, but for me Derek McInnes fairly gilded the lily whenever he talked up McGinn. Not sure of his stats but don't think he provides the number of assists that DM implied he did and I think he scores around 1 in 4 games.

I think we have as good, or better, in Stokes, Boyle and Swanson. I'd like more goals from midfield and Morgan or Mallan (or Hendo) would be my preferred option if we are looking for a creative type - all keen, young, and hungry.
    Totally accept your points, which are well made, but I saw Niall McGinn quite a lot on tv highlights etc, I didn't just go with what McInnes said, and as an outsider I thought he looked a really good player, better than what we've got, but that was then and this is now and he's getting older. He's a better crosser of the ball than Boyle IMO, but they are quite similar players in some respects, both have pace to burn. Seemed to score quite a lot of goals at Aberdeen too. Good player, but I can see where you're coming from too.

If Morgan, Mallan and Hendo become available then I agree, they would be the better option.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    He's a good player, but he'd no be a cheap option and I cannae see where would he fit into our team?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty

I'd definitely rather we get Morgan.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    According to the beeb gossip page. Straight fight between Aberdeen and hearts?!?! He must have a Black and Decker work bench and a set of joinery tools if hearts want him. DIY on the stand during the week, play footie at the weekend

Was a thread about this last month.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    He's a good player, but he'd no be a cheap option and I cannae see where would he fit into our team?
    I was thinking he could replace Barker who is on loan and theirs no signing on fee!