hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks. I know that 10ml of pure alcohol is a unit but this seems arbitrary and convenient. My point is more who is the arbiter and could they be "convinced" to change the standard?

Also, why doesn't it have a fancy name like other units of measurement? I'd go for a peeve.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Thanks. I know that 10ml of pure alcohol is a unit but this seems arbitrary and convenient. My point is more who is the arbiter and could they be "convinced" to change the standard?

Also, why doesn't it have a fancy name like other units of measurement? I'd go for a peeve.
    Slug would have been appropriate if it wasn't already in use.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Slug would have been appropriate if it wasn't already in use.
    Think more like 'Sip' now the dictatorship snp has got its hands on pricing. A tory and snp moratorium on the pricing of alcohol in Scotland .

The sooner libertarians like Labour and the Liberal Democrats get back in the better than these know it all right wing dictators as far as I'm concerned.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    Think more like 'Sip' now the dictatorship snp has got its hands on pricing. A tory and snp moratorium on the pricing of alcohol in Scotland .

The sooner libertarians like Labour and the Liberal Democrats get back in the better than these know it all right wing dictators as far as I'm concerned.

GGTTH
    I remember those two parties.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

GGTTH
    The Labour Party supports minimum pricing on alcohol, as far as Iím aware so do the Lib Demís.

GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    The Labour Party supports minimum pricing on alcohol, as far as Iím aware so do the Lib Demís.
    It wasn't them that chased it through the court system though was it? it was the dictatorial snp. The sooner Labour and the Lib Dems get back in the better it will be as far as I'm concerned.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    It wasn't them that chased it through the court system though was it? it was the dictatorial snp. The sooner Labour and the Lib Dems get back in the better it will be as far as I'm concerned.
    Is it dictatorship when there is cross party agreement?
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Is it dictatorship when there is cross party agreement?
    You don't really understand politics do you?

It wasn't Labour or the Lib Dems who pursued it to the Supreme Court was it?

It was only the snp who did.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

It was the Scottish Malt Whisky society that pursued it through the courts.

GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    It was the Scottish Malt Whisky society that pursued it through the courts.
    Certainly they put up a case against the Snp dictatorial policy. Indeed.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

I clearly don't, no.

Something was voted on with no MSP from any of the parties intentionally voting against it (1 did by accident) - so the government ensured that the will of the cross party consensus wasn't overruled by business (whisky association) saying so. That's dictatorship?
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I clearly don't, no.

Something was voted on with no MSP from any of the parties intentionally voting against it (1 did by accident) - so the government ensured that the will of the cross party consensus wasn't overruled by business (whisky association) saying so. That's dictatorship?
    I don't come on here to bully or harass anyone but I get you don't really understand the underlying reality of politics or the reality of lawmakers. The sooner Labour and the Liberal Democrats get back in which they will the better it will be for all of us. They are the real parties of compassion and understand the troubles ordinary folk have. They always will be. The Snp and the tories will always be the parties of dictatorship and keeping the working folk and underclass down no matter what some will pretend.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I don't come on here to bully or harass anyone but I get you don't really understand the underlying reality of politics or the reality of lawmakers. The sooner Labour and the Liberal Democrats get back in which they will the better it will be for all of us. They are the real parties of compassion and understand the troubles ordinary folk have. They always will be. The Snp and the tories will always be the parties of dictatorship and keeping the working folk and underclass down no matter what some will pretend.

GGTTH
    Will either of those parties reverse the policy?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

GGTTH
    Labour certainly cared about the poor working-class people of Iraq. And the Lib-Dems compassion for the students of England and Wales knew no bounds. When minimum pricing comes in hopefully you won't be drinking so much and spouting nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    It won't affect prices in the pubs, which are prohibitively high anyway IMO. But if it takes bottles of Frosty Jacks off the shelves that'll be a boon. There's only one reason those bottles are there. No one drinks white cider out of choice FFS.
    I didn't say they did

I said that alcoholics are alcoholics regardless of the price of alcohol... FFS

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/food/dr...11364230775751

Looks like Mrs Becks will be unaffected with the min pricing. Mind you, Stickie may have to watch her weekly grocery bill if the price of lettuce and broccoli goes up.