hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

DP World Tour Championship/RSM Classic (Golf)

It would have been fantastic to have seen a Scottish golfer win the Nedbank Challenge in South Africa on Sunday. I really thought Scott Jamieson was going to go on and win it but it wasn't to be as Branden Grace came from off the pace to pip Jamieson by a single shot.It was a difficult course for a large number of the players who carded quite a number of double bogeys and there were far more players ended with above par scores than those ended below par. My three bets were out of contention long before the weekend really but I still enjoyed watching some great golf. Well done to Grace for his excellent final round that sealed it and hard-lines for Jamieson, it would have been great to have seen a Scot win it but it wasn't to be unfortunately.

The PGA's OHL Classic went to Patton Kizzire. It was a tournament severely disrupted by inclement weather however if I'd been on Ricky Fowler as I'd contemplated at a tempting pre tournament 9/1 I'd have been very disappointed as it looked as if he'd win it quite easily at one stage however well done to Kizzire for beating Fowler by a single shot. Russell Knox a Scotsman had another decent tournament albeit some eight shots back but still finished a very respectable tied for ninth place.

This week sees the European tour in Dubai where the winner of the tour's race to Dubai will be decided. I'm simply sticking with the trio of Pepperell, Aphibarnrat and Coetzee. The course in Dubai is a particularly picturesque one and of quite long yardage. There's a lot of top competitors here with the likes of Rose, Rahm, Garcia, Hatton and Fitzpatrick to name just a few.

The PGA is in Georgia for the RSM Classic. It sees the return of some who've been absent from the tour recently like Kisner, Harmon, Kuchar and Sneiderjans. I'm going for a trio of Sneiderjans, Power and V Taylor.

Should be another four days of hotly competitive golf. Good luck to anyone else having a wee wager.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Enjoyed that this morning. Race to Dubai goes right down to the last hole. Well done Tommy Fleetwood and John Rahm for the win today.