hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 55 of 55
  1. #31
    Testimonial Due HoboHarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpdhfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking at youth table no Rankers?
    Anybody no why.
    I think they withdrew to play select games against opposition of their choosing. Think they have played Man City amongst others.......


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    What was the final score?

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    23,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Cathro View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was the final score?
    2 1 Hibs

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that Scott Allan losing 2-0 to our Development team? How the mighty have fallen
    Hard to believe he was our best player fairly recently, I expected him to stand out against U20s, but he certainly didnt.

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    19,843

  7. #36
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hard to believe he was our best player fairly recently, I expected him to stand out against U20s, but he certainly didnt.
    Is he coming back from injury?

    Scott Allan looked very average for the first couple of months with us when he was building his fitness. To be fair to him, he was a totally different player once he got into his stride.

    It's such a shame (for him more than anyone) that he felt he needed to move on from a great manager and s place that was set up to see him succeed.

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    19,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is he coming back from injury?

    Scott Allan looked very average for the first couple of months with us when he was building his fitness. To be fair to him, he was a totally different player once he got into his stride.

    It's such a shame (for him more than anyone) that he felt he needed to move on from a great manager and s place that was set up to see him succeed.
    He is. He’s much richer for moving to Celtic, but we’re much richer as a club for selling him. We got McGeough and Henderson on year long loans in return from Celtic, and signed McGinn on a 4 year deal with the money.
    In agreement with a few other fans at the game today, he didn’t try a leg in the 1st half, until Neil McCann turned up.
    Bit more influential in 2nd half. But think young Callum Donaldson still has him in his back pocket😄

  9. #38
    Thought Hibs put in a solid performance against a strong Dundee side. Two good goals from Ben Stirling and Gregor Woods.

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    19,843
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought Hibs put in a solid performance against a strong Dundee side. Two good goals from Ben Stirling and Gregor Woods.
    Cracking game, particularly 2nd half
    2 great goals as you say, but the build up football for the 2nd was exceptional

  11. #40
    Bit disappointed, 2 pages on a game and not one Dot Count.

  12. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cracking game, particularly 2nd half
    2 great goals as you say, but the build up football for the 2nd was exceptional
    I agree the build up play was excellent. Woods did very well to win the ball from Allan and start the move. Today was my first time watching the 20's and was really impressed with the standard of football throughout.

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    19,843
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree the build up play was excellent. Woods did very well to win the ball from Allan and start the move. Today was my first time watching the 20's and was really impressed with the standard of football throughout.
    Glad you enjoyed, I I did too. Although the games are all about player development, you can’t beat winning, particularly when McCann is the Dundee manager, and Scott Allan is playing😄

  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    68
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is. He’s much richer for moving to Celtic, but we’re much richer as a club for selling him. We got McGeough and Henderson on year long loans in return from Celtic, and signed McGinn on a 4 year deal with the money.
    In agreement with a few other fans at the game today, he didn’t try a leg in the 1st half, until Neil McCann turned up.
    Bit more influential in 2nd half. But think young Callum Donaldson still has him in his back pocket😄
    And I thought it was my HSL money that paid for SJM - hadn't realised that SA was worth so much. What exactly were the sums involved, do you know?

  15. #44
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Hills
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7,422
    Is the Stanley listed any relation to Luke Shanley

  16. #45
    First Team Regular Liam Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Age
    32
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How have Celtic only played 3 matches?

  17. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is the Stanley listed any relation to Luke Shanley
    Doubt it if they have different surnames 😁

  18. #47
    First Team Regular Nevi_SOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    626
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doubt it if they have different surnames 😁
    😂😂

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    19,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Miller View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How have Celtic only played 3 matches?
    Because they cancelled games due to playing in the UEFA Champions league under 20’s. Think they cancelled games due to have players away with Scotland teams. Like this week

  20. #49
    Was the same last season. Had to play loads of games at the end of the season.

  21. #50
    Coaching Staff brog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,141
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think they withdrew to play select games against opposition of their choosing. Think they have played Man City amongst others.......
    And, em, Brentford!

  22. #51
    Coaching Staff monktonharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    pleasant valley eh15
    Age
    64
    Posts
    9,998
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is the Stanley listed any relation to Luke Shanley
    Stanley Shanley? his Ma wouldnae call him that, would she? Nope. I know the Shanleys. Luke as well , and don't think so my friend.

  23. #52
    @hibs.net private member Deansy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpdhfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking at youth table no Rankers?
    Anybody no why.
    The Development League moved on .......................................

  24. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is the Stanley listed any relation to Luke Shanley
    No - great grandson of Stanley Matthews I believe.

  25. #54
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,384
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stanley Shanley? his Ma wouldnae call him that, would she? Nope. I know the Shanleys. Luke as well , and don't think so my friend.
    Shanley's from Leith ?

  26. #55
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    19,843
    2 excellent goals

    https://youtu.be/A4WCBhkXuc8

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved