hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Liam Miller

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does it really matter? Many cancer sufferers use the description themselves, if they believe it gives them inspiration or indeed helps those around them then that's what matters. My own Dad is battling terminal cancer right now and has been for over twelve months, it is a battle he can't win but hey ho never the less in his mind he is battling it.
    Totally agree with you, my wife is in the same boat, we live life in 3 month blocks, from 1 scan to the next.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Totally agree with you, my wife is in the same boat, we live life in 3 month blocks, from 1 scan to the next.
    I can't even begin to imagine/understand what you're going through, and others on this thread too, but I wish you all the very best. Raising awareness, raising funds and looking at prevention as well as cure, is something we should be doing as a society. I hope things go well for you all. It's such a sobering thread and makes you realise what's truly important in life.

Ive been where you are mate, ****ing horrible. Both of you keep strong, if you want someone to talk to, drop me a PM.

wishing you both the absolute best

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by heidtheba View Post
    I can't even begin to imagine/understand what you're going through, and others on this thread too, but I wish you all the very best. Raising awareness, raising funds and looking at prevention as well as cure, is something we should be doing as a society. I hope things go well for you all. It's such a sobering thread and makes you realise what's truly important in life.
    Thank you

good luck Liam.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Ive been where you are mate, ****ing horrible. Both of you keep strong, if you want someone to talk to, drop me a PM.

wishing you both the absolute best
    Thank you. I might well take you up on your offer, again thanks

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    That's a dreadful situation, Lago, and I'm very sorry to hear it. The stress must be horrendous.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    That's a dreadful situation, Lago, and I'm very sorry to hear it. The stress must be horrendous.
    Thank you, we manage but when we attend hospital for the scan results its a difficult time. I worry about what the inevitable outcome will have on our children & grandchildren, they adore their Mum/Gran.

Terrible for him and his family,3-0 v huns, gave a masterclass that night in prob his best game for Hibshttps://youtu.be/-qNtNd-D4rQ

Cancer is a horrible disease which attacks indiscriminately, young and old and I feel for anyone who has to deal with it, my thought to Liam and anyone else fighting this at the moment.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you, we manage but when we attend hospital for the scan results its a difficult time. I worry about what the inevitable outcome will have on our children & grandchildren, they adore their Mum/Gran.
    I am so very sorry to hear about your situation and those of others fighting this horrible disease.

I am confident though that the quiet dignity you have exhibited on this thread, and the courage of the man who stands behind those words, will stand you and your family in very good stead in all and any tribulations to come.

My very best wishes to you all and to all those suffering similar circumstances.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I empathise entirely.

It's almost a high to get a"no change" result, but it fades to fear as the next scan approaches. It's a tough existence.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I empathise entirely.

It's almost a high to get a"no change" result, but it fades to fear as the next scan approaches. It's a tough existence.

I'm going through the same process with my brother, its bad enough for me but I can only imagine the thoughts that will continually be with him.

Left by mutual consent!
    My thoughts and best-wishes go out to Liam and everyone afflicted by this evil illness !

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Going through the same thing with my Dad unfortunately. He was given months but so far he's fighting it well.

Scan to scan sums it up well though.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I empathise entirely.

You have described it exactly.

Thank you

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    I am so very sorry to hear about your situation and those of others fighting this horrible disease.

I am confident though that the quiet dignity you have exhibited on this thread, and the courage of the man who stands behind those words, will stand you and your family in very good stead in all and any tribulations to come.

My very best wishes to you all and to all those suffering similar circumstances.
    Thank you for your kind thoughts for myself & others going through the same experience.

@hibs.net private member
    My heart goes out to you and your family,Lago.
    In'92 when our son was 15 & daughter 13, my wife and I went through similar when she was diagnosed with breast cancer, and later with ovarian cancer and a brain tumour.
    Every hospital appointment/scan we attended over the years, we went hoping for the best but prepared for the worst.
    At the time I admired the way my wife coped with all that was happening to her, and that admiration for her is still with me.
    I, and many others on here, will be thinking of you, your wife and family. Stay strong my friend.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    My heart goes out to you and your family,Lago.
    In'92 when our son was 15 & daughter 13, my wife and I went through similar when she was diagnosed with breast cancer, and later with ovarian cancer and a brain tumour.
    Every hospital appointment/scan we attended over the years, we went hoping for the best but prepared for the worst.
    At the time I admired the way my wife coped with all that was happening to her, and that admiration for her is still with me.
    I, and many others on here, will be thinking of you, your wife and family. Stay strong my friend.
    23 years ago breast cancer diagnosed followed by surgery. Check ups for 5 years then all clear. 2years ago a persistent cough took my wife to our GP & the eventual out come was the cancer had returned & was in her lung, bones, liver. We were told right at the beginning there was no cure only life extension for a number of years. You will understand what it's like to explain to your children, tell grandchildren their Gran is just having a check up at hospital. But in the meantime life goes on. I've had so many kind thoughts from many on here.
    I thank you for yours.
    Last edited by Lago; 15-11-2017 at 09:07 PM.

23 years ago breast cancer diagnosed followed by surgery. Check ups for 5 years then all clear. 2years ago a persistent cough to my wife to our gp & the eventual out come Was The cancer had returned & was in her lung, bones, lever. We were told right at the beginning there was no cure only life extension for a number of years. You will understand what it's like to explain to your children, tell grandchildren their Gran is just having a check up at hospital. But in the meantime life goes on. I've had so many kind thoughts from many on here.
    I thank you for yours.
    Enjoy and cherish every moment you have together as a family unit Lago. My elderly mum was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in August and she was gone within three weeks. Life is precious and I wish you you all of my best wishes.....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Enjoy and cherish every moment you have together as a family unit Lago. My elderly mum was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in August and she was gone within three weeks. Life is precious and I wish you you all of my best wishes.....
    My dad was stage 4, 5 years ago and by some miricle he survived although life isn't the same he is still here, seen his grandchildren and despite lots of struggles ups and downs and emotions it can be done. Very best wishes Harry and I'm sorry for your mums passing. and to everyone in the predicament. Grandparents gran on one side one on the other both gone too. Praise can't go enough to Macmillan and the hospices too.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    How kind of you

Left by mutual consent!
    23 years ago breast cancer diagnosed followed by surgery. Check ups for 5 years then all clear. 2years ago a persistent cough took my wife to our GP & the eventual out come was the cancer had returned & was in her lung, bones, liver. We were told right at the beginning there was no cure only life extension for a number of years. You will understand what it's like to explain to your children, tell grandchildren their Gran is just having a check up at hospital. But in the meantime life goes on. I've had so many kind thoughts from many on here.
    I thank you for yours.
    So sorry Lago.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    My dad was stage 4, 5 years ago and by some miricle he survived although life isn't the same he is still here, seen his grandchildren and despite lots of struggles ups and downs and emotions it can be done. Very best wishes Harry and I'm sorry for your mums passing. and to everyone in the predicament. Grandparents gran on one side one on the other both gone too. Praise can't go enough to Macmillan and the hospices too.
    Thank you for that and I wish the best for you too. August was quite a month - back to Scotland twice in a matter of weeks, returned to Texas on the Saturday after the funeral and my house flooded due to Hurricane Harvey on the Monday. Quite a year in fact.....

Coaching Staff
    Can I just take this opportunity to thank everyone who has sent me their kind thoughts. I am by up bringing & nature a private person, in general not comfortable discussing my wife's illness, but in this situation I have found it something of a comfort.

Thank you all, it is much appreciated.