hibs.net Messageboard

Bad Parents Club

Eldest just came in from school complaining that he hadn't eaten as I'd not topped up his card. I remembered and forgot to do it on Monday and today🫣

Needless to say, he is not amused😂

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Maybe I'm Naive here to the problems that could be caused but surely there should be some sort of back up to that? A small "overdraft" facility on the card, or a way the school could cover the cost and be reimbursed.

I guess if he didn't tell anyone then the school wouldn't have known to do anything though.
    Mon the Hibs.

My daughter recently asked me for some money. Asked her what it was for and proceed to tell her no chance. Her reply "well you shouldn't have kids if you can't afford them".

One of lifes genuine WTF moments. She is 24 FFS. Has a descent job, lived at home rent free until recently moving out with her boyfriend (so two wages) and has daily use of the car without even thinking of putting any petrol in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My daughter recently asked me for some money. Asked her what it was for and proceed to tell her no chance. Her reply "well you shouldn't have kids if you can't afford them".

One of lifes genuine WTF moments. She is 24 FFS. Has a descent job, lived at home rent free until recently moving out with her boyfriend (so two wages) and has daily use of the car without even thinking of putting any petrol in it.
    You should have failed to top up her lunch card a couple of times growing up. Set the bar really low.

If I said that to my mother I’d be dodging a barrage of slippers and wooden spoons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a 5 year old scream at me 'you don't even like me do you? I wish I'd never been born' the other week.

My crime? Telling her she couldn't have a Babybel before bed because she had already brushed her teeth.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    If I said that to my mother I’d be dodging a barrage of slippers and wooden spoons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Another member of the wooden spoon club!!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

That response would really hack me off if my kid came out with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I had a 5 year old scream at me 'you don't even like me do you? I wish I'd never been born' the other week.

My crime? Telling her she couldn't have a Babybel before bed because she had already brushed her teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreHibs View Post
    Another member of the wooden spoon club!!
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    That response would really hack me off if my kid came out with that.
    I was genuinely gobsmacked when she hit out with. 24 years old lol. Changed days, that's for sure.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Out of interest, what was it for?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson