I was at the NZ v Peru game yesterday in Wellington and then went to the Phoenix v Glory game today. Went along thinking it’d be a bit of a brutal standard but wasn’t as bad as I’d expected. Phoenix won 5-2, despite going 1 nil down. Decent crowd of just over 6,000 and they even had their own drummer and singing section. In the 80th minute they all whipped their tops off - apparently it’s tradition if they are winning in the 80th minute they all go topless for the rest of the game haha.

My reason for posting though is I hadn’t realised they use video refs and both teams scored as a result of it. The first time was for Glory’s first goal. The keeper made a meal out of a pass back and in a scramble with the striker pushed the ball away with his hand. Play continued for about another 15 seconds and then it was pulled back and an Indirect free kick awarded which they scored from. Secondly, Phoenix scored a penalty awarded for a handball in the box. Again, play continued and then the ref called a halt and took about 2 full minutes to decide that it was in fact a pen.

In the end, both decisions were correct but I just don’t like it. I think it takes away from the rawness of th game. Hope it doesn’t come anywhere near Scotland.