hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was, but obviously his brain injury stopped him too early in his career.
    Yeah, shame what happened to him. He arguably won the first Eubank fight and was winning the second up until the shot that ended his career. Knocked out Benn and had a great technical battle with the brilliant Mike McCallum who masterfully broke him down stopping him in the 11th.
    Last edited by Anti-hoofbaw; 14-11-2017 at 12:40 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-hoofbaw View Post
    Yeah, shame what happened to him. He arguably won the first Eubank fight and was winning the second up until the shot that ended his career. Knocked out Benn and had a great technical battle with the brilliant Mike McCallum who masterfully broke him down stopping him in the 11th.
    There was so many great fights in that weight division around that time. Benn against McCallum was also a great fight. It was those fights that really got me into boxing.

United we stand here....

Ricky Hatton,Joe Calzaghe and Lennox Lewis were favourites of mine also Manny Pacquaio was tremendous to watch in his prime,hes went on too long now right enough.De la hoya was great as well. Love Josh Taylor right now seems a good bloke also.

There was so many great fights in that weight division around that time. Benn against McCallum was also a great fight. It was those fights that really got me into boxing.
    Benn didn't fight Mike McCallum, mate. You'll be thinking of Gerald Mcclellan. Benn vs G-man is one of the best fights I've ever seen. Shame that ended similar to Eubank vs Watson II with Mcclellan suffering serious brain damage.
    Mike McCallum beat another great brit in Herol Graham in the late 80's. Mike was something else.
    It's a shame we never got to see James Toney vs Benn or Eubank. Toney vs Benn especially would've been epic and guaranteed fireworks due to their styles.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-hoofbaw View Post
    Benn didn't fight Mike McCallum, mate. You'll be thinking of Gerald Mcclellan. Benn vs G-man is one of the best fights I've ever seen. Shame that ended similar to Eubank vs Watson II with Mcclellan suffering serious brain damage.
    Mike McCallum beat another great brit in Herol Graham in the late 80's. Mike was something else.
    It's a shame we never got to see James Toney vs Benn or Eubank. Toney vs Benn especially would've been epic and guaranteed fireworks due to their styles.
    That’s the one I was thinking off. I remember Benn being knocked down in that fight and almost falling out of the ring. Not many fighters would’ve won after that.

United we stand here....

That’s the one I was thinking off. I remember Benn being knocked down in that fight and almost falling out of the ring. Not many fighters would’ve won after that.
    It happened right at the start of the first round as well. I agree, not many would have won after that, especially against a huge puncher like G-Man.

The 80’s were all about the Fab Four
    Duran, Hearns, Hagler & Leonard.
    The latter being the one I loved watching most, world titles in 5 weight divisions. A real natural fighter in every aspect.
    Check this cocky amateur !! 😳

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.d...land-video/amp