hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She said: "I am sure Alex's show will make interesting viewing - however, his choice of channel would not have been my choice."

Such stinging criticism.
    Did I say it was stinging? Itís remarkable that she said anything at all, itís very rare they disagree on anything in public.
    You arenít covering yourself in glory here R.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Pathetic argument and you know it. Do you really never see no wrong at all in anything the SNP do, are they like gods to you? Do you realise you actually put people off independence with your attitude. It's like a cult to you? #brainwashed
    How ironic you criticising Ronaldo for being brainwashed.

When do you ever see anything good in what the SNP do?

If he's brainwashed, then no more than you.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Did I say it was stinging? Itís remarkable that she said anything at all, itís very rare they disagree on anything in public.
    Neither are you. You know full well her comments have been completely over egged by a hostile press but can't bring yourself to admit it.

@hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post

I will at least admit it when I see some good, like extending the free child care for families in Scotland or their policies on LBGT. See I am saying that's good. I might be mistaken but have we ever seen R7 say anything SNP is bad, ever?

Arrow

Neither are you. You know full well her comments have been completely over egged by a hostile press but can't bring yourself to admit it.
    Eh? This really is getting silly now. Why should I admit anything? I’ve mentioned that our First Minister has raised her eyebrows at this. That’s fact isn’t it?
    Last edited by marinello59; 12-11-2017 at 03:37 PM.

I will at least admit it when I see some good, like extending the free child care for families in Scotland or their policies on LBGT. See I am saying that's good. I might be mistaken but have we ever seen R7 say anything SNP is bad, ever?
    Both disingenuous and patronising all in a few short sentences.

Eh? This really is getting silly now. Why should I admit anything? I’ve mentioned that our First Minister has raised her eyebrows at this. That’s fact isn’t it?
    Why is it silly when someone is merely is taking you to task on your comments?

Initially you said NS had criticised AS, when all she said was that RT wouldn't have been her choice of channel.

R7 is correct, hardly stinging criticism. More like (as you now say yourself) a raise of the eyebrows.
    Last edited by allmodcons; 12-11-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Why is it silly when someone is merely is taking you to task on your comments?

Initially you said NS had criticised AS, when all she said was that RT wouldn't have been her choice of channel.

R7 is correct, hardly stinging criticism. More like (as you now say yourself) a raise of the eyebrows.
    Which comment are you actually taking me to task on?
    R7 mentioned stinging criticism. I never did at any point.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Still waiting for your list of approved media organisations that would be acceptable for AS to host a chat show on. I think your problem is with AS or the SNP and not his choice of platform. If that's the case then by all means criticise them, this faux pas outrage at RT is embarrassingly hypocritical.
    How about any that arent a front for exapnsionist, aggressive, authoritarian regimes that suppresses opposition and has dissidents imprisoned and murdered, at least as a starting point.

Anyone that cant or wont, see that the choice of broacaster is dubious at best, is either stupid or being willfully obtuse.

Testimonial Due

So you really dont see anything wrong with this? You really think this is a move without any dubiety?

How would you react if tony blair began a light entertainment show on Israeli state tv? Or if Thatcher had had gone on chilean state tv for an hour of light-hearted banter during thr Pinochet regime - would you defend that?

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    How about any that arent a front for exapnsionist, aggressive, authoritarian regimes that suppresses opposition and has dissidents imprisoned and murdered, at least as a starting point.

Anyone that cant or wont, see that the choice of broacaster is dubious at best, is either stupid or being willfully obtuse.
    If I want your opinion I'll rattle your cage.

Every broadcaster will be dubious to someone. Let's face it the only way for him to avoid criticism about the platform he chooses would be to start his own, even then he'd take stick. Let's not pretend that this faux pas outrage is about anything other than about AS.

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Nah GG has been on it since its inception
    GG, a Scottish separatist? Every days a school day

She raised her eye brows then. You're doing so well here.

@hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Still waiting for your list of approved media organisations that would be acceptable for AS to host a chat show on. I think your problem is with AS or the SNP and not his choice of platform. If that's the case then by all means criticise them, this faux pas outrage at RT is embarrassingly hypocritical.
    The show sounds perfect for Channel 5 with its mix of current affairs, showbiz news and sport. Perfect for the mid-morning slot? Is that ok, or whats wrong with CH5 (other than being crap) have they been up to no good as well?

SNP BAD

Land reform, where they should be moving faster imo. The Green policies on this are good. Not taxing the rich more aggressively, but they're getting there with that one. A national Investment bank should have been set up sooner, but once again they're getting there. They should have removed the charitable status of private schools, still no movement on this.

That should be enough to be getting on with.

Happy to help.

#freethebrainwashedone

Testimonial Due
    If I want your opinion I'll rattle your cage.

Every broadcaster will be dubious to someone. Let's face it the only way for him to avoid criticism about the platform he chooses would be to start his own, even then he'd take stick. Let's not pretend that this faux pas outrage is about anything other than about AS.
    Indont dount at least, some of it is anti-salmond stuff - people with old scores, people who dont like him, people who just want a cheap headline.

But that doesnt take away from the fact that it is a strange choice, one born oit of desperation or a desire to provoke controversy, and adds an air of legitimacy to a very dodgy regime, the kind of regime i would have thought most, if not all, on here would disapprove of.

How would people feel if blair had a light entertainment programme on a channel promoting the state of israel amd its views, or if thatcher had gone on chilean state tv for an hour of light hearted banter on pinochet's pet channel?

So yeah, a lot of the criticism may be politicians playing politics, or anti-Salmond. But i would also argie the crux of it is right, that as former first minister of this country amd one of contemporary scotlands most important figures, he probably shouldnt be debasing himself by endorsing, tacitly or explicitly, a murderous regime currently waging war near the borders or the EU, threatening fellow european member states, persecuting gay people, dissidents, amd literally, murdering journalists.

She raised her eye brows then. You're doing so well here.
    Itís a figure of speech but you know that. Sad sad stuff from you now.

Itís a figure of speech but you know that. Sad sad stuff from you now.
    Just imagine the "criticism", when AS starts reviewing the papers with Rev Stu, Wee ginger dug, and Ponsonby. Apoplectic won't even touch it.

Just imagine the "criticism", when AS starts reviewing the papers with Rev Stu, Wee ginger dug, and Ponsonby. Apoplectic won't even touch it.
    If it helps you to understand your world then carry on pretending thatís there was no criticism from Sturgeon on Salmondís choice of channel. Iíve never said it was stinging etc you ramped that up so you could pour on ridicule rather than deal with the facts.
    You must agree though that for Sturgeon to say anything at all that could be construed as critical of any SNP member, let alone Salmond , is rare. That makes it worth commenting on doesnít it?

If it helps you to understand your world then carry on pretending thatís there was no criticism from Sturgeon on Salmondís choice of channel. Iíve never said it was stinging etc you ramped that up so you could pour on ridicule rather than deal with the facts.
    You must agree though that for Sturgeon to say anything at all that could be construed as critical of any SNP member, let alone Salmond , is rare. That makes it worth commenting on doesnít it?
    It's a small storm in a tea cup, but it's been a hoot watching the MSM get their knickers in a twist about it, and some on here of course,

If this is the best she could come up with when "criticising" AS, then, I'm sure he's got a bit more to do to be severely censured.

"I am sure Alex's show will make interesting viewing - however, his choice of channel would not have been my choice."

It's powder puff stuff, but you wouldn't think so looking at the Yoon press.

She's slapped him down, slammed him, and laid into the former leader, according to the press.

Forgive me if I revert to type and give that lot a wide body swerve.

The show sounds perfect for Channel 5 with its mix of current affairs, showbiz news and sport. Perfect for the mid-morning slot? Is that ok, or whats wrong with CH5 (other than being crap) have they been up to no good as well?
    He might as well have an hour on QVC, they can hardly be described as having an international audience with around a 4% share of UK viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    He's spot on. He forgot to mention that his unofficial biographer, David Torrance, is a hypocrite too -

https://youtu.be/CuKpPyE3CXs

It's only attention seeking when Salmond does it
    This David Torrance

farage and Torrance.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Indont dount at least, some of it is anti-salmond stuff - people with old scores, people who dont like him, people who just want a cheap headline.

But that doesnt take away from the fact that it is a strange choice, one born oit of desperation or a desire to provoke controversy, and adds an air of legitimacy to a very dodgy regime, the kind of regime i would have thought most, if not all, on here would disapprove of.

How would people feel if blair had a light entertainment programme on a channel promoting the state of israel amd its views, or if thatcher had gone on chilean state tv for an hour of light hearted banter on pinochet's pet channel?

So yeah, a lot of the criticism may be politicians playing politics, or anti-Salmond. But i would also argie the crux of it is right, that as former first minister of this country amd one of contemporary scotlands most important figures, he probably shouldnt be debasing himself by endorsing, tacitly or explicitly, a murderous regime currently waging war near the borders or the EU, threatening fellow european member states, persecuting gay people, dissidents, amd literally, murdering journalists.
    Again, there's no end of criticism could be made of nearly all major tv networks. However I must admit I raised an eyebrow at his choice.

Testimonial Due
    Again, there's no end of criticism could be made of nearly all major tv networks. However I must admit I raised an eyebrow at his choice.
    We van agree to agree 😊

It's a small storm in a tea cup, but it's been a hoot watching the MSM get their knickers in a twist about it, and some on here of course,

If this is the best she could come up with when "criticising" AS, then, I'm sure he's got a bit more to do to be severely censured.

"I am sure Alex's show will make interesting viewing - however, his choice of channel would not have been my choice."

She's slapped him down, slammed him, and laid into the former leader, according to the press.

I agree, it is a bit of a storm in a teacup. I doubt that many will tune in anyway.

What's your own personal view on AS agreeing to work with RT?

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    What's your own personal view on AS agreeing to work with RT?
    Eye raised a brow.

I'm just wondering when the faux outrage on the London Evening Standard owner, Alexander Lebedev(former KGB agent) will be getting pelters, the same paper which, George Osborne, Edits.

Or when the Independent is going to be taken off the shelves as it owned by Lebedev too.

More power to your elbow Mr Salmondski. I'll only be happy when he gets a slot on Fox, just for balance likes.
    Last edited by ronaldo7; 12-11-2017 at 08:08 PM.

I agree, it is a bit of a storm in a teacup. I doubt that many will tune in anyway.
    The MSM have boosted his ratings over the last couple of days.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Take the politics out and he is Nigel Farage with a different accent.
    Nope. Not even close.

J