hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As I said earlier they too are endorsing the channel. If it's so bad they should have the balls to boycott it.

For what it's worth, I never said or even suggested it was an anti SNP stance. That's just you falling into a hole you created yourself.
    You make a fair point about them all endorsing it - politicians being duplicitous and hypocritical eh, whod have thunk it. I wouldnt saynthe two are the same though, mostly because interviewees and comment will *generally* not receive payment, while presumably samlmond amd tasmina are.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    You have wee ginger dug speaking for you now? You really should try and find your own voice.
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    Personally, I'm neither here nor there with regards to RT or Sputnik (Russian state funded radio station based in Edinburgh), because I believe most media outlets have their own agenda.

I cannot stand hypocrisy though - a number of Scottish Lib Dems have appeared on Sputnik (Carmichael, Cole-Hamilton)!

And Ruth Davidson has been attacking the SNP with this too, she's been on on Sputnik twice.

As has Patrick Harvie, and numerous Tory, Labour and SNP MPs have appeared on RT.

So, surely the folk that have a problem with Russian state media should be slating these folk too? Is there an ulterior motive?
    Any smidgeon of opportunity is taken to beat the drum against the Scottish government and all that support it. Pathetic,it'd be a non story if was an ex labour or Tory mp.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Any smidgeon of opportunity is taken to beat the drum against the Scottish government and all that support it. Pathetic,it'd be a non story if was an ex labour or Tory mp.
    Dunno thats true - there was a fair old media backlash against George Osborne when he took up his new role.

Plus Salmond isnt just an ex MP / MSP - hes an ex First Minister and one of the most high profile, significamt amd recognisable figures in modern Scottish history.
    Last edited by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy; 12-11-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    The First Minister has criticised him for this. Does she have a pathetic anti-Scottish Goverment agenda?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

The First Minister has criticised him for this. Does she have a pathetic anti-Scottish Goverment agenda?

Or is it that some just simply cannot tolerate any criticism of the SNP/Salmond/sturgeon?

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Ive no idea what you are talking about.

Go and ask whoever's opinion your peddling to make it clearer for you.
    You might have met them, but you don't actually know them, do you? You wouldn't be calling someone a nippy sweety if you did.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    You might have met them, but you don't actually know them, do you? You wouldn't be calling someone a nippy sweety if you did.
    No, i dont know either of them personally.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Or is it that some just simply cannot tolerate any criticism of the SNP/Salmond/sturgeon?
    Surely there is opinions and then there is constructive criticism.

NS is quite right to have an opinion and totally entitled to express a view. That, however, is completely different from the faux outrage of opposition politicians and media outlets who have an anti SNP agenda and individuals, some on here, who simply hate AS.

The media, in general, these days is nothing short of embarrassing. Does anybody seriously believe that the Daily Mail, Daily Express, Telegraph and Times doesn't have a terribly skewed political agenda? For what it's worth, this is why I don't buy The National (i.e. - there is no balance).

Even NS comments have been overstated by the press in a sad attempt to 'report' the issue as some kind of major split in the SNP.

Whilst it is obvious that NS does not have anti-Scottish Government agenda, by the same token it is 100% obvious to anybody watching that others do.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Surely there is opinions and then there is constructive criticism.

NS is quite right to have an opinion and totally entitled to express a view. That, however, is completely different from the faux outrage of opposition politicians and media outlets who have an anti SNP agenda and individuals, some on here, who simply hate AS.

The media, in general, these days is nothing short of embarrassing. Does anybody seriously believe that the Daily Mail, Daily Express, Telegraph and Times doesn't have a terribly skewed political agenda? For what it's worth, this is why I don't buy The National (i.e. - there is no balance).

Even NS comments have been overstated by the press in a sad attempt to 'report' the issue as some kind of major split in the SNP.

Whilst it is obvious that NS does not have anti-Scottish Government agenda, by the same token it is 100% obvious to anybody watching that others do.
    I think you are right, most of the media have a political leaning - although im not sure the Times is that overt- but i stand to be corrected on that.

But its politics, and Salmond and his party would made as much hay had it been the other way around.

He is also not daft enough to not know that his move would be controversial. Perhaps thats part of his plan...

I read a David Torrance article about it, amd he finished with the Oscar Wilde quote about the only thing worse than being talked about... seems quite appropriate here.
    Last edited by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy; 12-11-2017 at 08:52 AM.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    With Westminster politicians having taken up residency in their droves as political columnists in every distasteful newspaper you can think of, I find it incredibly amusing that folks are frothing at the mouth about wee Eck taking up the post of host in a light entertainment show that will more than likely have as much to do with politics as strictly come dancing.

@hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    With Westminster politicians having taken up residency in their droves as political columnists in every distasteful newspaper you can think of, I find it incredibly amusing that folks are frothing at the mouth about wee Eck taking up the post of host in a light entertainment show that will more than likely have as much to do with politics as strictly come dancing.
    Not many take the coin from Russian state sponsored television stations do they. Russia not really the bastion of human rights and free speech is it. He is obviously comfortable at his association with that regime which from his previous rhetoric some people find a little odd, including Nicola Sturgeon.

If anything it shows Salmond is just like all the others you reference above.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Love the fact that the author managed to get in a link between the intelligence services and the independence campaign, he really believes that MI6 rigged it. Brilliant.
    And that it's OK to be a propaganda outfit as long as you are open and honest about it...now there is an oxymoron if ever I have seen one!

Not many take the coin from Russian state sponsored television stations do they. Russia not really the bastion of human rights and free speech is it. He is obviously comfortable at his association with that regime which from his previous rhetoric some people find a little odd, including Nicola Sturgeon.

If anything it shows Salmond is just like all the others you reference above.
    Just out of interest, what media organisations would you recommend to fine upstanding potential show hosts who don't want to get their whiter than white images tainted?

Love the fact that the author managed to get in a link between the intelligence services and the independence campaign, he really believes that MI6 rigged it. Brilliant.
    If you really believe that the UK's intelligence agencies weren't keeping a close eye on an event that could possibly have meant the end of the UK then you're being naive.

AS gives it to the MSM, and the hypocritical politicians who've taken the Russian rouble. Well done Eck.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1...39_/?ref=fbshr

First Team Breakthrough
    AS gives it to the MSM, and the hypocritical politicians who've taken the Russian rouble. Well done Eck.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1...39_/?ref=fbshr
    He's spot on. He forgot to mention that his unofficial biographer, David Torrance, is a hypocrite too -

https://youtu.be/CuKpPyE3CXs

It's only attention seeking when Salmond does it

So because everyone else did it, it's fine for him to do it. There is a significant difference between an interview and actually working for them and being paid for it.

Both sides will see what they want, I get that but Salmond seems to have a large ego and it looks like the only place to satisfy that is in bed with the Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    If you really believe that the UK's intelligence agencies weren't keeping a close eye on an event that could possibly have meant the end of the UK then you're being naive.
    Keeping a close eye is different to fixing it, do you believe they fixed it?

Keeping a close eye is different to fixing it, do you believe they fixed it?
    Let's put it this way. If they weren't influencing an event that could have potentially ended the UK as state, then they weren't doing that what they are there to do.

I've no idea what part our intelligence agencies played during the run up to and during the referendum, but to think they were not involved in any way is naive. At the very least they will have been a source of information for the government when dictating policy and tactics.

So because everyone else did it, it's fine for him to do it. There is a significant difference between an interview and actually working for them and being paid for it.

Both sides will see what they want, I get that but Salmond seems to have a large ego and it looks like the only place to satisfy that is in bed with the Russians.

"Working for them"

Are you sure about this? What, and who's being paid, and how much?

She said: "I am sure Alex's show will make interesting viewing - however, his choice of channel would not have been my choice."

Such stinging criticism.

"Working for them"

Are you sure about this? What, and who's being paid, and how much?
    Sorry I assumed the "Alex Salmond Show" produced by his own production company would be looking for some kind of payment, are they doing it for free?

Sorry I assumed the "Alex Salmond Show" produced by his own production company would be looking for some kind of payment, are they doing it for free?
    So, he's not working for them, then. Make up your mind.

I'm sure Slainte Media will be paid, and AS will syphon his share to an appropriate charity, as he normally does.
    Last edited by ronaldo7; 12-11-2017 at 12:47 PM.

So, he's not working for them, then. Make up your mind.

I'm sure Slainte Media will be paid, and AS will syphon his share to an appropriate charity, as he normally does.
    Pathetic argument and you know it. Do you really never see no wrong at all in anything the SNP do, are they like gods to you? Do you realise you actually put people off independence with your attitude. It's like a cult to you? #brainwashed

Pathetic argument and you know it. Do you really never see no wrong at all in anything the SNP do, are they like gods to you? Do you realise you actually put people off independence with your attitude. It's like a cult to you? #brainwashed
    You can't have it both ways, he's either working for them, or he's not. Which one do you choose? Or did you just make it up.

You can't have it both ways, he's either working for them, or he's not. Which one do you choose? Or did you just make it up.
    Again pathetic, your embarrassing yourself now.

Again pathetic, your embarrassing yourself now.

The first bit in bold...A daily mail hack would have been delighted with that strap line.
    Last edited by ronaldo7; 12-11-2017 at 01:10 PM.

Still waiting for your list of approved media organisations that would be acceptable for AS to host a chat show on. I think your problem is with AS or the SNP and not his choice of platform. If that's the case then by all means criticise them, this faux pas outrage at RT is embarrassingly hypocritical.

Russian tv is only Kremlin propaganda when a Scottish separatist is on it. When the right wing Tories are on, it's ok.

You couldn't make it up.
    Nah GG has been on it since its inception