hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aww no. Somebody should send her a link to wings.
    I suspect some Twitter folk’s heads will explode trying to reconcile their natural instinct to defend Salmond at all costs with following the party line.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Sturgeon not a fan of Salmond cosying up to the Putin government’s TV channel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-41941359
    As is her right, just like it's his to do the job.

Aww no. Somebody should send her a link to wings.
    Yawn.

@hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    We hear from some on here that the BBC is biased and pro-unionist, we should not trust the MSM as they make stuff up and only report one side of the story, sound familiar from some on here? Yet when Salmond works for the Russian state controlled TV station, funded by the Russian Government and set up by Putin no less, its all good and people need to open their mind to alternative media outlets. You could not make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    We hear from some on here that the BBC is biased and pro-unionist, we should not trust the MSM as they make stuff up and only report one side of the story, sound familiar from some on here? Yet when Salmond works for the Russian state controlled TV station, funded by the Russian Government and set up by Putin no less, its all good and people need to open their mind to alternative media outlets. You could not make it up.
    Russian tv is only Kremlin propaganda when a Scottish separatist is on it. When the right wing Tories are on, it's ok.

You couldn't make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Russian tv is only Kremlin propaganda when a Scottish separatist is on it. When the right wing Tories are on, it's ok.

You couldn't make it up.
    It will generally promote views favourable to Putin no matter who is on it. All the whataboutery going on here doesn’t change that.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Who's suggesting RT is all good and how can you judge a once weekly one hour show that hasn't been broadcast yet?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Who's suggesting RT is all good and how can you judge a once weekly one hour show that hasn't been broadcast yet?
    In terms of the actual show, it is made by Salmond’s production company and sent to the channel. Personally I couldn’t care less about Salmond, he’s irrelevant to the SNP these days. I like him as a man and I’ll watch his show.

GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

Testimonial Due
    Have you ever met any of them?
    Yeah, both.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    without doubting the truth of this, I also know he can be charm personified for anyone (including someone doing work him and their spouse which I have very close knowledge of), without getting any personal gain from it (beyond the possibility of engratiating himself with a voter or 2).

im sure every politician worth their salt can be charming and personable with whomever they wish, part of the job description.
    Absolutely, thats kinda my point - his flaws make him seem more real.

Testimonial Due
    More importantly, and pertinantly, its a station fronting a regime that kills journalists.

Personally i dont care if salmond does it, but he has to accept that he will be slated for it.

Willie Rennie opened his leaders' speech at lib dem conference today with an attack on him for it. Not that one politician attacking another necessarily means anything, although stopped clocks and all that.
    Last edited by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy; 11-11-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I suspect some Twitter folk’s heads will explode trying to reconcile their natural instinct to defend Salmond at all costs with following the party line.
    Is that not called cognitive dissonance?

I can imagine some cybernats not a million miles from here wondering how to reconcile the two views!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    More importantly, and pertinantly, its a station fronting a regime that kills journalists.

Personally i dont care if salmond does it, but he has to accept that he will be slated for it.

Willie Rennie opened his leaders' speech at lib dem conference today with an attack on him for it. Not that one politician attacking another necessarily means anything, although stopped clocks and all that.
    Personally, I'm neither here nor there with regards to RT or Sputnik (Russian state funded radio station based in Edinburgh), because I believe most media outlets have their own agenda.

I cannot stand hypocrisy though - a number of Scottish Lib Dems have appeared on Sputnik (Carmichael, Cole-Hamilton)!

And Ruth Davidson has been attacking the SNP with this too, she's been on on Sputnik twice.

As has Patrick Harvie, and numerous Tory, Labour and SNP MPs have appeared on RT.

So, surely the folk that have a problem with Russian state media should be slating these folk too? Is there an ulterior motive?
    Last edited by Mr Grieves; 11-11-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Funny that. According to Mark Hirst, Willie Rennie was "very eager" to provide his mobile number to Sputnik News for interview only last year.

Sadly for Willie, David Steel, Michael Moore & Alistair Carmichael were all ahead of him in the Lid Dem queue.

What a hypocrite.
    Last edited by allmodcons; 11-11-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    If I understood the trailer correctly then the programme will be nothing more than light entertainment anyway. It's hardly going to be cold war Pravda.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    If I understood the trailer correctly then the programme will be nothing more than light entertainment anyway. It's hardly going to be cold war Pravda.
    "Close to treason" according to our impartial press

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Salmond’s presence and former status does endorse the channel though which is probably why Sturgeon thinks it’s not ideal.

Testimonial Due
    Funny that. According to Mark Hirst, Willie Rennie was "very eager" to provide his mobile number to Sputnik News for interview only last year.

Sadly for Willie, David Steel, Michael Moore & Alistair Carmichael were all ahead of him in the Lid Dem queue.

What a hypocrite.
    I dont doubt that - but appearing on a news programme for comment is not the same as hosting a show on a channel.

But i genuinely dont mind, i dont think i even habe RT, but i dont think the two things are equivalent.

Anyway, Sturgeon obviously thinks its a bad idea - so its hardly an anti-SNP stance to take.

Salmond’s presence and former status does endorse the channel though which is probably why Sturgeon thinks it’s not ideal.
    Stating the obvious I'd say. Presumably, anybody who appears on RT is endorsing the channel. Why is there such an uproar when it's AS?

I dunno, its a weird one.

Hes clearly very arrogant, self important, narcissistic and i habe heard from people who have worked for him, a bit of bellend to work for.

But i kinda dont care if our leaders are nice people, i want them to be effective leaders - and i think he was, easily our finest first minister. Regardless of party politics, i think a good leader can still reach those not of their 'tribe' - and he did that in a way that others, particuarly our current FM, cannot.

Also, i dont mind leaders having vices and flaws - it makes them seem more normal, more human. I can imagine you could have a blether with him about fitba or horses etc - hes not a robotic oxbridge type, nor a nippy wee sweetie with a weegie chip on her shoulder.
    Yeah, both.
    Thanks for that, I'm not sure if you were with them for a prolonged period of time, or just a meet and greet, I need to feed back to the hierarchy what Nicola can do better. I'm sure you can help in this matter.

Thanks in anticipation...

I dont doubt that - but appearing on a news programme for comment is not the same as hosting a show on a channel.

But i genuinely dont mind, i dont think i even habe RT, but i dont think the two things are equivalent.

Anyway, Sturgeon obviously thinks its a bad idea - so its hardly an anti-SNP stance to take.
    As I said earlier they too are endorsing the channel. If it's so bad they should have the balls to boycott it.

For what it's worth, I never said or even suggested it was an anti SNP stance. That's just you falling into a hole you created yourself.

Isn't it wonderful that in 2017, Britain, Alex Salmond, can generate more traffic, than the Foreign minister, who's left a young mother in Jail for more time than she needed to be.

That's what it means to be Better Together eh.

You've got to wonder who the **** registered this lot to broadcast in the UK?
    Last edited by ronaldo7; 11-11-2017 at 08:25 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Isn't it wonderful that in 2017, Britain, Alex Salmond, can generate more traffic, than the Foreign minister, who's left a young mother in Jail for more time than she needed to be.

That's what it means to be Better Together eh.
    What a tenuous and tedious link.

As for AS...he's what the older generation might call an auld blawbag...so amazingly I'll not be watching.

I'd also contest that appearing on a channel to provide comment is the same as endorsing a channel, taking it's coin for your own production may be a touch more significant but I'm not sure even that could be considered an endorsement, especially if they have had no creative or editorial oversight.

So for me it another non story, move on and really do our politicians have nothing better to do than spew forth fake outrage and moral abhorrence over a TV show that no one will watch hosted by someone who most have heard enough of already?

Oh and he's a Yam. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    What a tenuous and tedious link.

As for AS...he's what the older generation might call an auld blawbag...so amazingly I'll not be watching.

I'd also contest that appearing on a channel to provide comment is the same as endorsing a channel, taking it's coin for your own production may be a touch more significant but I'm not sure even that could be considered an endorsement, especially if they have had no creative or editorial oversight.

So for me it another non story, move on and really do our politicians have nothing better to do than spew forth fake outrage and moral abhorrence over a TV show that no one will watch hosted by someone who most have heard enough of already?

Oh and he's a Yam. Nuff said.
    Aye right, I'm just on the blower to Auld Foulkesy, dinnae haud yer breath.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Close to treason" according to our impartial press
    I like that. The more ludicrous they get the more the hoi polloi will get the message that these newspapers are purveyors of utter trash. Keep it up, boys

Wee Ginger dug does the business once more.

https://t.co/orxkwFlqir

The editor of The National is often asked by the BBC for the contact details of National writers so that they can appear on the Beeb when a pro-independence commentator is required to be outnumbered by three or four Unionists. He always gives them my details, as I live in Glasgow, and as well as writing for The National I have a degree of prominence within the independence campaign. Not once have the BBC ever contacted me with a view to putting across the pro-indy view on one of their programmes. And it’s unlikely that they ever will, since I’m one of those people that former BBC Scotland boss Ken McQuarrie once referred to as “those *******s from Newsnet”. I wear this as a badge of pride. Russian TV wouldn’t have been my choice, but it’s hardly surprising that some people in the independence movement look elsewhere for the platform which is so blatantly and obviously denied to us by the British media.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What a hypocrite.
    Willie Rennie is a plunger.

@hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Love the fact that the author managed to get in a link between the intelligence services and the independence campaign, he really believes that MI6 rigged it. Brilliant.

Wee Ginger dug does the business once more.

https://t.co/orxkwFlqir

The editor of The National is often asked by the BBC for the contact details of National writers so that they can appear on the Beeb when a pro-independence commentator is required to be outnumbered by three or four Unionists. He always gives them my details, as I live in Glasgow, and as well as writing for The National I have a degree of prominence within the independence campaign. Not once have the BBC ever contacted me with a view to putting across the pro-indy view on one of their programmes. And it’s unlikely that they ever will, since I’m one of those people that former BBC Scotland boss Ken McQuarrie once referred to as “those *******s from Newsnet”. I wear this as a badge of pride. Russian TV wouldn’t have been my choice, but it’s hardly surprising that some people in the independence movement look elsewhere for the platform which is so blatantly and obviously denied to us by the British media.
    You have wee ginger dug speaking for you now? You really should try and find your own voice.

Testimonial Due
    Thanks for that, I'm not sure if you were with them for a prolonged period of time, or just a meet and greet, I need to feed back to the hierarchy what Nicola can do better. I'm sure you can help in this matter.

Thanks in anticipation...
    Ive no idea what you are talking about.

Go and ask whoever's opinion your peddling to make it clearer for you.