hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The Alex Salmond Show

The Alex Salmond Show on RT. Yuk !

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...an-broadcaster

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    I guess he has to make a ruble these days, no longer gets a MP salary. Strange choice though, or maybe that was the only offer.

Would it have been less Yuk on State Broadcaster BBC?

Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess he has to make a ruble these days, no longer gets a MP salary. Strange choice though, or maybe that was the only offer.
    His production company punted it around and couldn't get space on the British airwaves.

Testimonial Due
    Hes got a very expensive gambling habit to fund (allegedly...) and a very large to ego that needs fed.

That being said, there is still something quite likeable about him i think.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Hes got a very expensive gambling habit to fund (allegedly...) and a very large to ego that needs fed.

That being said, there is still something quite likeable about him i think.
    What would that something be ?

No doubt it will be an hour of self importance and self promotion, but he's never missed and hit the wall in the past, so could be entertaining.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    I think I'll be giving that a miss.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

It might be interesting - more interesting than most of the anodyne s**** on TV these days.

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    The #AlexSalmondShow will premiere on the 16th November on RT, with new episodes weekly. RT is available in the UK on Freeview channel 234, Sky channel 512 and Freesat channel 206.

I suppose he could have done Bake off...

Happy to help.
    Last edited by ronaldo7; 10-11-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    It might be interesting - more interesting than most of the anodyne s**** on TV these days.
    Take the politics out and he is Nigel Farage with a different accent.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

It's time to play the music. It's time to light the lights.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    ??

I don't even know this makes sense. So, take the political view points away and he's Farage, only he's not?

Nous sommes toutes Farage.

First Team Breakthrough lgnsh70's Avatar
    I'd have to agree with this and say he's not playing to the fiddle of every Joe and only those we didn't consider before. RT is a different audience indeed. Quite unbelievable really.

GGTTH

@hibs.net proletariat member Pete's Avatar
    Quite like RT as they always either talk about stuff that others donít, or they hold the opposite opinions they have on popular topics.

I watch them all (Sky, RT, BBC etc...) create an imaginary middle ground based on all thatís been presented and take that as being pretty close to the truth on most matters.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    What would that something be ?
    I dunno, its a weird one.

Hes clearly very arrogant, self important, narcissistic and i habe heard from people who have worked for him, a bit of bellend to work for.

But i kinda dont care if our leaders are nice people, i want them to be effective leaders - and i think he was, easily our finest first minister. Regardless of party politics, i think a good leader can still reach those not of their 'tribe' - and he did that in a way that others, particuarly our current FM, cannot.

Also, i dont mind leaders having vices and flaws - it makes them seem more normal, more human. I can imagine you could have a blether with him about fitba or horses etc - hes not a robotic oxbridge type, nor a nippy wee sweetie with a weegie chip on her shoulder.

Hes clearly very arrogant, self important, narcissistic and i habe heard from people who have worked for him, a bit of bellend to work for.

But i kinda dont care if our leaders are nice people, i want them to be effective leaders - and i think he was, easily our finest first minister. Regardless of party politics, i think a good leader can still reach those not of their 'tribe' - and he did that in a way that others, particuarly our current FM, cannot.

Also, i dont mind leaders having vices and flaws - it makes them seem more normal, more human. I can imagine you could have a blether with him about fitba or horses etc - hes not a robotic oxbridge type, nor a nippy wee sweetie with a weegie chip on her shoulder.
    Have you ever met any of them?
    Last edited by ronaldo7; 11-11-2017 at 10:23 AM.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Quite like RT as they always either talk about stuff that others donít, or they hold the opposite opinions they have on popular topics.

I watch them all (Sky, RT, BBC etc...) create an imaginary middle ground based on all thatís been presented and take that as being pretty close to the truth on most matters.
    The thing about RT is that it gives you the other side of the coin and some perspective on the crap issued from opposing factions in the propaganda war.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Brings different arguments to the table, instead of the monthly crap about Royal babies etc

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    The #AlexSalmondShow will premiere on the 16th November on RT, with new episodes weekly. RT is available in the UK on Freeview channel 234, Sky channel 512 and Freesat channel 206.

I suppose he could have done Bake Off...

Happy to help.
    Thanks. I'll make a point of watching a couple of programs before judging its quality.

PS - Eck on Bake Off? Nah - he'd have scoffed everything as soon as it came out the oven. Who ate all the pies?

Brings different arguments to the table, instead of the monthly crap about Royal babies etc
    That's one of the reasons I tune into Al Jazeera for news. There's so much more going on in the world than 'Eastenders' and 'Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - The Continuing Story of Britain's Most Pretentious and Dysfunctional Family'. And who's been punted off 'Strictly'.

Today MSN had a story about the increasing likelihood of renewed war in Lebanon (Saudis and Israelis versus Hezbollah and others) next to one about how upset followers of 'Eastenders' were about the exit of one of the characters from the show.

Presented as equivalent stories of equal importance.

"Once one accepts that one has bear-hugged full-blown barking there is great comfort in the bright lights and noises of the wibble-wibble show ..."

Last edited by ronaldo7; 11-11-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Thanks. I'll make a point of watching a couple of programs before judging its quality.

PS - Eck on Bake Off? Nah - he'd have scoffed everything as soon as it came out the oven. Who ate all the pies?

That's one of the reasons I tune into Al Jazeera for news. There's so much more going on in the world than 'Eastenders' and 'Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - The Continuing Story of Britain's Most Pretentious and Dysfunctional Family'. And who's been punted off 'Strictly'.

Today MSN had a story about the increasing likelihood of renewed war in Lebanon (Saudis and Israelis versus Hezbollah and others) next to one about how upset followers of 'Eastenders' were about the exit of one of the characters from the show.

Presented as equivalent stories of equal importance.
    Fat Jambo Barsteward.

Gamer IDs

All sorts of fine upstanding fat cats looking for help with votes from Boss Vladimir.

So important for the UK to free itself from European entanglements - and for Scotland to remain entangled in the UK ...

"Once one accepts that one has bear-hugged full-blown barking there is great comfort in the bright lights and noises of the wibble-wibble show ..."

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/929024980196691968

A date for your diary. Yooouuuunnnsss be frothin

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Thatís not true.

GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

without doubting the truth of this, I also know he can be charm personified for anyone (including someone doing work him and their spouse which I have very close knowledge of), without getting any personal gain from it (beyond the possibility of engratiating himself with a voter or 2).

im sure every politician worth their salt can be charming and personable with whomever they wish, part of the job description.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    We have Tories(lots of them), Labour MP's MSP's and don't forget the Labour Lords, and even some Lib dems(not many of them though), all having taken the Russion rouble, without much furore.

Salmond pops up to do a show will full editorial control, and it's mayhem. The Great British bake off indeed.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/russia...-love-machine/

Gamer IDs

We have Tories(lots of them), Labour MP's MSP's and don't forget the Labour Lords, and even some Lib dems(not many of them though), all having taken the Russion rouble, without much furore.

Salmond pops up to do a show will full editorial control, and it's mayhem. The Great British bake off indeed.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/russia...-love-machine/

Anything to distract attention from the tax-avoiding, bum-groping, expenses-fiddling, corruption-wallowing, making-up-her-own-policies-as-she-goes, shooting-his-great-fat-stupid-mouth-off-because-he-can't-be-bothered-to-read-his-briefing-papers-and-destroying-a-family's-life creepos and incompetents taking the Tory-Lab-Lib shillings in WasteMonster ...

Alec's not an MP, he's not an MSP, he's a private citizen.

What he's doing is entirely legal, and no one on this forum has seen even a few seconds of the program, over which he has full editorial control. HIS links with the Russian government are open and above-board, unlike those of (for example) David Cameron, Boris Johnston, or Whatisname that 'leads' the Labour Party.

No closed minds or party-line-toeing here, then.

Sturgeon not a fan of Salmond cosying up to the Putin governmentís TV channel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-41941359

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Sturgeon not a fan of Salmond cosying up to the Putin governmentís TV channel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-41941359
    Aww no. Somebody should send her a link to wings.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.