hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Regular GORDONSMITH7's Avatar

Hibernian FC's response to SFA rejection of an Independent Review....HSA meeting...

Rod Petrie, Leann Dempster, Stephen Dunn, Fans Reps Frank and Tracey will be in attendance to answer your points

In September I wrote......

Many Hibs fans have been dismayed by the position taken by the Hibernian FC's decision to accept the decision by the SFA to reject the request by the 42 Club SPFL to have an Independent Review into the handling of non payment of taxes by clubs in the aftermath of the recent binding Supreme Court judgment against Rangers' liquidators BDO. Regan of the SFA said... “However, the image of the game in Scotland can only be damaged further by ‘raking over the coals’ of everything that has happened in the last six years for a further lengthy period of time.''

Your Branch Committee totally reject this assertion and would like your opinions. We would like to hear you opinions before any representation is made to Hibernian FC and the Hibernian Supporters Association.

As promised we then held a full consultation with 550 St Pat's Branch members putting our Committee's position up for discussion. I received over 130 written replies, some of which were fed back to the membership.

With a mandate I then took the right route and brought this up at the October Delegates meeting of the Hibernian Supporters Association. It would be fair to say that several of the Delegates of other Branches felt similarly and there was a consensus/unease at the voting of the Fans reps and lack of active participation with fans by them on this subject.

The Officials of the HSA have listened to the Branches and organised this meeting next Thursday at 7.00 in the Hibernian Supporters Association Club . It therefore follows that Hibernian have listened to the genuine concerns of HSA members and Hibs fans in general. This is an open meeting to all Hibs supporters and I would urge you all to use this opportunity.

BIG G

Secretary St. Patrick's Branch

2. Log in to remove the advert

Is it open to non members?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it open to non members?
    Yes, the more the merrier. There was fairly active feelings expressed about this on both main Fans websites at the time and this opportunity to have your say and hear what Hibs and our reps have to say on the matter should be grasped by both hands in my opinion. Fair play to the HSA and Hibs.

BIG G
    Last edited by GORDONSMITH7; 10-11-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Massive well done. I’ll be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Well done on arranging the meeting. Is it not a bit late though or is there time to change our mind.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Well done on arranging the meeting. Is it not a bit late though or is there time to change our mind.
    I guess that very much depends on the strength of feeling of fans and reasoned argument by us to demonstrate the folly of the statement and the rejection of the SPFL proposal out of hand by Regan, and how the decision was taken by the Board unanimously . I have to say that I personally am concerned about the governance/knowledge of SFA under Ogilvie, Smith and Regan during the period of the bent activities of deid Rangers.

BIG G
    Last edited by GORDONSMITH7; 10-11-2017 at 12:21 PM.

I won't be able to attend, but well done on the work you guys have put in to have this issue discussed.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Well done Gordon, great work.

I hope you are getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Well done Gordon, great work.

I hope you are getting better.
    Thanks amigo. I told the top guy that the best medicine for Hibby stroke sufferers is seeing the Cabbage popping the goals in amd I asked him to work his magic as I had missed two Hibs games for the first time in over 50 years and had to get to the Holy Ground on Saturday.He did and I did.

A female Consultant Neurologist asked if I could be a living guinea pig for three Fourth Year Neurology students. Of course I agreed and answered their questions.
    Before they left the Prof asked if l had a question for them . My left hand has lost some feeling so I asked them if after physio I would be able to play the piano. They all said yes,persevere and defiantly yes. I said well that's a ****ing miracle as I couldnae play the piano before the stroke. I thought the Prof was going to piss herself laughing.

BIG G

**** the Hearts

Might pop through from Paisley for this Its not going to change anything and am sure they would be happy with a poor turnout so they can put this to bed ,but like a lot of fans i still think we are bending over backwards to placate them and let them off the hook

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GORDONSMITH7 View Post
    Thanks amigo. I told the top guy that the best medicine for Hibby stroke sufferers is seeing the Cabbage popping the goals in amd I asked him to work his magic as I had missed two Hibs games for the first time in over 50 years and had to get to the Holy Ground on Saturday.He did and I did.

A female Consultant Neurologist asked if I could be a living guinea pig for three Fourth Year Neurology students. Of course I agreed and answered their questions.
    Before they left the Prof asked if l had a question for them . My left hand has lost some feeling so I asked them if after physio I would be able to play the piano. They all said yes,persevere and defiantly yes. I said well that's a ****ing miracle as I couldnae play the piano before the stroke. I thought the Prof was going to piss herself laughing.

BIG G

**** the Hearts

Brilliant.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar

BIG G

**** the Hearts

😂😂😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

BIG G

**** the Hearts

Good to hear you're on the mend; make sure you take things easy. I'm certainly going to try to get along. Great work by the HSA.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

BIG G

**** the Hearts
    Good man.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

BIG G

**** the Hearts

That's outstanding. Stick in and hope you make a full recovery soon.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Respect for sticking to it just now Amigo.

You can't keep a good man down for too long

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Glad this is taking place as those who feel strongly will attend and vent their anger and then we can all move on

Hi all

Apologies, but we are having to make the Q&A members only on Thursday 16th. We'll post a report of the discussion on our website. We will have council members on the door so please do bring your membership card if you are planning to attend.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheHibsClub View Post
    Hi all

Apologies, but we are having to make the Q&A members only on Thursday 16th. We'll post a report of the discussion on our website. We will have council members on the door so please do bring your membership card if you are planning to attend.

Thanks
    Oh well i wont be going then

Hi all

Thanks
    Disappointing. Ah well, I’ll look forward to the update on here.

Hi all

Thanks
    Will there really be that many people there that it needs to be members only?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Will there really be that many people there that it needs to be members only?
    It was organised by HSA, makes sense to be a members only night
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Hi all

Thanks
    Can someone Facebook live it or put it on Periscope?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    It was organised by HSA, makes sense to be a members only night
    I'm a member myself, and I can see that point, but I think making this accessible to the largest number of supporters makes sense when there are unlikely to be capacity issues.

I'm a member myself, and I can see that point, but I think making this accessible to the largest number of supporters makes sense when there are unlikely to be capacity issues.
    You going?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Can someone Facebook live it or put it on Periscope?
    I'm not sure the club(both of them) would like this to be posted live.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    You going?
    Unfortunately got another meeting same night, same time - I'm chairing it so can't really get out of it. With hindsight would have arranged it for another night, but only heard about this meeting yesterday.

Absolutely spot on in my opinion.

My assertion that it was to be an open meeting was not sucked out of my thumb but based on this from an HSA official......

Gordon tried phoning you back no reply we are going to make the meeting on the 16th an open meeting.

Following representation and discussion between Hibs and HSA officials the above statement was made by the HSA.....

BIG G

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar

BIG G

**** the Hearts
    I tried the same thing when I had a shoulder op but it was a military hospital and they had heard it before...

Reply was only if you could play before... Still, it gave the wee nurses a smile...😀
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

First Team Breakthrough
    Absolutely spot on in my opinion.

My assertion that it was to be an open meeting was not sucked out of my thumb but based on this from an HSA official......

Gordon tried phoning you back no reply we are going to make the meeting on the 16th an open meeting.

Following representation and discussion between Hibs and HSA officials the above statement was made by the HSA.....

BIG G
    Gordon I have read what you are saying but feel that if this were to be an open meeting it would have to be staged in much larger premises than Sunnyside as this is such an emotive issue. To be honest much as I despise the cheating of the huns and to a lesser extent that lot across the city I really believe we should be concentrating on Hibs mainly as there is so much good about our club at the moment. I hope you are feeling better and well on the way to recovery.