hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I genuinely think he’s one of the best players I’ve seen. He’s got skill, drive, fight and he’s developing a bit of a nasty streak. If we get a few clubs interested, then we could see a fee of around £5m. Celtic would be insane not to try and sign him, he’s a ready made replacement for Scott Brown, and they’ve got so many players that they could offer in part exchange.
    Totally agree. He's one of the best young midfield players we've seen at ER in the modern game since the emergence of Scotty Brown and Johnny Collins. Top English clubs are certain to have become aware of his enormous talent in driving a game, his skill and strength in retaining the ball etc. I'm confident we should be asking for around 5 million. Both ourselves and St mirren would be handsomely rewarded in financial terms and the opportunity of having seen this abundantly talented and hard working football player gracing ER.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    He'll be going to Celtic to replace Broony. Let's see how much we can squeeze out of them.....
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    Anything less than £6m is IMO a bargain in 2017.

Left by mutual consent!
    Was talking to a "real Celtic man" in Sammy Dows after the semi. Said his team were awash with money. Asked what would I take. £7m plus Hendo. Didn't seem shocked by that.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    We will get between £4-5M in January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id be surprised if we got more than 2.5m......then it would be interesting to see what happens with the money..will it go on the team? or be paid towards the debt?....after petrie and co take their share ...we also have to pay st mirren

Left by mutual consent!
    Defenders in England going for £20 million and they are gash !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Id be surprised if we got more than 2.5m......then it would be interesting to see what happens with the money..will it go on the team? or be paid towards the debt?....after petrie and co take their share ...we also have to pay st mirren
    Just so we can put this debt thing to bed. 10 payment of £500,000 per year INTEREST FREE. No other money due. Rod & Co. will not be taking any cut.

Left by mutual consent!
    There is the problem up here we get what the player is worth or less certainly no more. About time we got over the odds payments.

Testimonial Due
    I think the Club will be pushing to get an extension signed, but you have to remember the player and agent will be looking for better monetary deal costing the Club more.
    Also they can write into the deal at what price he will be allowed to talk to interested Clubs, this creates a ceiling price so any bonus goes their way.
    Though I don't for 1 minute think that McGinn will hold Hibs to ransom, but agents are lining their own pockets with every deal so it makes it harder to make deals with players on an upwards spiral.
    For me it would be better keeping him as is in the hope we get a fair offer, otherwise the Club could cause problems in the dressing room alienating other players who will feel just as worthy!!!

I'd take the £3million with 20% option and reckon that's roughly how it will pan out.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    If we offered Mc Ginn a very good 1 year contract extension with a release clause what would stop him signing it? He gets more cash instantly and added security. He's a smart lad and knows clubs will be in for him, with the kind of move he aspires to, I doubt the odd million or two would deter his suitors?

If he were playing in the English Championship he would be valued at £10 million.
    As it stands our club should expect no less than £5 million.

If anyone reads ‘the backpass rule’ blog (excellent btw) they willknow the McGinn is regularly the most effective midfielder in Scotland and has played way more key passes than any other player in the league.
    Although he sometimes has wayward passes it’s because he is always trying the difficult forward passes rather than the sideways efforts.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    If we offered Mc Ginn a very good 1 year contract extension with a release clause what would stop him signing it? He gets more cash instantly and added security. He's a smart lad and knows clubs will be in for him, with the kind of move he aspires to, I doubt the odd million or two would deter his suitors?
    Because right now he is holding all the aces. If he signs a new deal, he loses leverage. A lower transfer fee will open up the number interested suitors, and could also result in higher wages for him.

United we stand here....

Without a new contract, he'll go for £3 million as an absolute maximum either in January or in the summer. Any later than that and it's probably going to be around £1.5 million.

If he signs a new deal then for the next couple of years we should be asking for at least £5 million.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Pains me to say it, but he is surely celtic bound, would suit us if we got cash and player?

IMHO he is worth about 3 million but I will be very surprised if we get 1.5 million.

First Team Breakthrough Bob1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    We don’t need to sell and clubs know that, so £5m.
    We sort of do need to sell, either that or he’s walking for ziltch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    If anyone reads ‘the backpass rule’ blog (excellent btw) they willknow the McGinn is regularly the most effective midfielder in Scotland and has played way more key passes than any other player in the league.
    Although he sometimes has wayward passes it’s because he is always trying the difficult forward passes rather than the sideways efforts.

This is pretty interesting OH. Unlike some stats these would actually seem to back-up what fans of many clubs might say about their own players with the likes of McGinn, Cadden, Armstrong, Crawford, Christie, Stokes and Forrest featuring well in the effectiveness of their play in the most difficult areas of the pitch. Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Pains me to say it, but he is surely celtic bound, would suit us if we got cash and player?
    If it pains you to say it, don't say it. Celtic have never been linked, never bid nothing. He is more likely to go to Nottingham Forest who have shown actual interest.

Losing important players to rival teams is not the way to move forward.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    We would need to be getting someone like Christie or Henderson.

Or Tony Ralston perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1875 View Post
    We sort of do need to sell, either that or he’s walking for ziltch.
    But that also means he stays to the end of his contract. I'd settle for that than selling him for a paltry fee

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    But that also means he stays to the end of his contract. I'd settle for that than selling him for a paltry fee
    If he stays to the end of his contract hewould be a free agent and leave for nothing.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    If it pains you to say it, don't say it. Celtic have never been linked, never bid nothing. He is more likely to go to Nottingham Forest who have shown actual interest.

Losing important players to rival teams is not the way to move forward.
    His grandfather was celtic chairman, he was a season ticket holder, Scott Brown is done next year, celtic will pay more than forest, no need to move home, no brainer, plus if we could get hendo plus cash up front..

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    If he stays to the end of his contract hewould be a free agent and leave for nothing.
    Yes and I'd prefer having him till then and getting nothing than taking a rubbish bid in January

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Yes and I'd prefer having him till then and getting nothing than taking a rubbish bid in January
    Hibs model is based on, selling on players for money

That's a gamble that would only pay off if we won some silverware.

Would rather take the money ( if it matches our estimations) and invest in some young upcoming players so we always have a healthy squad that can challenge for the title/cups in the years to come

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Hibs model is based on, selling on players for money
    I know that billy and I hope we get a fee which is acceptable to us. However anything under £1.5m should not be considered. As someone mentioned earlier we could get that back in prize money / cup runs if he stays

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I know that billy and I hope we get a fee which is acceptable to us. However anything under £1.5m should not be considered. As someone mentioned earlier we could get that back in prize money / cup runs if he stays
    I’d rather we sold in the summer than January, but if we’re offered an exceptional offer in January, we won’t be able to turn it down