hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Testimonial Due

Realistic Value of SJM

Didn't watch the game last night, however with another cap under his belt and I think I read somehere MOTM award, how much should Hibs realistically be looking to receive for Mcginn?

We have just finished our first round of fixtures in the premiership, his first year in premiership with Hibs his performances like majority of the squad have been good this season soo far. 3 goals in 12 games, 2 of which came away to the best team in the league.

is 5 million the maximum we should be looking for, taking into account whatever % st Mirren receive from the fee. or does anyone think more?

2. Log in to remove the advert

£10 million.

18 months left.

Realistically we won’t get offered more than £3.5m.

I think we would sell for £2.75m and upwards.

£11.36m

4/5 million but perhaps unrealistic due to the length left on his contract. He's a quality player though with now 5 Scotland caps to his name I believe, with two man of the match awards.
    Can see it being closer to 2/3

He's a sensible laddie ..... Leanne and NL need chat to him and get him to extend his contract by another year, on slightly enhanced terms if the Club can do so. He and we all know if he keeps playing the way he is and keeps adding to his Scotland caps a BIG Club is gonna come in for him, and they can afford £5, 6, 7, etc million. That way the Club maximise what we can get and SJM gives the Club that gave him a platform to really make his way in the game something back.

I'm sure St Mirren would agree too!

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    How is one of the leagues best players, Scotland international with 2 MOTM awards from his first 2 starts for the team, young and endless potential only worth £2.75m? At what point is a player worth 5m? I don't understand why we undervalue our players up here. I'd say if a team down south paid 6m for him they wouldn't get any less value than if they'd bought some of the dross that's shifted around clubs for big bucks in the premier league/championship.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    We don’t need to sell and clubs know that, so £5m.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    We won't get anything like his real value when he moves on; that's just the nature of the Scottish game, and there's his contract situation. Bet we don't even get £3 million.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Liam89 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is one of the leagues best players, Scotland international with 2 MOTM awards from his first 2 starts for the team, young and endless potential only worth £2.75m? At what point is a player worth 5m? I don't understand why we undervalue our players up here. I'd say if a team down south paid 6m for him they wouldn't get any less value than if they'd bought some of the dross that's shifted around clubs for big bucks in the premier league/championship.
    English clubs know there is no money in the Scottish game and can drive a hard bargain. Only Celtic can command top dollar because they don't need the money in the way all other clubs do.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam89 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    English clubs know there is no money in the Scottish game and can drive a hard bargain. Only Celtic can command top dollar because they don't need the money in the way all other clubs do.
    Sadly, this is how I see it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    We won't get anything like his real value when he moves on; that's just the nature of the Scottish game, and there's his contract situation. Bet we don't even get £3 million.
    4.5 for broony a few year back, he’s got to be worth at least that, even more.

If he signs a new contract he's worth 4/5 million in the summer.

Left by mutual consent!
    £4m this January £2m summer.

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    £2.5 plus Henderson & Christie at the end of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by one day maybe... View Post
    £2.5 plus Henderson & Christie at the end of this season.
    Well your guess is, at least, as stupid as the others.

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Well your guess is, at least, as stupid as the others.
    Just my guess... love to see us get £10 million plus, but unfortunately I don't think we will. Love to be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    4.5 for broony a few year back, he’s got to be worth at least that, even more.
    That was to another Scottish club and when there was more money in the game up here.

McGinn at Hibs, £3 million; McGinn at Celtic, at least double that. We'll get ripped off.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    If he signs a new deal I'd be wanting 5 million minimum.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I genuinely think he’s one of the best players I’ve seen. He’s got skill, drive, fight and he’s developing a bit of a nasty streak. If we get a few clubs interested, then we could see a fee of around £5m. Celtic would be insane not to try and sign him, he’s a ready made replacement for Scott Brown, and they’ve got so many players that they could offer in part exchange.

United we stand here....

New contract £5m , otherwise £3m.

It really does come down to if he signs an extension to his current contract - I assume the club will have at least approached him and his agent about this at some point. If he was to sign an extension, then I'd say we'd be looking at £4mil if he went in the summer.

The more realistic outcome is that he won't sign an extension, and will be away either in Jan or the summer (unfortunately.) If it's Jan, and we get £3mil, we've done well (Although if offered £2.5mil, I'd say we'd end up taking it.) If we wait till the sumer £1.5mil, if we're lucky.

Brown's situation isn't comparable as there was more money in Scottish football at that time.

I'd love to see us get £5mil for him, but I'm afraid to say there'll be alot of disappointed people on here when he does finally go if they think we're getting that for him.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    How long was left on Brown’s contract when we sold him?

We'll be lucky to get £3m.

Immediately upon arrival at Fulham, Brentford or wherever, he'll be worth £15m without having kicked a ball.

That's the way it works.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    It would be madness not to get him on an extension, up his value buy a million + and he will go to the highest bidder in the summer.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    At the end of the day we will only get what someone is prepared to pay, no point whatsoever in valuing him at £5 million if you are only going to get £3 million.

There will come a point we either take what's on offer or lose him for nothing at the end of his contract.

I would rather we lost him at the end of the 2018-2019 season for nout than sell him for £1.5 million in January, my logic being that we could recoup most of that back with high league position windfalls and cup runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    It would be madness not to get him on an extension, up his value buy a million + and he will go to the highest bidder in the summer.
    What if he doesn't want to sign it though?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    What if he doesn't want to sigh it though?
    Make it impossible for him not to, offer him as good wages as we possibly can, gamble on a really high bid coming in for him and we make good money on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Make it impossible for him not to, offer him as good wages as we possibly can, gamble on a really high bid coming in for him and we make good money on him.
    Sounds easy eh. I hope Leeann has thought of that.

I hope it works out the way you have suggested but I doubt it will happen.