hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Path behind Meadowbank Sainsburys

......is closing in a week for construction work I have been told.

No idea when its due to reopen the poster I saw gave no indication that it would reopen at all.

The email address is customercareedinburgh@placesforpeople.co.uk if you want to let them know how inconvenient this is or ask any questions.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Not so handy for the walk from The Hoppy to ER now for our group. I think a lot of fans have been using the shopping centre car park as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not so handy for the walk from The Hoppy to ER now for our group. I think a lot of fans have been using the shopping centre car park as well.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    According to this

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...tour-1-4608358

It's closed indefinitely.

I wonder if the Retail Park put pressure on to close it, to stop Football Fans using their Car Park.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm raging about this. Live on Albion Road and use the path all the time. It takes up a tiny chunk of the overall space available, I just can't understand the need to close it. A huge inconvenience to anyone in the area.

@hibs.net private member
    Disappointing to hear of this path closing. Have used it a good few times, the latest being the recent derby game. Was on foot, running late, and would've missed the goal if I'd gone via Abbeyhill and down ER.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I'm raging about this. Live on Albion Road and use the path all the time. It takes up a tiny chunk of the overall space available, I just can't understand the need to close it. A huge inconvenience to anyone in the area.
    It been sorely needed for about a decade...seems lunacy to close it 'indefinitely' considering how many houses they have built in that area.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Seems strange to close very useful to use in the smaller games. Huge detour for the loads of houses near the stadium, makes no sense.

I know the original plans for the housing there showed landscaping and a proper path, so maybe that's what's coming?

What would not be good outcome, of course, is if they put a gate up which meant the path was only open to those who bought/rented from the developer.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I know the original plans for the housing there showed landscaping and a proper path, so maybe that's what's coming?

What would not be good outcome, of course, is if they put a gate up which meant the path was only open to those who bought/rented from the developer.
    Nah let anyone use it.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    I live on Lawrie Reilly Place and work at meadowbank.

Frankly it is an absolute joke decision.

@hibs.net private member
    I used to live in Albion Gardens and it is really frustrating having to walk 20 mins to a shop that is 3 minutes walk away! They used to block it off even when the land lay derelict for years which was petty in the extreme.

So if you were to park in the Sainsbury's car park, whats the quickest way to get there to and from Easter Road now?

Perhaps someone who lives in the area could contact their local MSP/Councillor to find out when/if the path will re-open? They may actually be improving it?! Just a thought. Appreciate it's going to be a big inconvenience for lots of Hibbys.

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    So if you were to park in the Sainsbury's car park, whats the quickest way to get there to and from Easter Road now?
    Either via Abbeyhill or through Lochend park.

Meadowbamk retail park shops have a problem with football traffic. Same with Tesco Duke Street. To be fair they have a point.

Just got an email back from Places for People - all hail the power of Hibs.net..

In response to concerns raised by members of the community about receiving short notice regarding the closure of the link path to Moray Park Terrace for essential works, I can confirm that we have agreed to delay closure until later this month to allow you to make alternative arrangements if required. Once plans are finalised, the exact dates the route will be closed will be shown on noticeboards which will be erected at either end of the walkway. The path will re-open after three days.

We also draw your attention to construction work taking place in the new year which will again result in closure of the path. We are working together with City of Edinburgh Council to establish measures we must comply with to ensure public safety throughout the construction phase. We will be able to provide you with full details of what to expect as soon as this programme is agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by eastender1 View Post
    Just got an email back from Places for People - all hail the power of Hibs.net..
    Good work 👍

I just got the same, word for word. I have asked him to confirm that both closures will be 3 days(ish).....which seems to be what his email says.

Seems a lot of grief could have been avoided if they communicated properly in he first place.

I did not know there was a Lawrie reilly street! Does it have a street sign? Where is it? I must have a walk down when next in Edinburgh. .

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    I did not know there was a Lawrie reilly street! Does it have a street sign? Where is it? I must have a walk down when next in Edinburgh. .
    It’s behind the Sainsbury’s, it’s called Lawrie Reilly Place I think.

United we stand here....

Go through the pathway behind Sainsbury's and when it emerges at the bridge there is a street sign right in front of you.p

Nice one. It's a very useful cut through.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...name-1-3416633

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

My dad who is 85 stays in Albion Gardens and needs this access to get to the shops.

I got this response on his behalf :

"In response to concerns raised by members of the community about receiving short notice regarding the closure of the link path to Moray Park Terrace for essential works, I can confirm that we have agreed to delay closure until later this month to allow you to make alternative arrangements if required. Once plans are finalised, the exact dates the route will be closed will be shown on noticeboards which will be erected at either end of the walkway. The path will re-open after three days.

We also draw your attention to construction work taking place in the new year which will again result in closure of the path. We are working together with City of Edinburgh Council to establish measures we must comply with to ensure public safety throughout the construction phase. We will be able to provide you with full details of what to expect as soon as this programme is agreed.

We understand that the footpath is a very convenient route for residents and, ideally, we would like to be in position to offer an equally suitable access link. A new link to Crawford Bridge could provide an alternative route, regrettably the delay in bringing this forward has been outwith our control. We will have been working closely with City of Edinburgh Council and Network Rail to try to resolve this prior to the commencement of phase 1, and we will continue to do so.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the essential closure of the footpath, and going forward we will keep you fully informed of plans affecting your access routes using the site noticeboards. "

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I just got the same, word for word. I have asked him to confirm that both closures will be 3 days(ish).....which seems to be what his email says.

Seems a lot of grief could have been avoided if they communicated properly in he first place.
    So, the closure next year sounds a lot longer........

"We are trying to minimise this as much as possible, however there could be a much longer duration of closure when we begin major construction work next to the path early in the year. We are looking at all options to keep this closure as short as possible, however I cannot confirm exactly how long this will be at this stage"

So it's open this weekend then, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    So it's open this weekend then, yeah?
    I think so yeah. If not, it's probably part of Rod Petrie's big conspiracy/cover up. Apparently everything else is 😉

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Pal of the wife lives in Lawrie Reilly Place and is absolutely raging about this. She's high up in a local housing association so is right on the ball with what developers can and can't do. All about Places for People saving money as they build the next stage of the development. She's had real problems with her new build including damp but apparently nothing compared to some on the street! All Hibees and local residents who use this need to put pressure on the council and developer to keep the route open.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire