what was the official attendance ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what was the official attendance ?

500 odd Saints fans.

Irvine Meadow brought more.

I'm pretty certain that if the game is on tomorrow the official attendance will be 17,043 including stewards, workies, ball boys, turnstile operators, catering staff (oh wait, there's no catering), council safety officers, council big wigs. I think they'll even count the cherrypicker!

There was nowhere near 17,000 actually in the stadium today. The East and FF Lower had thousands of empty seats between them.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Something you notice from the West is that there is always a substantial number of fans who opt to stand at the back of the East. Presumably their seats will be empty albeit they've paid for.
    Last edited by Golden Bear; 19-11-2017 at 09:03 AM.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    There was nowhere near 17,000 actually in the stadium today. The East and FF Lower had thousands of empty seats between them.
    Not where we were in the East, the West was also very close to capacity

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Exaggeration? I call shenanigans on this type of crap hyperbole.

Thousands? The FF Lower holds less than two thousand seats. I cannot see it from the FF Upper but I can see the East and saw next to no empty seats.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Exaggeration? I call shenanigans on this type of crap hyperbole.

Thousands? The FF Lower holds less than two thousand seats. I cannot see it from the FF Upper but I can see the East and saw next to no empty seats.
    I’m in West Upper and I’m afraid there were a lot of empty seats in the East. Quite a few in FF lower. More than I’ve seen in recent games. On the plus side FF Upper looked almost full.

Sad but true and almost makes the dot counts irrelevant to a degree because they only confirm number of seats sold, not what will be actual bums on seats. Clearly ST holders who are not there every game are the cause. It’s the way it goes.

Choose not to go to the game on Saturday as I was going to go with my dad and brother and by the time I was looking at getting tickets it was front row by the corner flag or up at the back where my dad would likely cough out a lung if he attempted to get there.

Watching the game on Alba it was frustrating to see the free seats in the East that I'd have jumped at had they been made available. Assume it's ST holders not turning up and a few with folk standing at the back as mentioned.

The problems of success.

I know the fans can tell the club to release the seats as they can't go but perhaps a resell site run by the club and 50/50 on the sales or something like that would work better.