hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Admit to some exuberance after that game, briefly appearing on the pitch from the terracing at full time. Was only second time I'd seen us beat them, 8 years after the first, which was my derby debut.
    Same here. Scottish cup at Easter road then had to wait till 87.What a celebration.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Among my many old programmes, I found one for a game away against Morton, last game of the season 1982.

The weird thing is that I remember this game vividly, mostly for the lack of any discernible crowd (I think there was only about 1,700 there) and going there on The Artisan SC bus ('no party songs, please!').

How come I can remember a football game from 35 years ago, but I frequently forgot the Missus' Birthday?

What's more important? 😬

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Just found an old programme of my dad's which has somehow come into my possession.

Motherwell v Hibs (Skol Cup), Tuesday 1st September 1987, kick of 7.30p.m.

Hibernian: Rough, Hunter, Mitchell, Orr, Ray, McIntyre, Weir, Kane, Cowan, Watson, Collins, Bell, McCluskey.

Was it a quarter-final?
    My dad took me as it was the day before my 17th birthday. Can't remember much about it except Neil Orr's tache'. The 1st September 1989 was much more memorable as I went too see the Inspiral Carpets at the Venue (supported by the Brideswell Taxi's I think) 😎