hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 241 to 260 of 260
  1. #241
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    23,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most internationals are rotten these days. Slow paced and as you say both teams not wanting to lose.
    Still a higher level of player and more technical game.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #242
    @hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No didn't see that game as I don't have BT Sport and have no interest whatsoever in the over bloated Champions League.

    Happy for him if that is the case but one swallow a summer doth not make.

    Every time I have seen him he has been absolutely rank.
    Thats my view of his as well - every time I see him play he is garbage and I don't get what all the fuss is about him - too many occasions where he tries to go past someone and doesn't succeed - if he does manage to get past a player his crossing / final ball is woeful.

    Last night for me was all about Mackay auditioning for the managers role - he'll say it isnt and Reagan has said its a no - but for me Mackay was only looking for the result to enhance his reputation - why wouldn't you experiment and try some of the guys on the bench, why not put Hanlon on, Cooper has been getting some good reviews at Leeds why not give him a go - what has been learnt by bringing on Mulgrew - we know we are struggling for decent centre backs yet we dont try anyone new in that position. And giving Cummings the last 5-10mins was only about trying to get a late equaliser like Managers do every week - throw on a forward to try and get a late goal.

  4. #243
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    23,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Brazil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats my view of his as well - every time I see him play he is garbage and I don't get what all the fuss is about him - too many occasions where he tries to go past someone and doesn't succeed - if he does manage to get past a player his crossing / final ball is woeful.

    Last night for me was all about Mackay auditioning for the managers role - he'll say it isnt and Reagan has said its a no - but for me Mackay was only looking for the result to enhance his reputation - why wouldn't you experiment and try some of the guys on the bench, why not put Hanlon on, Cooper has been getting some good reviews at Leeds why not give him a go - what has been learnt by bringing on Mulgrew - we know we are struggling for decent centre backs yet we dont try anyone new in that position. And giving Cummings the last 5-10mins was only about trying to get a late equaliser like Managers do every week - throw on a forward to try and get a late goal.
    Agree made no sense not to play Cooper and Hanlon when we have such a lack of centre halfs. Berra Mulgrew and Tierney out of position, give me a break.

    McKay was simply touting for a job there.

  5. #244
    Testimonial Due mjhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portobello
    Age
    57
    Posts
    4,045
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    International football is about having players who are willing and capable of retaining and distributing the ball when in tight and pressurised situations.
    Now who at hibs has been doing that all season and for many is the best midfielder at the club if not the country. Dylan mcgeoch would have been ideal for the game and had Jason's got the second half I can guarantee he would have got a chance or two. I was with a few celtic fans last weekend and they watched the Derby and were bemoaning letting him go as they agreed he is as good as anything at celtic. His speed of thought, timing of pass and always ready for the ball is taken for granted I think. I've told the guys I coach just watch him and how he plays if you want to get better. Best player at hibs since latapy and sauzee IMHO. Even two bellies Boyd has said it.

  6. #245
    Testimonial Due pacoluna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,606
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only at the highest level of international football. Scotland don't play at the level very often. There was nothing too intense about tonights game, just a fair few players that can't pass a football. and i include the dutch in that. they have gone backwards in a big way.
    That's where we are aiming to be though. I wasn't impressed with Holland either.

  7. #246
    Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Warriston
    Age
    58
    Posts
    7,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Brazil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get calling Hanlon up then leaving him on the bench - thank god McKay isn't getting the job
    100% this, and then playing a left back at centre half

    McKay can go do one, in any Scotland role, if this is his attitude towards things.

    5 minutes for Cummings FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The laddie might not be ready but you never know until you play him, oh, and BTW, ready or not, he's nae worse than that pudding they keep playing.

  8. #247
    @hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Scoopsville
    Age
    57
    Posts
    8,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Brazil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get calling Hanlon up then leaving him on the bench - thank god McKay isn't getting the job
    Even giving him 10 to 15 minutes wouldn't have hurt.

    I thought McKay could have given more people a game and used all six subs that were permitted.

  9. #248
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,413
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even giving him 10 to 15 minutes wouldn't have hurt.

    I thought McKay could have given more people a game and used all six subs that were permitted.
    Same could be said for the boy Cooper. Bringing Mulgrew on made absolutely no sense at all.

  10. #249
    Canít figure out what the back 4 was about. Best lb at cb, a cm at rb, and played the two tested cbs. Strange set up.

  11. #250
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    23,216
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even giving him 10 to 15 minutes wouldn't have hurt.

    I thought McKay could have given more people a game and used all six subs that were permitted.
    Agree makes no sense seemed to be more about Malkys ego than trying players out in what was a totally meaningless game in the context of things.

    You have 2 centre backs on the bench one playing well with Hibs and the other at a half decent Leeds team and he plays neither and sticks with Berra and Mulgrew and Tierney out of position instead of giving them a shot. His comments about Christie after the game were well over the top also as from what I seen of the game he was pretty average.

  12. #251
    Seems bizarre to give someone like Mulgrew 45 minutes when everyone already knows what he offers at the level. Surely makes more sense to give Hanlon a shot and see how he copes? Same with the like of Forrest and Gordon. You aren't learning anything new with them so give others a shot.

  13. #252
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    57
    Posts
    47,198
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct, me too.

    My post is in response to people who canít believe players were played out of position for us tonight.

    For Scotland players playing in unnatural positions is going to be necessary sometimes imo.
    I think without doubt Tierney is our best player by a long way. He's made his name as a wonderful left back who goes past players as if they are not there, he scores goals and puts fantastic crosses in.

    I know what would stifle that, lets play him centre half?????????

    We had two, not one, two centre halfs on the bench, both never see a minute of game time. Tierney we all know will feature for the national team for years to come, you don't have to be a genius to know that.

    What did we learn about the two central defenders who sat on their arse all night?

    McKay knew yesterday he was not in the frame for the job, and even with all that knowledge, he went with a team he thought would not get pumped, rather than take a risk and actually go for it with a player playing in his right position who's in the form of his life.

    Robertson at left midfield is hardly a mile away from his position, and both are very good going forward. And surely to god its not difficult to imagine how they would dovetail each others positions and help each other if they swapped positions at times.

    Square pegs in round holes as usual, restricting us as an attacking force through fear as usual.

    What are friendlies for if not to try people out, and give them the best chance to shine?

  14. #253
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    23,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems bizarre to give someone like Mulgrew 45 minutes when everyone already knows what he offers at the level. Surely makes more sense to give Hanlon a shot and see how he copes? Same with the like of Forrest and Gordon. You aren't learning anything new with them so give others a shot.
    Agree another bizarre decision was playing Gordon for the 90 what was the point.

  15. #254
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    23,216
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think without doubt Tierney is our best player by a long way. He's made his name as a wonderful left back who goes past players as if they are not there, he scores goals and puts fantastic crosses in.

    I know what would stifle that, lets play him centre half?????????

    We had two, not one, two centre halfs on the bench, both never see a minute of game time. Tierney we all know will feature for the national team for years to come, you don't have to be a genius to know that.

    What did we learn about the two central defenders who sat on their arse all night?

    McKay knew yesterday he was not in the frame for the job, and even with all that knowledge, he went with a team he thought would not get pumped, rather than take a risk and actually go for it with a player playing in his right position who's in the form of his life.

    Robertson at left midfield is hardly a mile away from his position, and both are very good going forward. And surely to god its not difficult to imagine how they would dovetail each others positions and help each other if they swapped positions at times.

    Square pegs in round holes as usual, restricting us as an attacking force through fear as usual.

    What are friendlies for if not to try people out, and give them the best chance to shine?
    Totally agree.

  16. #255
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    57
    Posts
    47,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What starts? He was fantastic and dynamic in his position, differently as he is used at us. It shows the level he can get to. The link up play and chances created in a Scotland top from a Hibs player was a joy to watch selfishly as he was who I was focussing on.
    He was ok nay decent in the 2nd half, nobody in a Scotland shirt was fantastic last night, not even the brilliant Tierney.

    No wonder we fall flat on our faces if you saw brilliance out there last night.

  17. #256
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8,063
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was ok nay decent in the 2nd half, nobody in a Scotland shirt was fantastic last night, not even the brilliant Tierney.

    No wonder we fall flat on our faces if you saw brilliance out there last night.
    Are you moving on from telling us all how good Cummings wasn't when he was here, to McGinn now?

  18. #257
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    57
    Posts
    47,198
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you moving on from telling us all how good Cummings wasn't when he was here, to McGinn now?
    Another who is rewriting history, i said Cummings was a great goalscorer for us, not the best footballer though.

    I think McGinn is a terrific player for us with great qualities, but he was hardly brilliant last night. Take your green tinted glasses off, nobody was brilliant last night.

  19. #258
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8,063
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another who is rewriting history, i said Cummings was a great goalscorer for us, not the best footballer though.

    I think McGinn is a terrific player for us with great qualities, but he was hardly brilliant last night. Take your green tinted glasses off, nobody was brilliant last night.
    I'm not re-writing anything, plenty times you were front of the queue to bash Cummings ability.

    I dinnae think McGinn was brilliant last night, he played well though, and I certainly didn't think there would be Hibs fans talking him down after the performance.

  20. #259
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    57
    Posts
    47,198
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not re-writing anything, plenty times you were front of the queue to bash Cummings ability.

    I dinnae think McGinn was brilliant last night, he played well though, and I certainly didn't think there would be Hibs fans talking him down after the performance.
    Nonsense, i said many many times how good a goalscorer Cummings was, and i'd take him back at Hibs in a minute.

    I also said he was not the best at holding things up, and if he left which he did, we could replace him.

    We have replaced him, and we are hardly suffering because he did.

    McGinn is an exciting talent who did ok last night, and by saying that if you want to say i'm talking him down, crack on.

    Yet when someone says he was fantastic and dynamic, i was clearly watching a different game, as i saw nobody from either side fantastic and dynamic.

  21. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats what he does at Hibs?? I saw the same player tonight....just not trying too hard.
    Yeah I agree, I think what I meant was how good he looks at that level and doesn't have to try so hard as he does at us at times.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved