hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FAO Marathonbet

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Docksiders Vs *****s is perhaps not the best comparison. The word used (not by Marathonbet directly clearly) is probably the most unacceptable term of abuse out there IMO.

A bit of an own goal to not have noticed it and they're correct to have pulled the post.

The motivation behind their post was spot on and the pompous Hearts official statement is laughable, that much is clear.
    I wasn't comparing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Best sponsor ever. I bet they’re loving all this free publicity as well.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    I'm fine mickey taking as that was banter but their proof reader needs a word in his ear

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I'm fine mickey taking as that was banter but their proof reader needs a word in his ear
    I think he'll a P45 shoved up him for that.

As much as I agree with the sentiment/wind-up that takes a bit of the shine off the goal.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Heart of Midlothian Football Club is disappointed to see a partner of the game in Scotland attempt to ridicule the club based on misinformation and the use of potentially offensive and inappropriate language.
    This is perhaps indicative of yet another trend which sees those who gain so much from the game, attempt to demean it rather than support it.
    For the avoidance of doubt, modifications to our existing control room are scheduled to take place as has already been fully explained to our supporters.

If I didn't know who that statement was from I'd be willing to guess that it was from a club who hadn't won a derby match in several years.

A professional company using an image with the phrase 'mo&*o' on it? Ok, someone made a huge mistake there in letting that go through. That's not great. But there's no way I can see anyway to defend that as banter. It's a horrific word, one of the top ones from a time we've hopefully moved on from.
    I can't see any of that, or defence of it, as banter.

Quote Originally Posted by heidtheba View Post
    A professional company using an image with the phrase 'mo&*o' on it? Ok, someone made a huge mistake there in letting that go through. That's not great. But there's no way I can see anyway to defend that as banter. It's a horrific word, one of the top ones from a time we've hopefully moved on from.
    There is no defence for it, which is why they took it down once they realised the word was on one of the images used.

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    There is no defence for it, which is why they took it down once they realised the word was on one of the images used.
    Does anyone know if the boy who penned the word has been dealt with by MB?

True. But I'd have expected a lot more condemnation on here tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by IlDiavola View Post
    Does anyone know if the boy who penned the word has been dealt with by MB?
    I think they filched the images from someone else and just uploaded them, no-one there penned the word it was on the images they used/stole/borrowed.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I'm going to open an account just for this. Anything to get under their skin. Nice to see they have chosen the statement route like their big brothers

True. But I'd have expected a lot more condemnation on here tbh.
    Plenty on the other thread.

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    I think they filched the images from someone else and just uploaded them, no-one there penned the word it was on the images they used/stole/borrowed.
    OK Thanks.

Plenty on the other thread.
    Sorry Kato, I think I've missed that - which thread? Ta

It was removed right away once they seen what was written on the pic. Clearly they posted all 4 pics without proof reading the wording. As it wasn’t them who wrote it and then removed the pic with the offensive term MB have done nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Heart of Midlothian Football Club is disappointed to see a partner of the game in Scotland attempt to ridicule the club based on misinformation and the use of potentially offensive and inappropriate language.
    This is perhaps indicative of yet another trend which sees those who gain so much from the game, attempt to demean it rather than support it.
    For the avoidance of doubt, modifications to our existing control room are scheduled to take place as has already been fully explained to our supporters.

If I didn't know who that statement was from I'd be willing to guess that it was from a club who hadn't won a derby match in several years.
    They have a point about the unfortunate use of the word in question ... which if I understand correctly was a retweet and quickly pulled when Marathon Bet realised it. Its a shame the Yams were inadvertently given the chance to deflect from what is a great bit of piss taking.

The rest of their statement is typical humourless Yam moaning prompted by their sense of self importance, they never did have the ability to laugh at themselves, which is unfortunate for a club that are pretty bloody good at dishing it out. As for "one of Scottish footballs partners who gain from the game" who are they kidding? Scottish football needs the likes of Marathon Bet a lot more than they need us ... something the Yams would do well to remember.

Anyway .... nice one Marathon Bet, probably the best sponsor we have ever had

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    It was removed right away once they seen what was written on the pic. Clearly they posted all 4 pics without proof reading the wording. As it wasn’t them who wrote it and then removed the pic with the offensive term MB have done nothing wrong.
    I was more meaning on here, we were a few post in on this thread before anyone really said it was a totally inappropriate thing.

I was more meaning on here, we were a few post in on this thread before anyone really said it was a totally inappropriate thing.
    Ah right, I’m sure we’d all agree it’s a horrible word and to be fair haven’t heard for a long time thankfully.

Their owner calling us docksiders, their fans physically attacking rival managers and players, constant homophobic chants, mocking blindness and sectarian songs. They have more faces than Big Ben that lot. I'm loving watching them squirm. Long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    They have a point about the unfortunate use of the word in question ... which if I understand correctly was a retweet and quickly pulled when Marathon Bet realised it. Its a shame the Yams were inadvertently given the chance to deflect from what is a great bit of piss taking.
    ...but they aren't they seem more cheesed off that the stand was taking pelters in that statement.

Sorry Kato, I think I've missed that - which thread? Ta
    The "Hearts New Stand" thread .

Left by mutual consent!
    Nobody is saying that is banter. That's a **** up of a mistake, the rest is banter.

Left by mutual consent!
    It was a few posts before people realised what the word is.

Nobody on here has said the pic with the word is banter, not one person.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    It was a few posts before people realised what the word is.

Nobody on here has said the pic with the word is banter, not one person.
    Ah ok, fair enough. Ta for clearing that up.

Listen no matter what the stand is a ****ing joke and everyone is laughing because of the pig headed way they went about it as If they were the only club in the universe to build a stand. It looks **** all like what they said it would as well.

So get it right ****ing up any of yo **** wits looking in.

Ive tried reading the writing on that pic but cant.... can someone let me know what it says...

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Listen no matter what the stand is a ****ing joke and everyone is laughing because of the pig headed way they went about it as If they were the only club in the universe to build a stand. It looks **** all like what they said it would as well.

So get it right ****ing up any of yo **** wits looking in.
    This.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Ive tried reading the writing on that pic but cant.... can someone let me know what it says...
    No bad design, over 200 seat can't see the goals.........rhymes with bongos!!

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    I doubt anyone will repeat that word on a public forum. It’s a vulgar word for someone with a mental handicap.

The Hearts statement was all about someone slagging their precious stand and not really anything to do with the language in the picture. They really are in a very bad place right now as a club and long may it continue