hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    At least the new guys will be bursting with pride, desperate to wear the jersey and understanding of the privilege that is being picked to play for your country.

Boyd forgets the disgrace he made of himself and his comments completely lack class.

I’ll completely understand if he is subject to some treatment next time he plays Aberdeen.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Boyd is an irrelevant, unqualified piece of dog turd. His ridiculous argument re. the new recruits to the Scotland squad, is that, because, in his moronic opinion, they are no better than the players already there, they should not be selected. OK fatso, does that mean that a squad should only include the players who are in position of a team place, at the exclusion of ready replacements and players being groomed for the future? Why does the BBC insist on employing current players, with personal agendas, to comment on our game?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boyd is an irrelevant, unqualified piece of dog turd. His ridiculous argument re. the new recruits to the Scotland squad, is that, because, in his moronic opinion, they are no better than the players already there, they should not be selected. OK fatso, does that mean that a squad should only include the players who are in position of a team place, at the exclusion of ready replacements and players being groomed for the future? Why does the BBC insist on employing current players, with personal agendas, to comment on our game?
    You’re right. It’ll be a game of two halves. Mass substitutions to gauge effective team formations, utilising those who can replace certain others. It’s almost certain to be 4-5-1 with only two strikers, or with wingers if we’re lucky.

I am more annoyed by comments from Ian Black. much more Scottish players are good enough to play in England, in the premiership. it's almost like advertising...............take the cream of our players!!

First Team Breakthrough DCI Gene Hunt's Avatar
    I am not sure what makes this mouthy pie-munching has-been bawheed qualified to pass comment on the promising youngsters. Is it the fact he is ex-OF that gives him some sort of superiority complex? Or is it the arrogance that being ex-Gerz breeds in players?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I am more annoyed by comments from Ian Black. much more Scottish players are good enough to play in England, in the premiership. it's almost like advertising...............take the cream of our players!!
    Think it was Eric Black hear what you are saying however he has been recently Southamptons assistant manager so think he was just trying to be positive to the group about the quality the Scottish based players had shown.

Boyd is trying to make a name for himself as a Hun Sutton (Hutton?) but it’s embarrassing and contrived as he doesn’t have the Witt and personality for it. However it’s Scotland, so he’ll walk into a gig in that role. Sadly we’re destined to suffer his inanities for decades.

Why as a nation do we constantly talk down the quality of our players/league?

IMO we have a lot of very good players, especially in the SPFL, and as a nation should be doing significantly better overall.

Northern Ireland play guys like Josh Magennis...he wouldn’t get anywhere close to our squad.

We have tried with the same squad for the past 10 years or so.

It’s about time we freshened it up and started playing younger guys that deserve a chance and perform consistently at a high level for their club.

One guy that should 100% get a call up when he is back for is Tom Cairney.
    Last edited by Unseen work; 08-11-2017 at 05:27 PM.

Who cares what that Fat Hun Jobby has to say??

Stick to eating pies and scoring goals against Hearts please Kris.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I can't help but be the cynic and think that Boyd is the soft and not so small underbelly of the The Rangers and if the beeb can wine and dine him into mutual good books then the normal service can start again.

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Whenever we hear on the BBC from a footballer that used to play with Rangers (a football team that used to play in Glasgow...went bust by their own hand, owing lots of money), it’s worth scanning this BBC page from 2015.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-34118126

According to the BBC, Kris Boyd had EBTs totalling £215,000 from the club that died. Assuming that HMRC could potentially come calling for unpaid taxes to everyone named on that page, then Boyd’s developing role as a football pundit explains the financial need to open his pie-hole (other than filling said hole with Greggs baked finest).

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    I have to say I've been very impressed with Ryan Christie when I've seen him. I've no idea whether he'd make the grade at international level but I'd certainly have him down as a "maybe" and would include him in squads.
    Yeh, me too, he looks a good player, hardworking and talented. I'd certainly put him in the squad too.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Boyd has certainly got everyone talking so BBC Sport will be pleased with the clicks to their social media sites and the reaction to it. They don't get as much interest with the likes of Murdo McLeod or Willie Miller!

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Boyd is a dumb ass fud. Aggressive and shouty, grammatically confused and a defender of the indefensible. He is truly appalling on the radio. The BBC are toiling for quality when that's what they have to resort to.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Boyd is a dumb ass fud. Aggressive and shouty, grammatically confused and a defender of the indefensible. He is truly appalling on the radio. The BBC are toiling for quality when that's what they have to resort to.
    They want controversy not quality.

Who cares about boyd. All this coming from a man who said hed never play for scotland again. Fk him

Doesnt bother me what Boyd says. At least he's got a bit of backbone to have an opinion. Tell you what, there's a few pundits and journalists who owe Boyd a massive apology regarding his article on Cathro. He was bang on with that. Not many on here were up in arms about him tearing Cathro apart publicly.