hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new contracts

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really hoping Dylan signs the new deal. Its been shown again recently when he's fit just how gifted a player he is.
    Me too, but Dylan will probably hold fire and see what else is on offer.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I knew we’ve been looking at someone from league 2, early 20’s

@hibs.net private member
    IMO I would not be sure Hibs would have a playing budget to allow for a "mate" to come in.
    Suggestions that he was injured when he came.
    Maybe he fitted in the alternative striker that Lennon was looking for and his wages were within the remainder of the budget left for players knowing Stokes would take a high porportion of the remaining.

There is zero chance he was signed to keep slivka company. Slivka has been away from home a long time now and I doubt he expects to go home anytime soon either.
    He was signed because it was thought he could do the job Holt done. From what I’ve seen in u20 games, he’s not good enough. Hopefully he can be moved on in Jan for his own sake as much as ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with most posters that big Dave really has not had enough time on the pitch for any of us to form any solid impression.
    If, as has been said, big Dave is being held in store for the muddy pitches to come, where the long ball is the only way forward, then he must be a frustrated individual at this time. If he wants away because of lack of game time this is understandable and who could blame him.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    I agree with most posters that big Dave really has not had enough time on the pitch for any of us to form any solid impression.
    If, as has been said, big Dave is being held in store for the muddy pitches to come, where the long ball is the only way forward, then he must be a frustrated individual at this time. If he wants away because of lack of game time this is understandable and who could blame him.
    My understanding is that he's not being putting in the required amount of work at training.

If that's the case then it's maybe Hibs wanting him away as opposed to the other way round.

Don't shoot the messanger.

There must have been cheaper Lithuanians to sign to keep Slivka company surely

Might still work out for the big fellae, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved on in January.

One decent performance and a goal against Hearts and he'll be one of our most important players a needing signed-up for another season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I think he will be gone by the summer at the latest. If that's insulting then fair enough.

I'm not really sure what you've seen that's impressed you considering he rarely plays for more than 5 minutes at a time but each to their own.
    But then folk are writing the poor guy off based on his brief cameos which is equally unfair tbh mate

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sure I read that big Dave had been watched by Lennon for almost a full season prior to us signing him. Hardly just a signing just to attract Slivka.

@hibs.net private member
    Nothing against big Dave bit I hope wee keep playing well enough that he is not needed. It was a terrible brand of football with Holt up front. Dave has looked ok and I'm sure he has scored one and possibly set up one despite the lack of game time. Good option to have but hope he is just that

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    My understanding is that he's not being putting in the required amount of work at training.

If that's the case then it's maybe Hibs wanting him away as opposed to the other way round.

Don't shoot the messanger.
    I was told a month ago he has been asked to find a new club in January so that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    I was told a month ago he has been asked to find a new club in January so that makes sense
    I heard that as well. But I would be happier to see Hibs put Boyle and Murray on a 4yr deal, at the moment in time I think they're both on a 2yr deal.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Will be a tragedy if Dylan doesn’t sign a new deal. 🙏

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Me too, but Dylan will probably hold fire and see what else is on offer.
    This could well be a stumbling point as there may well be clubs that come in that could offer better terms. However if we're putting a decent offer on the table and he and his family are happy here and settled then we should have a good shout of him staying (I don't know if Dylan has a family or they're even in Scotland, just surmising ). Really hope he stays as he is a quality player.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I heard that as well. But I would be happier to see Hibs put Boyle and Murray on a 4yr deal, at the moment in time I think they're both on a 2yr deal.
    The same person also told me an offer to SJM has been on the table for a while and is nowhere near being accepted. That surprises me as that would be a win win for us the player and St Mirren. Lets see what develops though

Lucas Joao(Striker) was rumoured in the summer from Sheff Wed, still not getting a game. 6 month loan for him would be great. Watched him play for Blackburn last year quite a bit and he would terrorize Scottish defences.