hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new contracts

new contracts

got told today that Dylan has been offered a new deal. obviously it all depends on him signing it but this would be a great move from hibs, I was also told big Dave will leave in January and Lennon has had a striker from league 1 down south up for talks already. this was passed on a from a fellow supporter.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Is big Dave injured or unhappy

really couldn't tell you. just passing on what I was told.
    can't say that I'd really be bothered if he stayed or left ....but if we can bring in better then we should

First Team Breakthrough HibeeDave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is big Dave injured or unhappy
    Or maybe not good enough?

I'm still a bit unclear about why we signed Matulevicius in the first place.

I think it's obvious that he's not really up to scratch and Lennon clearly doesn't rate him either so it would be for the best if he was let go in January.

The only reason I can think of for us signing him would be so that Slivka would have a fellow Lithuanian at the club and it was going to clinch his signature.

McGeouch signing a new deal is vital and I'm glad if one's been offered. I just hope he signs it.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeDave View Post

He's in Lithuania's squad and quite highly rated.

Hasn't worked out for him at all so far but you would think he's got what it takes?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

I think it's obvious that he's not really up to scratch and Lennon clearly doesn't rate him either so it would be for the best if he was let go in January.

The only reason I can think of for us signing him would be so that Slivka would have a fellow Lithuanian at the club and it was going to clinch his signature.

McGeouch signing a new deal is vital and I'm glad if one's been offered. I just hope he signs it.
    Think it’s a bit insulting to say his signing is some kind of mystery and that the manager doesn’t rate him.

Murray and Stokes have been scoring goals and playing really well. Maybe it’s as simple as that? Who’s to say he won’t get a chance at some point and do really well? I’ve been quite impressed with his brief cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Think it’s a bit insulting to say his signing is some kind of mystery and that the manager doesn’t rate him.

Murray and Stokes have been scoring goals and playing really well. Maybe it’s as simple as that? Who’s to say he won’t get a chance at some point and do really well? I’ve been quite impressed with his brief cameos.
    I think he will be gone by the summer at the latest. If that's insulting then fair enough.

I'm not really sure what you've seen that's impressed you considering he rarely plays for more than 5 minutes at a time but each to their own.

I think he will be gone by the summer at the latest. If that's insulting then fair enough.

I'm not really sure what you've seen that's impressed you considering he rarely plays for more than 5 minutes at a time but each to their own.
    I’d put my mortgage on him leaving in Jan.

Impossible to judge a player 1 way or another without him even starting a game. Ali Dia played more minutes than Big Dave has.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Really? I can't recall him doing anything of worth to impress or indeed having the time on the pitch to do so.

This is what I heard too, big Davy was signed cheap to get Slivka in, he maybe an international but it is for Lithuania and he's not the level we need, Stokes and Murray are totally different types of forwards, we need another like Murray with pace and goals.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Lennon said when he signed that Dave would be used more when pitches deteriorated and we needed to be more direct.

I think his time will come.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar

This is my take on the situation. We've got two guys who are doing well, just because he's not in the team doesn't mean he a bad player, maybe just not showing as much as them. Slivka isn't really featuring either but he's trying to displace McGinn and Dylan.

I have no doubt he's got talent but it's just not his time at the minute. He's got the choice to wait to see if he gets an opportunity or to move on, but no harm to him if he does decide to go,chest not been an unmitigated disaster as some previous strikers, just no room for him. I think Matty is right and when the winter comes and we need to be more direct there's a place for him. If we had gone in with just Shaw as back up there would have been pandemonium.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeDave View Post
    But bought to help Slivka settle in?

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I read an article yesterday about the top 10 Scottish players who were out of contract after this year. Dylan was #2, the author commentated that he'd had an unusually injury free season so far... turns out it was an article from Friday.
    Henderson also appeared, in fact that photo of him after we won the cup is the headline photo.

As for Dave, I hope he gets his chance. He could have been played in by Mcginn at Motherwell and a goal would help him settle (as would some more game time). He hasn't played enough to be called good or not good enough, as others have said; Stokes and Murray have been playing well, which is why.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I read an article yesterday about the top 10 Scottish players who were out of contract after this year. Dylan was #2, the author commentated that he'd had an unusually injury free season so far... turns out it was an article from Friday.
    Henderson also appeared, in fact that photo of him after we won the cup is the headline photo.

As for Dave, I hope he gets his chance. He could have been played in by Mcginn at Motherwell and a goal would help him settle (as would some more game time). He hasn't played enough to be called good or not good enough, as others have said; Stokes and Murray have been playing well, which is why.
    Who else was in top 10..anyone of note/interest for us?
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ano hibby View Post
    Who else was in top 10..anyone of note/interest for us?
    http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/the-top-10-players-in-scottish-football-with-expiring-contracts-1-4603489

Mon the Hibs.

Hardly insulting. Until the Hearts game Murray hadn't scored for two months. There were a number of games when we have struggled for goals and Lennon has still been reluctant to use him. Oli Shaw even seems to be further up the queue than him now as well.

He's been here for 4 months and not managed to start a single game which doesn't say much for him IMO.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I cant see that we'd sign a player just to help another player settle in, or sweeten the deal for Slivka to sign for us?

Probably he was a punt that has not worked yet, it might in the future?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    If Dave leaves we only have three strikers, one a youngster.

Lennon will have at least two lined up.

@hibs.net private member
    I thinks Big Dave has done fine when he's played but he's had so little time on the pitch it's hard to judge.

The form of our two main forwards, plus Shaw getting into the squad maybe means that he's playing less than anticipated. As other's have said it'll be up to him whether he stays and tries to force his way into the team or moves on.

If he does go I think we need to bring in another forward like him - someone who can win the ball in the air and hold it up. That's not the style I want us playing every week but there are games when you need a forward like that.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I thinks Big Dave has done fine when he's played but he's had so little time on the pitch it's hard to judge.

The form of our two main forwards, plus Shaw getting into the squad maybe means that he's playing less than anticipated. As other's have said it'll be up to him whether he stays and tries to force his way into the team or moves on.

If he does go I think we need to bring in another forward like him - someone who can win the ball in the air and hold it up. That's not the style I want us playing every week but there are games when you need a forward like that.
    He is a different type of forward than Stokes or Murray, more of the old fashioned centre forward and focal point of an attack and a direct replacement for Grant Holt.

The way we are playing though is at pace with good quick clever forwards, playing Big Dave would perhaps mean a change of style.

I assume we planned to have different options up front but the form of Boyle, Murray and Stokes means that dictates the way we play has changed?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I cant see that we'd sign a player just to help another player settle in, or sweeten the deal for Slivka to sign for us?

I think it’s probably a mix of both. Someone to help Slivka settle in while also looking on paper like he could have been a handy player himself. From what I’ve seen that’s not really the case and he’s not going to offer a lot.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I think it’s probably a mix of both. Someone to help Slivka settle in while also looking on paper like he could have been a handy player himself. From what I’ve seen that’s not really the case and he’s not going to offer a lot.
    What have you seen?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    The guy has had about 45 minutes of football to show us what he can do, that is no time to show quality. It doesn't help we have Murray who's scored 13 and a player with Stokes quality playing in a formation that allows for 1 striker most of the time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 21sMay View Post
    got told today that Dylan has been offered a new deal. obviously it all depends on him signing it but this would be a great move from hibs, I was also told big Dave will leave in January and Lennon has had a striker from league 1 down south up for talks already. this was passed on a from a fellow supporter.
    Really hoping Dylan signs the new deal. Its been shown again recently when he's fit just how gifted a player he is.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Hardly insulting. Until the Hearts game Murray hadn't scored for two months. There were a number of games when we have struggled for goals and Lennon has still been reluctant to use him. Oli Shaw even seems to be further up the queue than him now as well.

He's been here for 4 months and not managed to start a single game which doesn't say much for him IMO.
    See blackpoolhibs' post.

When I said insulting, I'm talking about the suggestions that he was brought in simply as a buddy to Slivka and that somehow our manager (who is a very good judge of a player) doesn't actually want him.

For those asking I think he holds the ball up really well and made decent contributions to seeing out the games v Hearts and Motherwell. His pedigree would suggest he can play football.

It may never work out but I think NL wanted him- which is all I was saying.

Left by mutual consent!
    The Stokes deal was far from in the bag when big Dave joined. We'd have been very light up front without him at that stage so it seemed a sensible enough move to me. He looks like he can play a bit judging by his youtube montage tho I realise you can't really judge a player on that. If we do bring in another striker in January tho it's hard to see where Dave would fit in.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Lyndon Andrews?

Eduardo Hurtado?