hibs.net Messageboard

Results 1 to 29 of 29
  1. #1

    Hearts and the Beatles

    Okay, probably not one that will be being belted out from the stands anytime soon, but this wee thing came into my head so thought I'd share it and let everyone tell me how sh**e it is .. in anticipation of such (and the fact I don't know the song THAT well.. I've just done the first 2 verses) .. ah well, it passed some time!

    To the tune of "When I'm sixty four":


    When you get older, and have no flair
    Many years from now.
    You'll be sending a long ball down the line,
    Or a diagonal straight to our '9'
    If we're being booed by quarter past 3,
    Would you stay for more?
    You're in the team mate, playing the Levein way.
    If you're 6 feet 4.

    I'll give set pieces to you
    and if you say the word
    I could make you gaffer too

    You could be handy, taking the boos
    When my tactics are wrong.
    You can come to training - 5 aside,
    Laps of the pitch if I've no had a ride.
    Fouling and hoof, a stand with no roof,
    atmosphere a bore.
    You're in the team mate, playing the Levein way.
    If you're 6 feet 4.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Testimonial Due Nameless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,620
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're in the team mate, playing Leveins way.
    If you're 6 feet 4.
    That was quite creative, good effort. The last line is actually rather catchy, but I think it flows a bit better if it's changed as above.


    Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Coaching Staff -Jonesy-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Old Toon
    Posts
    5,104
    I think that's a quality effort man, full marks!!

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was quite creative, good effort. The last line is actually rather catchy, but I think it flows a bit better if it's changed as above.


    Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
    Yep it was the last line that came into my head and made me do a quick penning of verses. Work needed but might be something there haha

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    4,651
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, probably not one that will be being belted out from the stands anytime soon, but this wee thing came into my head so thought I'd share it and let everyone tell me how sh**e it is .. in anticipation of such (and the fact I don't know the song THAT well.. I've just done the first 2 verses) .. ah well, it passed some time!

    To the tune of "When I'm sixty four":


    When you get older, and have no flair
    Many years from now.
    You'll be sending a long ball down the line,
    Or a diagonal straight to our '9'
    If we're being booed by quarter past 3,
    Would you stay for more?
    You're in the team mate, playing the Levein way.
    If you're 6 feet 4.

    I'll give set pieces to you
    and if you say the word
    I could make you gaffer too

    You could be handy, taking the boos
    When my tactics are wrong.
    You can come to training - 5 aside,
    Laps of the pitch if I've no had a ride.
    Fouling and hoof, a stand with no roof,
    atmosphere a bore.
    You're in the team mate, playing the Levein way.
    If you're 6 feet 4.

  7. #6
    Really is it not bad enough that they have taken Let it Be as their home anthem?

    I just cant understand how anyone can put the Beatles in the same sentence as their name......

    Utter sacrilege !

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really is it not bad enough that they have taken Let it Be as their home anthem?

    I just cant understand how anyone can put the Beatles in the same sentence as their name......

    Utter sacrilege !
    Isn’t it Hey jude they play at Tynecastle? Otherwise good rant!

  9. #8
    Coaching Staff Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    31,680
    Surely 0 6 4 merits a mention
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely 0 6 4 merits a mention
    Damn. Knew I’d forgotten something.. I genuinely did originally have a line rhyming with either “oh” or “zero” as in 4-6-0 but it was last week travelling when I first was writing this in my head haha.

  11. #10
    More of a Stones fan myself the intro for Sympathy for the Devil suits Romanov... :) well without the taste obviously!
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

    ....SHARE THE VISION RODNEY....

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More of a Stones fan myself the intro for Sympathy for the Devil suits Romanov... :) well without the taste obviously!
    Me too. Not even that big on the Beatles.. not a patch on the stones who happen to be my favourite band ;)

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Me too. Not even that big on the Beatles.. not a patch on the stones who happen to be my favourite band ;)
    I can’t stand The Beatles actually - there I said it :)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

    ....SHARE THE VISION RODNEY....

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by vivapalmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i can’t stand the beatles actually - there i said it :)
    go to your room!!!!

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More of a Stones fan myself the intro for Sympathy for the Devil suits Romanov... :) well without the taste obviously!
    Rolling stones - its only rock n roll

    When beating hearts

    I bet you think your the only team around
    I bet you think your the only team in town

    Well

    You know its 8 in a row and i like it!
    Repeat until necessary lol.

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Daft View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rolling stones - its only rock n roll

    When beating hearts

    I bet you think your the only team around
    I bet you think your the only team in town

    Well

    You know its 8 in a row and i like it!
    Repeat until necessary lol.

    8 in a row
    I like it

    8 in a row
    I like it

    I crack myself up sometimes lol

  17. #16
    I like it I like it

    I like the way

    That Hearts

    Just keep on getting beat

    And I'm liking it more with every game

    And I'm shouting "more of the same"

    I like it-are you liking it too

    Courtesy Gerry and the Pacemakers

  18. #17
    Coaching Staff iwasthere1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh South
    Posts
    19,823
    Help

  19. #18
    Testimonial Due Hibs07p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Penicuik
    Age
    58
    Posts
    3,248
    Do we not have a beatles favourite already.

    You're going down like a Russian submarine?

    GGTTH
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016

  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,544
    When I saw the thread title I immediately thought of Craig Levein “I am the walrus”....

  21. #20
    Johhny Cash - Folsolm Prison

    I hear the jamboes coming
    Rolling round the bend
    Theyve no best the hibees since
    I dunno when
    They escaped fae polmont prison
    Just tae get pumped again

    Na na na na na nana na na

    Someone do the next verse haha

  22. #21
    "Hey craig"

    Hey, Craig, please make Hearts bad
    Take yer ***** team and make them ****ter
    Remember you let ***** into the Hearts
    Now you can keep making them ****ter

    Hey, Craig, don't be afraid
    You're a specy version of Ian Cathro
    The minute you started picking the team
    Then you began to make it ****ter

    And anytime you feel the pain,
    Hey, Craig, dont refrain
    carry the Heartz upon your shoulders
    For well you know that it's a fool
    Who plays the ball cool
    Keep making the Hearts a lot ****ter

    Nah, nah nah, nah nah, nah nah, nah nah

    Hey, Craig, don't let Anne down
    You have found her, now you can keep her
    Remember she made you director of hoofball
    Now you can keep making Hearts ****ter

    So hoof it out and hoof it in,
    Hey, Craig, begin
    You're waiting for someone to perform good
    And don't you know that it's just impossible,
    Hey, Craig, you tool
    The movement you need is from the chip on your shoulder

    Nah, nah nah, nah nah, nah nah, nah nah yeah

    Hey, Craig, please make Hearts bad
    Take yer ***** team and make them ****ter
    Remember you let ***** into the Hearts
    Now you can keep making them ****ter, ****ter, ****ter, ****ter, ****ter... oh!

    Nah, nah nah, nah nah, nah, nah, nah nah,
    Hey, Craig
    Nah, nah nah, nah nah, nah, nah, nah nah,
    Hey, Pots
    Nah, nah nah, nah nah, nah, nah, nah nah,
    Gay, Specs
    Nah, nah nah, nah nah, nah, nah, nah nah,
    Hoof, baw(yeah, yeah, yeah)
    Last edited by Anti-hoofbaw; 07-11-2017 at 06:59 PM.

  23. #22
    First Team Regular Mixu62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    44
    Posts
    593
    Had this annoying ditty in my head after the last derby:

    The yams just hacked down John McGinn again
    He got up and blew them away again
    Hearts will never win this game again
    We've got John McGinn again

    I'll get me coat.

  24. #23
    Back in the ussr (potter on vocals)

    We've been beat by hibs and dundee
    Man i couldnt sleep last night
    Watched the highlights on the way to killie
    Man that was a dreadful sight

    Im backing the team thus far
    You dont know how big hearts are boy
    Backing the team thus far

    and Anne Budge always screams and shouts
    Cause we always go behind
    and with the jambo boys theres never a doubt
    Cause we always look to
    hoof it, hoof it, hoof it, hoof it
    Up the line

  25. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Daft View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back in the ussr (potter on vocals)

    We've been beat by hibs and dundee
    Man i couldnt sleep last night
    Watched the highlights on the way to killie
    Man that was a dreadful sight

    Im backing the team thus far
    You dont know how big hearts are boy
    Backing the team thus far

    and Anne Budge always screams and shouts
    Cause we always go behind
    and with the jambo boys theres never a doubt
    Cause we always look to
    hoof it, hoof it, hoof it, hoof it
    Up the line
    Probably won't be the winner!!

  26. #25
    First Team Breakthrough OxoHibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    496

    Unhappy

    I thought this was going to be a thread about them and their special relationship with the Beatles. Like after winning WW1 they discovered the Beatles!:win

  27. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Daft View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Johhny Cash - Folsolm Prison

    I hear the jamboes coming
    Rolling round the bend
    Theyve no best the hibees since
    I dunno when
    They escaped fae polmont prison
    Just tae get pumped again

    Na na na na na nana na na

    Someone do the next verse haha
    The Hi-bee fans are sitting in a fancy dinning car,
    Getting stuck into the bevy
    And smoking big cigars
    I knew we had it coming, years of misery
    How we beat the Hibees, that I just cant see.

  28. #27
    Yesterday
    All my troubles seemed so far away
    Then along came the 21st of May
    Oh I believe in yesterday

    Suddenly
    There's none of the songs there used to be
    Tiny's like a xxxxing library
    Oh I believe in yesterday


    I'll get my coat!

  29. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Hi-bee fans are sitting in a fancy dinning car,
    Getting stuck into the bevy
    And smoking big cigars
    I knew we had it coming, years of misery
    How we beat the Hibees, that I just cant see.

    😂 thats class

  30. #29

    Songs for the Hertz

    To be sung with arms stretched out with pointy fingers, pointing straight towards the Director Box when we're winning comfortably.....

    "Annie are you watching?
    Are you watching Annie?"

    "Annie are you watching?
    Are you watching Annie?"

    "You've been done by the Leith originals"

    The last line needs some work, all suggestions gratefully reviewed :)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved