hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Johnson Must Go

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Johnson is a tit. He could have expressed his opinion on the burka at numerous meetings with middle eastern diplomats whilst he was foreign secretary, instead he has now come out after his dismissal with this blatantly racist guff because he knows it will undermine May and her government.

2. Log in to remove the advert

****ing tragic, women risk their lives in Iran to fight against headwear and we have the usual mocha latte drinking do gooder social justice warrior toss pots out in force in the UK supporting the burka just so they can win smug points on social media.

I hope he stands his ground and doesn't apologise, it's time the left realises their faux outrage and horror can't force everyone to apologise and kneel to their fascism.

I'm not mad keen on the Burka, Niqab, Hijab etc. Mainly because I question how much choice is actually involved in wearing them. There always seems a level of hypocrisy when you see a woman dressed head to toe in black on a sweltering hot day whilst her husband strolls next to her in a t shirt, shorts and sunglasses. Seems traditional dress beliefs don't apply across the board.

There are ways of expressing an opinion tough and calling people 'letterboxes' is hardly appropriate.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough Lester B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ****ing tragic, women risk their lives in Iran to fight against headwear and we have the usual mocha latte drinking do gooder social justice warrior toss pots out in force in the UK supporting the burka just so they can win smug points on social media.

I hope he stands his ground and doesn't apologise, it's time the left realises their faux outrage and horror can't force everyone to apologise and kneel to their fascism.
    This is the point when you now officially go beyond the realms of parody.

Mocha latte? Nonsense. Double espresso all the way. You need that energy boost to be one of the "do gooder social justice warrior toss pots" [sic]

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post

Interesting about Iran, I have Iranian friends and wasn't aware of any of this. In fact, Iranian women have the highest rate of plastic surgery in the world, and I'd be surprised if they would do that, if they could hide behind a burka.

Are you sure any of what you wrote is true? A link to some evidence that it is would be really helpful.

And inverted snobbery over coffee is so last year. You do know that McDonald's and Greggs sell real coffee these days?

But, I hope the dumb ass stands his ground as well. People have every right to open their mouths and make an eejit of themselves - that's why I'm going to admit here, I don't see any need for the burka, find it slightly creepy, and wish the women wouldn't wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    Interesting about Iran, I have Iranian friends and wasn't aware of any of this. In fact, Iranian women have the highest rate of plastic surgery in the world, and I'd be surprised if they would do that, if they could hide behind a burka.

Are you sure any of what you wrote is true? A link to some evidence that it is would be really helpful.

And inverted snobbery over coffee is so last year. You do know that McDonald's and Greggs sell real coffee these days?

But, I hope the dumb ass stands his ground as well. People have every right to open their mouths and make an eejit of themselves - that's why I'm going to admit here, I don't see any need for the burka, find it slightly creepy, and wish the women wouldn't wear it.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/irans-brave-women-fighting-right-ditch-hijabs/amp/

Obviously there is a difference between a burka and hijab but the article suggests it is an issue being taken on.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/irans-brave-women-fighting-right-ditch-hijabs/amp/

Obviously there is a difference between a burka and hijab but the article suggests it is an issue being taken on.
    Interesting, thanks.

Illustrates the diversity of opinion within Islam, which seems to mirror the diversity within Christianity.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If this is Bojo's way of pushing himself to the front of the queue to be the next leader of the Tory party then that is a worrying state of affairs. As a career rather than conviction driven politician, he waited until the last minute to decide his position on Brexit to check how the wind was blowing. If he believes that this will get him support in a major political party then it is a sad day for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    Interesting, thanks.

Illustrates the diversity of opinion within Islam, which seems to mirror the diversity within Christianity.
    Indeed.

Got to a Society of St Pius X Tridentine Catholic Mass and women are still encouraged to wear a head scarf. I go to Mass in shorts and trainers.

Religions are a broad church. Pun intended.