hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Johnson Must Go

Johnson Must Go

A charity fears a British-Iranian woman held in Iran could have her prison sentence doubled following remarks made by the foreign secretary.

Boris Johnson told a Commons committee Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe was "training journalists" when she was arrested at Tehran Airport in 2016.

The Thomson Reuters Foundation said she was seeing family and urged Mr Johnson to correct his "serious mistake".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41890885

Some people, for reasons that escape me, seem to find this bumbling oaf endearing. I think the fact he holds the position he does in British politics is terrifying and this story is an example of one of the reasons why.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A charity fears a British-Iranian woman held in Iran could have her prison sentence doubled following remarks made by the foreign secretary.

Boris Johnson told a Commons committee Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe was "training journalists" when she was arrested at Tehran Airport in 2016.

The Thomson Reuters Foundation said she was seeing family and urged Mr Johnson to correct his "serious mistake".

Some people, for reasons that escape me, seem to find this bumbling oaf endearing. I think the fact he holds the position he does in British politics is terrifying and this story is an example of one of the reasons why.
    I watch 'In the Thick of It' to get any understanding of why idiots like him get into any position of power.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post

He's just the worst in the worst Westminster administration I can remember in my lifetime.

I wouldn't allow any one of them to look after my hamster.

People support them because they share and reinforce the worst prejudices and misconceptions of the most clueless sections of the electorate.

"Once one accepts that one has bear-hugged full-blown barking there is great comfort in the bright lights and noises of the wibble-wibble show ..."

He'll get away with it while the Patel woman gets the boot. As far as I know she hasn't consigned anyone to another stretch in an Iranian slammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    He's just the worst in the worst Westminster administration I can remember in my lifetime.

I wouldn't allow any one of them to look after my hamster.

People support them because they share and reinforce the worst prejudices and misconceptions of the most clueless sections of the electorate.
    Thick b***ards the length and breadth of the country like him because of his carefully curated clownish persona. Sound familiar?

This current shower of ****whippets has to be the worst I've ever seen. Probably in our most significant moment in the post-war era and they're not even at the wheel.

Strong and stable...
    Last edited by steakbake; 08-11-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    He'll get away with it while the Patel woman gets the boot. As far as I know she hasn't consigned anyone to another stretch in an Iranian slammer.
    Although, to be fair, starting your own ad-hoc contacts with controversial governments while on your holibags is similarly brain dead.

Testimonial Due weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    No but she was allegedly looking at ways that the British government could use funds to support the Israeli army in disputed territories. All without telling any other official in her department or party. Very very dubious practices

Edit. Perhaps not the govt but she was looking at how tax payers money could be used there. Even after being told by govt officials that it wasn't appropriate

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Johnson is a Hoof****ing Bungle**** of the highest order. It beggars belief that any working class person could cast a vote for him.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    This is pretty much an accurate report on what has happened.

http://newsthump.com/2017/11/08/medi...boris-johnson/
    ​#PERSEVERED

Watching Justine Greening on QT, and again it reminded me of how when you repeat a lie in modern political life it becomes truth. Boris did NOT apologise for his actions! I've heard a number of times from Tory MPs that he has,without evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Watching Justine Greening on QT, and again it reminded me of how when you repeat a lie in modern political life it becomes truth. Boris did NOT apologise for his actions! I've heard a number of times from Tory MPs that he has,without evidence.

This seems to be the sum total of any apology:

Eventually, after almost one hour of questioning, he added: ďI'm sorry if any words of mine have been taken out of context and misconstrued to cause anxiety to Nazanin's family.Ē

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Although, to be fair, starting your own ad-hoc contacts with controversial governments while on your holibags is similarly brain dead.

Well, that's OK then. We'll all just shut up and let the Iranians and Fat Boris get on with it then.

"Once one accepts that one has bear-hugged full-blown barking there is great comfort in the bright lights and noises of the wibble-wibble show ..."

Well, that's OK then. We'll all just shut up and let the Iranians and Fat Boris get on with it then.
    Erm, I don't think anyone said that...

Unless what he said i what she was doing.

The government could always be lying to us.

I meant BoJo and PP should both be sacked!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I meant BoJo and PP should both be sacked!

Sorry! Read it again and sussed out what you meant - perfectly clear now the penny's finally dropped.

I thought you were referring to Nazanin being on holiday, not Pretty Polly.

Got you now. 100% agreement.

Again, apologies!

Sorry! Read it again and sussed out what you meant - perfectly clear now the penny's finally dropped.

I thought you were referring to Nazanin being on holiday, not Pretty Polly.

Got you now. 100% agreement.

Again, apologies!
    Hehe, no worries.

Looks like Johnsonís gaff is going to cost all of US a cool £400m

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-johnson-vows/

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Looks like Johnsonís gaff is going to cost all of US a cool £400m

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-johnson-vows/
    Cuh. We could give that to the NHS...

Blog Entries
    Sorry if Iím ignorant of the real facts of this situation, but is it par for the course to pay £400m to secure the release of an innocent ĎBrití, falsely imprisonned abroad?

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Is it being suggested that Britain has to find £400m to maybe pay over? From the part of the article I can read it sounds like the cash is already frozen in an account and the question is whether or not to release it.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Sorry if Iím ignorant of the real facts of this situation, but is it par for the course to pay £400m to secure the release of an innocent ĎBrití, falsely imprisonned abroad?
    Definitely, definitely not...I guess this is being considered to save face of the etonian f***wit

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    What was she doing? What made him believe she was teaching journalism?

The foreign office is right, his comments shouldn't carry any weight - a shame they do.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    What was she doing? What made him believe she was teaching journalism?

The foreign office is right, his comments shouldn't carry any weight - a shame they do.
    It's absolutely incredulous that a hoof****ing bungle**** like him can get elected never mind anyone take what he says seriously.

@hibs.net proletariat member Pete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    It's absolutely incredulous that a hoof****ing bungle**** like him can get elected never mind anyone take what he says seriously.
    While he might be a daft toff who bumbles along from one disaster to another, he's a cuddly one. We collectively read our papers and watch our news programs that convince us that while they might be flawed, these people are better than us. They are to be trusted and they are from a reassuring elite who have done the whole leadership thing before.

Add in the media that wraps people in flags, blames the poor, the left wing and the foreigners for all our ills then you've got a lot of the idiots who don't quite know what's going on to vote for people like him too.

I can only come to the conclusion that in general, people in the UK are sheep, they're thick, they're fundamentally selfish and they'll believe what they're told without questioning things, even when they've got someone's foot on their throat