hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Levein must stay!

His archaic brand of hoofball remains me of the Butcher era and we all know how that ended up. Compare Levein to a proper football manager Neil Lennon, NL went out of his way to bring in Barker on loan from Man City. NL had clearly identified his target and knew his role in the team

Take the derby, hertz try the predictable long ball to Lafferty defenders know the script they take a step back and win majority of the tussles, its then a simple pass to midfield we then have Barker on one wing and Boyle on the other ripping them apart and creating real goal scoring opportunities.

There's a clear identity to NL's team, players know their role within the setup and we are reaping the rewards of having a manager who knows what he's trying to achieve, take the Dundee game, all the players declared themselves fit after the 3 - 0 win at Klli so NL went with the same team, it wasn't working NL made changes at HT that swung the game in our favor, the Dundee game had NL written all over it.

Under LD and NL we are moving in the right direction

Thankfully we have AB with our rivals CL is her man, long live the long ball, from our neighbors Levein must stay!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Levein never wanted the gig and it shows in his body language. They are so skint they had to appoint him and there was never anyone else going to get It.

He wants that DOF role and over see a Cathro type manager as no real manager would go near Hearts with Levein there even if they did have the cash to get someone good.

They are in a real bad way and it’s going to get worse for them before it gets better. We should just sit back and enjoy it. Hibs are miles and I mean miles ahead of Hearts on and and off the park.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Yep. He's classic yam. 1986 style. Ultimately a hoofball style bottler. Hid behind father dougal and now he's steering the clown's bicycle that is the yams. So long as no new dodgy money comes in he's there for the foreseeable.

Pleasing, as they say.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

He'll be staying for the next three years at least. Very pleasing. He's the most untouchable person at that club.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep. He's classic yam. 1986 style. Ultimately a hoofball style bottler. Hid behind father dougal and now he's steering the clown's bicycle that is the yams. So long as no new dodgy money comes in he's there for the foreseeable.

Pleasing, as they say.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    He's also become a bit Cathroesque with his choice of word buffoonery which is more pleasing

First Team Breakthrough biotech's Avatar
    If only he had an older wiser Director of Football to mentor him!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Auld *****y breeks 86 is carrying on the great work of Cathro. No improvement to be seen.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Levein never wanted the gig and it shows in his body language. They are so skint they had to appoint him and there was never anyone else going to get It.

He wants that DOF role and over see a Cathro type manager as no real manager would go near Hearts with Levein there even if they did have the cash to get someone good.

They are in a real bad way and it’s going to get worse for them before it gets better. We should just sit back and enjoy it. Hibs are miles and I mean miles ahead of Hearts on and and off the park.
    Yip I tend to agree that it wasn't something Levein wanted, I think it all went along the lines of this behind closed doors AB saying this is the real situation we have no money whoever who ever wants the gig stand forward when all bar Levein stood back

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    NO NO NO NO, you all have it all completely wrong. Don't you remember the "High Calibre" candidates they had lined up and interviewed?? Then it was announced that the answer was staring them in the face and there was only one man for the job?

It had NOTHING to do with the fact that the other "candidates" just laughed at them when they spoke about how much they would earn/have to spend/what facilities they had at their disposal.

But not could match the complete Yamfuddery and arrogance (and lack of money) that Mr Levein had to offer such an institution as the mighty Champions-League-Winning-World-Cup-Class HMFC.

Left by mutual consent!
    A kickback poll shows more than 50% want Levein out.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    So it would appear that the DoF scheme is in tatters.

One for you MattyF and James fans...

Damage the dream, damage the dream
    The magic is broken
    The house is in ruins
    Your memory's one-sided
    The side that you're choosing feels nothing
    Feels nothing at all
    We feel nothing at all
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Aye but what do they know?

They thought Vlad was going to win the Champions League by 2008,

They believed he was going to build the megasuperhotelstadium,

They thought they owed the tens of millions he was spending on them to themselves because they thought he owned a bank,

They thought he was selling them shares in the cash only share issue before he high tailed it to Moscow,

They thought Mrs Budge was going to deliver what Vlad didn't on the share issue, they think they are saving up for that when the cash has been diverted to the one overpriced and overdue shed,

They think they are building a stand with a bit on the back with a view of the castle,

They've got some common or garden driveway bricks that they call a mosaic,

They probably think they paid for the poppies even though it was the club themselves that disclosed they hadn't paid the charity,

Their exits are vomitoriums...................

I could go on but you get my drift? Potters going nowhere.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Purgatory for Levein.

He thought he could just pull the strings from the posh seats - now stuck in a job he hates with no end in sight.

Always wondered when Potter is used is it Harry a mega sucsessfull frachise or Brian who runs a wee crap club the Phoenix

First Team Breakthrough WWFTWTG's Avatar
    His pre match interview before the derby was priceless full of negativity I thought he was going to burst into tears

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    He’s one of your own
    He’s one of your own
    Sickboy Levein
    He’s one of you own...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

First Team Regular
    Am I the only one who thinks that Cathro might not have been so bad if he hadn’t had Levein breathing down his neck?

First Team Breakthrough WWFTWTG's Avatar
    Heard a good one at the weekend - new book for Christmas - Harry Potter and the Unfinished Stadium

Left by mutual consent!

There's certainly plenty of chat to that effect on kickback, with a lot of argument between the allisbarry head in the sand brigade and those who actually think the Budge regime is fair game for criticism.

It's claimed that, as you say, Levein never wanted the job, only attends training on a Thursday, doesn't travel with the team on matchdays and arrives at the stadium less than 30 minutes before kick-off.

If even one of those claims is true, it makes me hope he stays in the job for many years to come!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

It's claimed that, as you say, Levein never wanted the job, only attends training on a Thursday, doesn't travel with the team on matchdays and arrives at the stadium less than 30 minutes before kick-off.
    What does he do the rest of the week, pretty poor if true

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

Imo the one attribute managers must have is enthusiasm, without that they’ve no chance. Enthusiasm is infectious and if managers don’t have that they’ll drag the dressing room down with them.

he’s clearly not the same manager he was when he did a relatively ok job at Dundee Utd and hearts before, he’s not got the fire in his belly any more and it shows.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Brilliant. If only the BBC commentators would or could be so descriptive. Or maybe that was Preston

Just hope he doesnt walk if the pressure from fans gets too much.
    Have to think Budge wont fire him too soon given he's got a 3 year contract but I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to go if things continue the way they've been going.
    He's never the cheeriest guy in the world but he looks/sounds miserable just now.
    All very pleasing if he stays mind. Here's hoping.

@hibs.net private member
    That is absolutely magic.

Allisbarry though

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    A Kickback poll a week before he got the gig showed that less than 1% wanted him in It was still universal high 6's all round when he was appointed though

There's certainly plenty of chat to that effect on kickback, with a lot of argument between the allisbarry head in the sand brigade and those who actually think the Budge regime is fair game for criticism.

If even one of those claims is true, it makes me hope he stays in the job for many years to come!
    I know he doesn’t take training every day, that’s why they kept on Daly and the rest. He does pop down though to check now and then! He’s just a front really, Hearts are basically a rudderless ship with no captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    What does he do the rest of the week, pretty poor if true
    Apparently still doing his DOF duties! I’ve no idea what that involves.

Coaching Staff
    The yams obviously can't afford to get rid of him.

They went through the façade of three weeks of interviews for a managerial appointment...only to appoint the person to the position who was doing the interviewing!